B u l l e t # 3.

She's A Gun.

“Who are you texting with?”
“Kris.”
“I thought you didn’t like him.”
“I don’t have to have romantic feelings towards someone just to text them. Besides it is quite funny when a handsome man like Kris uses emoticons.”
“I thought you hated emoticons. You said it makes people look immature and childish.”
“I do. But childish fits Kris.”
“Whatever you say.”
The room is followed by silence as the only thing you can hear are typing sounds made by Jessica’s cellphone.
“When did he get your number anyways?”
“Oh, I gave it to him yesterday.”

“Does this hat only come in black?” I ask the shop assistant while trying out the hat.
“Yes, this hat is from the monochrome collection, therefore there were only black and white ones. Unfortunately, we’ve already sold all white ones.”
“That’s okay, I was never a fan of white anyways.” I say as I continue to check my reflection in the mirror.
“Well aren’t you a trend setter” I hear a familiar deep voice behind me.
“You know, I think it’s time for me to put on a restriction order, because the way you always seem to find me is starting to look quite suspicious.” I say as I continue checking myself out through the mirror.
“Well it’s not hard to notice a captivating beauty like yours.”
“Oh please stop, you might hurt yourself. Is that how you get laid?”
“Sometimes. Other times I don’t need to say anything. I just smile and they all line up.”
“You’re cocky, I like that.” I chuckle and turn away from the mirror. “I’ll be taking this one.” I tell the shop assistant as I give her the hat.
“So what brought you to a woman clothing shop? Finally decided to get in touch with your inner female?” I ask as I head over to pay for my purchase.
“Wow, you’re so funny. You sure, you aren’t a comedian?”
“How did you guess? It’s not my only job though. On weekends I play dress up with strippers and earn money on the streets.”
“Interesting choice of a lifestyle.” I hum in agreement and take the change and the receipt.
“Hey, Kris, do you have a pen?”
“Oh, yes, I do. What do you need it for?” He asks as he takes out a pen from his jacket’s pocket and hands it to me. I take the pen and write my number on the receipt.
“Here” I give him my receipt.
“So you are finally giving me your number?” he asks as he checks the backside of the receipt.
“Yes. But If you don’t call soon, I may change my mind. So don’t be late” I say as I grab my bag and leave the shop.

“So you finally decided to give the guy a chance?”
“I gave him my number, not a chance. I just figured he could be a good new acquaintance”
“Or a good new potential boyfriend.”
“Oh no. Men don't last long with women like me" Jessica chuckles as she finishes glossing her lips.
"And why do you think so?" I ask.
"It is said that there are two kinds of women: those who want power in the world, and those who want power in bed.
And I want both."