Chapter 1

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 1

“Jinah, you coming?” Bora asked. I tuned out from a daze that captivated my mind, and nodded as I stood out from my seat.

“Yeah, sorry. Class is so boring. I would literally rot away if I stayed in any longer.” I complained linking arms with my minions. Ah, another successful day ruling the kingdom.

We walked down the hall, our heads held high with the expectation that everyone would part like the red sea, and so it should be. We stumbled when we walked out the door due to someone swinging out in front of us.

“Excuse you for being so disrespectful. Who do you think you are to block our way?” I squawked. My step-peasant stood before us like a statue.

“Ah I see that knock on your head wasn’t enough for you to get the message?” I teased, pushing my thumb onto the bruise I gave him before. He squinted his eyes as he clenched his teeth at the pain.  What a woose.

“Appa’s in the car.” He quietly advised like he couldn’t be bothered speaking to me. I fake laughed thinking if he was for real.

“Puh-lease as if I’d ride home with you.” I said, earning an unattractive sarcastic smile. I returned his sarcastic smile with hateful eyes and shoved him aside as my minions and I strutted past him.  

We snickered as we made our way to the bus stop in the near distance. A black expensive car pulled up before us gaining our attention with its tooting horn.

My stepdad sat smiling in the front seat as he put down the window.

“Guess who’s here to pick you up?" He asked rhetorically. Yoouuu…

As much as I’ve grown to love my stepdad I didn’t exactly appreciate his presence at the moment.

“Appa.” I pasted on a smile. My eyes caught on my step-peasant who sat in the passenger seat reading a text book. There was absolutely no way I was going to get in the car while he was in it.  

“Come on get in.” Appa gestured with a bright happy smile. I exchanged unsure glances with my minions looking back at my Appa who unlocked the car. I mentally groaned and bided my friends farewell as I sighed getting in the backseat.

“How was school today?” He asked as we set out on the road.

“A real blast.” I said emotionless as I stared out of the window.

“It will get better. And you young man?” He asked Myungsoo. My attention fixed on him as he tore away his eyes from his book and glanced at his father.

“Yeah it was alright.” He said shyly. Pft what a loser I thought as I looked back out of the window.

 

We arrived home and I immediately went up to my room throwing myself down on my bed. Ah, it felt good to be home.

My phone buzzed so I rolled on my tummy to read a text I got from an anonymous sender.

From: unknown number

I know this may seem sudden but I’ve been in love with you since forever.  I can’t get you out of my head. I do love nothing in the world so much as you.

- Chunji

I rolled my eyes at the confession. Not another one again just give me a break. Love? It doesn’t even exist; those people who believe in love are so stupid enough to think that they have a soul mate that will love them for eternity. What a crop of crap!

Reply To: unknown number

2 words: Not interested. Don’t give me that bull about ‘forever’ I’ve only been at the school for a year. You can’t get me out of your head? THEN STOP THINKING OF ME! That is creepy, you are creepy. And what’s up with that last sentence? Shakespeare? Hahahahaha.

- Jinah

I hit the send button before Umma called me down for dinner. I plopped down in the seat next to her giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“How was school?” She asked as she grabbed some food from the side dishes. 

“Okay.” I sighed as I grabbed my chopsticks and served myself.

“Just okay?” She cooed. 

“My, my how did you do that? Are you okay?” She asked worriedly as she spotted the bruise on Myungsoo’s forehead. I glared at him and kicked his foot under the table. He better not say anything.

“I lost my footing.” He replied blandly. I snickered and continued to eat.

“Mm, Jinah help your brother put some cream on it.” Umma instructed. My rice got caught in  my throat so I sculled down my glass of water.

“He’s got hands he can do it himself.” I pointed out outraged as I wiped my damp lips with my napkin. I caught my mother’s eyes of death so I had no choice and did what I was told to do.

I followed him into the bathroom and rested against the cool granite benchtop. 

“You can do it yourself.” I harshly said. Umma who had been listening cleared warningly.

“Aish.” I expressed annoyed and yanked the tube off Myungsoo. 

“Umma we ran out of those big cotton bud stick thingys.” I called out bursting with joy inside. Yes finally an excuse.

“You’ve got hands do you not?” 

I squirmed aggravated and glared at my step-peasant with my nostrils flaring.

“This is all your fault!” I accuse. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. 

“No it isn’t. If I remember correctly you’re the one that gave me this. Which gives you more reason to treat it.” He said slowly with a hint of a teasing smile. 

“Shut up.” I ordered as I turned to pick up the tube again. I puffed and unscrewed the lid squeezing the medicine cream on my pointer finger.

I looked up at the bruise on Myungsoo’s forehead. That looks like one of those painful ones.

Gently I rubbed the cream in circles trying to be careful that I didn’t hurt him. Truth is I felt guilty and regretful also remembering that I probably made it worse when I pressured it down with my thumb. It’s just that being the Queenka, I have my image to uphold and of course I want the attention to stand out, it doesn’t really matter what I do.

