B u l l e t # 4.

She's A Gun.

“Do have a favourite flower?”
“Uh, not really.”
“But if you were asked to name one, what would it be?”
“I don’t know. I guess roses are nice.”
“I see” Jessica answers as she continues gazing through the window.
“Did you know that there are different colours of tulips? I thought they were all yellow, pink and red. Seems like I was wrong.”
“What’s with the sudden interest in flowers anyway?”




I pass by a flower stand when a familiar figure with blond hair catches my eye.I walk up to him to find him checking out different kinds of..
“Tulips? Well you’re at least a tad bit more original than the ones who gift roses.”
“Fancy seeing you here. Choose the ones you like, I’ll buy them for you.”
“I thought I made it clear that I don’t like to receive any as soon as we met.”
“I thought you just disliked roses.”
“Well you thought wrong.” I pat his shoulder as he sighs.
“What do you have against flowers? Or any form of affection. You get fired up as soon as someone mentions them.”
“Me? I have nothing against flowers. In fact I love them. They’re quite beautiful and give colour to our lives.”
“Then why are you refusing mine?”
“Oh, darling. Just because I love them, doesn’t mean that I want you to buy them for me. But I appreciate the thought.”
“Then what about looking at them as gift for a special occasion?”
“And on what occasion would you give me flowers? Valentine’s Day?”
“No, I wouldn’t want to be so banal. How about International Women’s Day? You give me the independant woman vibe.”
“Oh, don’t even get me started on that. That day was made to celebrate women’s achievements throughout history and across nations and to express women's solidarity. It is supposed to be a reminder of the inequality that plagues society. And nowadays all that’s left of it is petty girls waiting for someone to gift them something.”
 “And what’s wrong with that? Giving something to the person you like is another form of showing affection.”
“Sweetie.. Flowers, chocolates, diamonds…They’re all material things that I can buy myself if I really want to.”
“You seem to have a habit of judging everyone and everything. Don't you get bored once in a while?”
“No.But if I bore you so much, you are free to leave anytime. I don’t plan to change my views just to intrigue you.”

 


“And?”
“And I left.”
“You know, you’re getting more and more creative in ways to blow off a person.”
“Not again.” She groans.
“Look, all I’m saying is you need to stop torturing the poor guy.”
“Torturing him? All I did was refuse his flowers.”
“And walk away as soon as he criticised your opinion. Weren’t you the one, who criticised men for not showing enough affection ?”
“Okay, okay, stop. This is a brand new outfit and now you’re getting guilt all over it.”
“All I’m saying is-“
“Honey, I realise that I was a tad bit rude. And I’m going to apologise in the most subtle way” she says as she types something into her phone.
“What are you doing?” I ask and she shushes me. Few seconds later her face is welcomed by a proud grin.
“I’m taking him out on a coffee date.”