Chapter 4

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 4

Umma rubbed my back as I began coughing and held a glass of water for me to drink. I squeezed my eyes shut and sculled it down.

I sighed in relief and nervously glanced at Myungsoo again. I felt so awkward I just couldn’t stop fidgeting and I kept my head turned away, just so I didn’t have to look at my step-peasant.

“Um, I don’t feel like breakfast. I’m going to get ready for school.” I stuttered as I tucked in my chair and scurried away, tripping on a step.

“Jinah, watch where you are going!” Appa scolded. Of course I wanted to watch where I was going but doing so would mean that I’d catch a certain someone in the corner of my eye. 

I ran to my room and shut the door behind me. I puffed and fanned myself with my hand.

I exhaled and rubbed my temples. “What am I going to do?” I asked distressed as my eyes began to water.

I sniffled and put on my uniform slowly hoping that Myungsoo would have already left.  I decided to dawdle around a bit before I headed down stairs like a ninja.  

I sighed in relief when I realized the house was peasant-free, so I said my goodbyes to my parents and headed out.

I came to a halt when I caught someone leaning on the wall besides the door.

“You scared me!” I shrieked as my heart pumped due to the shock. He kicked himself off of the wall and stood in front of me. I gulped and tightened my grip on my bag as I refused to look up at him.

“Well? I did what you said.” He pointed out.

“That’s good.” I said as I shuffled past him looking away. He caught my forearm to stop me in my tracks. He leaned forward slightly so he could take a look at me.

“Why are you refusing to look at me?” He asked with a slight laugh.  I told myself to be brave and to stop being stupid so I jerked my head his way.

“Because looking at you is a waste . . . of . . . m-my s-s-s-sigh-t-t.” I stuttered, as I gazed up at Myungsoo. I gulped and tugged my arm out of his hold and walked past him breathing heavily. 

I continued down the street and leaned against a wall once I had turned the corner, and placed a hand on my racing heart.  

Helping him was a bad idea. Cannot this be a time where I am selfish? I should have said no and shunned him out completely for my sake.

“Aish!” I expressed, before I covered my mouth as I heard approaching footsteps. I looked around my surrounding area trying to find a place to hide. Being unsuccessful, I quickly whipped around leaning my head on the wall behind me.

Maybe if I hide like this he won’t see me, and just walk straight past. I hoped.

I suddenly felt a shadow cast over me as my brother cleared his throat. I cursed under my breath and squeezed my eyes shut as I turned my back to him.

“Jinah? What on earth are you doing?” Myungsoo laughed. I bit my lip and prayed that he’d go away. He placed his hand on my shoulder to turn me around so he could see me.  

“Are you okay? You normally storm off ahead of me.” He pointed out.

“I’m worried because I forgot to do my homework.” I fibbed, avoiding looking him in the eyes. Because if I did, I knew I would lose myself in them and my unhealthy feelings will take over control.  

“Right.” He dragged out as if he didn’t believe me. 

“It’s true!” I said agitated and stormed past him as I continued my lonely path to school.

***  

I was too conversed in my conversation with my minions that I hadn’t realized Myungsoo had arrived in class. Hyorin looked across and cocked her head his way as she threw a scrunched up piece of paper at him

“Hey my grandfather is looking for something to wear to the oldies golf club. Mind if he comes over and borrows your clothes?” She teased. Bora and Hyorin burst into laughter; I didn’t see what was so funny about that so I just sat there pretending to laugh.   

He turned in his seat and glared at the three of us. Hyorin dropped her sparkly pink pencil as dropped open and Bora went in a daze where she very slowly dreamily smiled. 

I looked back into his eyes; my whole world around me was muted as the only thing I could hear was my beating heart.

He continued to look back at me as well; his lips slightly parting making me wet my bottom lip. We unlocked our eyes when his seatmate came over and sat next to him. 

I quickly snapped back to my senses and looked at the two gazing girl besides me. I clicked my fingers in front of their eyes. Don’t look at my brother like that.

“Forget my grandfather, I’m coming.” Hyorin said still in a daze as she wiped her drool.

Bora frightened me when she grabbed onto my shoulders and shook me.

“Jinah is that gorgeous creature your brother? Why didn’t you tell me, ani, did you even know he was perfect?” She questioned in a rush.  I stared back at her and said nothing.

Of course I knew. I didn’t want anyone to know how perfect was otherwise girls would start to like him. And if he knows that he is perfect, he’ll look at other girls because he is too perfect for me.

What am I saying? He was never mine in the first place. After all that I’ve put him through and on top of that being his sister, there is absolutely no possible way he’ll ever look at me. Ever.  