But I never meant to hurt Myungsoo in the first place.  

“Kiiiiiiiidddss.” Umma dragged out. I was brought back to my senses and pressed firmly on his bruise. He shrieked in pain while I answered my Umma.

“You better start getting ready for bed.” She advised. I rolled my eyes as I washed my hands.

“I’m having a shower first.” I announced before brushing past him and closing myself in my room.  

I spent three and a half hours talking with my minions while accomplishing my normal daily girly things. 

“Kids. Shower! I want to go to bed!” Umma nagged. I groaned and closed my laptop getting ready to have a shower. I walked out finding the bathroom door locked.

“Yes?” I hear Myungsoo call out.  

“YAH! I said I was having a shower first.” I reminded. There was no reply until Myungsoo slightly opened the door and stuck his head through.

“I have been waiting over three hours for you to have shower. Plus does it really matter who takes a shower first?” He asked annoyed.

“Yes it does, now move it.” I ordered as I attempted to push him aside. He stood firm on his feet.

“No. You can’t just do that to people. ” He said harshly and slammed the door in my face. I gasped offended. You just wait until you get out.   

I huffed and I squatted down the wall as I sat down awaiting my shower time. Is he testing my patience? What’s taking him so long it’s not like he needs to beautify himself or anything. Outer appearance is foreign to him.

I grew tired and I slowly drifted off into sleep.

***

I woke up seeing unfamiliar morning surroundings and realized I must have fallen asleep which means I DIDN’T HAVE A SHOWER!

Feeling disgusted I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in it. I got a fright when I looked in the mirror seeing a sticky-note stuck on my head. I pulled it off and read it.

Good morning smelly. I took a picture of you sleeping last night. You had all drool and your mouth was hanging open. Hm I wonder how many likes that would get of facebook? – Myungsoo.    

My eyes barged open and I almost had a panic attack. Who does he think he is to . . . garh thinking about him is a waste of my life. I crushed the note in my fist and ripped it to peices. Heh and thats what I think of you!

I finished having a shower and quickly got ready for school that I was late for. I ran down the stairs smelling a loving scent drift past my nose. I turned back to see something delicious on the table. I noticed a note was placed besides it.

Umma forced me to make you breakfast before I left the house. I put rat poison in it. – Myungsoo

I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I sat before the very appetizing dish. 

Mmmmm I could eat it forever. This dish just melted in my mouth exploding with flavor that gets me begging for more. Yeeahh Myungsoo defiantly didn’t cook this; neither did my Umma her food doesn’t taste like this. Oh so it must be Appa, but he leaves early in the morning so. . .  Myungsoo?!

I caught myself smiling warmly at the idea of my step-peasant making breakfast for me. I sharply shook my head to get rid of that thought.

“Of course it should be good, I’m the Queenka.” I assured myself.  I quickly finished my divine breakfast and hurried off to my Kingdom as my school needs their Queenka.  

 

 

“Thank you for making an appearance Miss Kim.”

“It’s Miss Song.” I corrected and headed to my desk that was in between my minions’.   Everyone else sits in pairs but I’m the Queenka so I get my ways…

Time was going too slow for me and I constantly kept looking at the clock for the period to be over.

I sighed resting my cheek on my propped up hand tuning out of the lesson as my thoughts took over my senses.

I my lips remembering the meal I had at beforehand. It was delicious and it was made for me . . . by Myungsoo. My eyes wondered to my brother who sat across from me scribbling notes down in his notebook.    

He knows that I make it my mission to pick on him, so in return why did he do that? Oh right I remember, Umma forced him too. Haha of course, he wouldn’t do something like that . . . right?

I looked away bighting my lip when he glanced over catching me look at him. I was saved by the bell and I packed away my things and stood up prepared to lead the way with my two minions arm in arm behind me.

Just walk forward and ignore the step-peasant I mentally told myself.

“Psh, there’s Myungsoo.” Hyorin quietly snickered as she cocked her head his way. Damn it, so much for me trying to ignore him. 

Passing his desk I stuck out my foot making him stumble forehead. I heard him groan as he dropped his text book.  

We laughed as Bora kicked his book away as he went to bend down to pick it up.  He shot us a glare that I only noticed. And it hurt, I don’t know how or why but it hurt to see my step-peasant with eyes of loathe because of me.  

He picked his book up and dusted it off only to have Bora knocking it out of his hands. He inhaled deeply I could tell he was furious. As she went to push him I grabbed her arm.

“Hey that’s enough.” I tell Bora off as I grip onto her arm. My eyes daggering hard into hers.  

 

 

Yay first chapter is down. The font keep stuffing up :( Please do not hesitate to leave some feedback :)

3 subscribers already? THANKYOU I'm touched :)