B u l l e t # 7.

She's A Gun.


“I should really stop using sticky notes.”
“Why?”
“My whole room is the lair of yellow notes. I don’t know wherever it’s a horrible mess or a beautiful piece of art.”
“Sounds like modern art.”
Jessica laughs, turns around and faces me:
“If that’s the case then I should probably be the epitome of modern art.”




“Where have you been? I tried to contact you for a week now.”
“Oh sorry, time just flies by when I’m alone.”
“So all this time you were somewhere out there all alone?”
“Yes. And I loved every second of it. You have to learn how to love yourself. We come to this planet alone and we will leave it by ourselves as well. Even if you have thousands of friends or a big family which cares for you, in the end you stand alone.”
“Doesn’t it make you feel lonely?”
“Not at all, love. I love being alone. It gives me space and freedom. I don’t see why people crave so much to belong to somebody.”
“Well, I guess they crave for the security of that person. They want to be loved, to be happy, to know that at the end of the day there is someone who will take care of them,  who’ll love them and protect them.”
“Yeah… This reminds me of why I’m not in a relationship.”
“Don’t you want that?”
“I don’t want someone to take care of me or protect me. I’m not some damsel in distress. If some dragons would decide to attack me, I would slave them by myself without the help of some prince charming.”
“There’s something y about a woman, who can take care of herself.”
“I’ll take that as a compliment.”
“I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

We sit in silence as I judge a couple sitting beside us and making out shamelessly.
“Why do people feel the need to do that in public?”
“Do what?” he asks.
“Make out. Look at him, he’s groping her right in front of us.”
“Well maybe we will be the same someday.”
“Ha ha, no way darling. Things like these need to stay behind closed doors. Besides, aren’t you looking a bit too far into the future?”
“Doesn’t hurt to dream, right?”
“Whatever.”
“At least you’re warming up a bit to me.”
“Am I?”
“Yes. I believe that one day I will be able to break all of the walls you’ve built around yourself.”
“You know, I’m not the type to build up my walls, just to hope that someone breaks them. If you break them, I will build them up again.”
“Well then I will break them again and again, until you install some windows or doors in them for me.”



“What did you do through the whole week anyways?”

“Played mahjong.”
“All week?”
“Yes. A part from the little lunch & toilet breaks. That game is way to addicting.”
“Then why did you need that many sticky notes?”
“To remind myself that humans need sleep."