B u l l e t # 2.

She's A Gun.

“Got any sevens?”
“Go fish. Got any nines?”
“Ugh, how do you always guess it?”
“Beginners luck? Your turn.”
“Got any eights?”
“Go fish. Got any threes?”
“You know what, I give up.”
“I though you said only losers give up.”
“I lied.” Jessica grins and lays down on her bed.
“I’m bored. Let’s go on a trip.”
“Are you crazy? You can’t just pack up and go on a trip. You have to plan everything.”
“Of course you can. Not everything in life has to be planned. The best moments in your life happen on impulse.”
“Well you can count me out.”
“Ugh, fine. I’ll just go alone then.” She rolls of the bed and takes her phone.
“Hello? Uncle Sam? It’s me, Jessica!”



 

“That would be 25 and 89 cents.”
“I only have 24.” I sigh as I look over my purchases and make the difficult decision of choosing which one to give up.
“I will be paying for that, please include this.” I hear a strangely familiar voice beside me.
“What are you doing?” As I turn around and face Kris.
“Paying. What does it look like mysterious rose girl?”
“Please, stop that.”
“So whatever should I call you, my beautiful stranger?” he asks as he takes the change and gives me my purchases.
“Anything, but that. Matter of fact, you shouldn’t call me anything. What you should have done is stay quiet and let me pay for my own damn things.”
“Whoa there kitty cat, what’s the problem?”
“My problem is you men. I don’t know why you feel like you have to save the day every time. Let the women be their own heroes for once.”
“You make it sound like I did such a horrible thing.”
“That’s because you did. Here” I give him my money “I’ll give you the rest the next time”
“So you’re saying there will be a next time?” He smiles cheekily.
“Don’t count on that” I turn around and start to walk away.
“So what’s your name? The last time you left me wondering, you know.” He says as he catches up to me.
“Oh I know. And since it seems that you’re not going to go away any time soon, it’s Jessica.”
“Well then pleasure to meet you Jessica. I’m Kris”
“I know, you said it the last time.”
“So you do remember me.”
“And shouldn’t I? Because I can forget you in just a second.” I answer as I give him a pointed look.
“No, of course not. I’m happy that you remember me.” he smiles a dashing smile.
“Mmm, I see. Well it looks like it’s time for us to part ways.”
“Wait, can I get your number or do I have to hope to see you somewhere sometime again?”
“I think you already know the answer to that question.”


“So you blew him off for the second time?”
“I did not. I just didn’t know my number.”
“I though you had remembered it after you had to repeat it for a thousand times to your grandmother.”
“Whatever.”
“Wow. Who would’ve thought that you would meet him for the second time just by visiting your uncle.”
“Yeah. I’m starting to wonder wherever he is a potential stalker”
“Or maybe you two are meant to be together.”
“Oh please, there is no such thing as being meant to be.“ She lays her head down on my lap and looks up to me.
"What do you want to do now?"
"Wanna play Fish?"
"Go to hell."
"I guess not."