B u l l e t # 14.

She's A Gun.


“Wow, time sure flies by so fast. Feels like just a few weeks ago it was summer and now it’s already new years.”
“The time where everyone feels that it’s appropriate to get embarrassingly drunk. God, I hate this time of the year.” Jessica sighs
“Oh common’, don’t be a killjoy, let the people have their fun.”
“I’m not stopping anyone. I just really dislike it when I go to the supermarket and the cashier is groaning to me about how sick she is feeling. Ever heard of saying that goes by ‘drink responsibly’?”
“Some people just like to party more than others. By the way, how was the party Kris took you to?”
“It was alright. Not really the people I would socialize with, but I still had fun, so that’s the important part. Speaking of Kris, I met up with him last night.”




“So, ready for a new year?”
“What is there to be ready for?”
“Well, you know what people say - a new year is a new beginning.”
“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. It’s not like it’s some kind of special occurrence, where suddenly your whole life is turned upside down and you get to start anew. It’s just another day in a week. People who usually say these kind of things are also more likely to be the ones who believe in destiny.”
“And I bet you have some complains about that too, sweetie.” Kris comments as he leans next to the wall with his arms crossed and he observes me with a glint of amusement.
I just think that it's a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. That’s why we have so many dissatisfied and miserable people. They all just expect everything to fall in place instead of putting in even a tiny bit of effort. Success doesn’t just come for you.  You must go out and get it.”
“And I think that you should stop thinking so much about other people and spend more time for yourself.”
“Oh honey, if I spend even more time on myself, I’ll just become vain.”
“And I’ll still love you.”
“If I was one for violence, I would’ve probably punched you after the fifth cheesy thing you’ve said.”
“I always knew you were a one.” He laughs as I role my eyes and utter a barely audible chuckle.
“I guess this is a great time for me to tell you about my new years resolution.”
“You have a resolution?”
“Few actually. But one stands out from the others.”
“And I guess you’re going to share only the odd one?”
“It’s not odd, but yes.”
“Do go on then,  darling.”
“Well it has something to do with you.”
“With me?” I ask in a surprised tone.
“Yes. Well we’ve been dating for quite a while and I was contemplating on when to talk to you about this and I believe this is the right moment..”
“Cut the chase, love, and tell me.” I cut off his staggering.
Kris stays silent for a moment and tussles his hair as he takes a deep sigh. Then he lifts his head, catches my gaze and whispers:
“Move in with me.”



“But aren’t you scared?”
“Scared of what?”
“Well, moving in with another person requires a lot of courage and trust. You’re basically throwing away your private life.”
“But isn’t that the most exciting part about being in a relationship? To be able to share all that you are with another person.”
“I’m sure it is. But still, I couldn’t do it. I mean, I’d be worried for him to be repulsed after seeing me all sleep deprived and without any make up on.”
“Well I don’t need a shallow man, so if he doesn’t like my appearance, he can leave anytime. Besides, if the world was blind, how many people would you impress?”