Knowing that hurt me, so I angrily ripped up a small scrap piece of paper in even smaller pieces. 

Class had started and I tried to divert my attention from leading to my step-peasant. I even bothered to take down notes.   

I looked to both my sides and fumed inside when I saw my minions dazedly stare at my brother. And I didn’t like that one bit.

Finally class was over and my minions had already packed up in a jiffy before they rushed off and stood in front of Myungsoo’s desk.

“Myungsoo~” They chimed. I scoffed as I watched the scene.

“We’d just like to say that we’re sorry for what we did to you. In actual fact we were just joking around, and I know you know that.” They said making a flirtatious effort to win him over.  

Not baring to watch the scene any longer, I finished packing up purposely making noises and stormed away only to be pulled to the side.  

Us three girl’s all looked down at the hand that grabbed my forearm.  My mouth slowly opened slightly and butterflies fluttered away in my stomach.  

He leaned slightly towards them and if eyes could smirk, his were smirking.  

“Do you think I’m dumb? That I don’t know what you are thinking? That I don’t know that you guys are trying to fool me into thinking that all this picking on me and making my days at school hell, was all because you guys wanted to joke around with good intentions? Why? Because an ugly duckling suddenly turned into a swan? Pft, pathetic people like you are the worst. Jinah your coming with me, I need to tell you something.” He said sternly and dragged me out of the class leaving my minions and I dumbfounded.

I hopelessly followed after him still caught up in my thoughts. He suddenly stopped and swung around to face me.

“Jinah.” He started. I looked around him trying to find a place to rest my eyes. He put his hands on my shoulders and my eyes immediately flicked over and stared into his.

“Whatever you do, don’t take your normal route home. When you get to the roundabout go right instead of straight.” He ordered. I snapped back to reality and looked at him confused.

“Who are you to tell me what to do?” I answered back as I nervously stood before him.

“Jinah you have to listen to me. Just do as I say okay?” He pleased, his eyes worriedly searching mine.

“O-okay.” I replied still in shock of his mood. He dropped his hands off my shoulders in relief.  

“You have to remember!” He ordered as he slowly started to back away. 

“Okay I got it.” I answered back as if I was annoyed. Of course it was just a cover. He turned away and jogged off, my eyes trailing after him until I couldn’t see him anymore.

I sighed and slumped down on the bench behind me. I wondered why he seemed to be so worried about me. It reminded me of the time when he saved me at the river.  

***

I hopped off the bus and continued my route home before my phone rang.

“Yes, Bora?” I answered after reading the caller id. I heard sniffles.

“JIINNNAHHHHH.” She whined sounding like a foghorn.

“What is everything okay?” I asked.

“I feel so awful! After we pushed Myungsoo around *hiccup* when actual fact he was hottie in disguise all that time. Now he hates me.” She wailed. I rolled my eyes.

“Bora calm down you sound like a wounded seal.” I advised.

“JIINNNAAHHH~ make him like meeeee.” She wailed. My head was hurting, I didn’t need this today.

“Yah! Get a grip. I’m hanging up; don’t call me again to make my brother like you.” I yelled harshly into the phone and hung up. Pft, as if I would do that.

I realized that I had been distracted talking on the phone and I had forgotten what Myungsoo told me.

“Oh, that’s right.” I expressed and went to turn back around only to face a line of up-to-no-good guys.

“May I help you?” I asked rudely. The ‘leader’ who had a bandana tied around his head scoffed and stepped forward.  He suddenly grabbed my face and turned my head to the right then to the left as if to examine me.                                                                           

“Beautiful.” His disciples muttered. I had no idea what they wanted from me which scared me to my core. I just prayed that I’d be left alone. The leader let my face go and crossed his arms.

“What’s your name?” He asked and his lips. I looked down and fiddled with my thumbs.                                                     “Song Jinah.” I replied wanting to cry and run away. Hearing no reply, I looked up to see the guys smiling. In their eyes I could see mischief and other things that disturbed me.

I took a step back as they nodded at each other. My adrenaline started bursting through my body and I stepped back before I attempted to run away.

“After her! Otherwise we won’t get our money!” The leader screamed. Money? Nothing in this world is scarier than some people who would fall into the black market for money.

I ran from the boys who chased eagerly after me. Umma . . . Appa . . . MYUNGSOOO help me!

I ran out of breath as I ran through tall grass and was caught by them. I cried as I trembled not knowing what they’d do to me.  

The leader whistled and my eyes shifted down to where they started looking with gazes that made me uncomfortable. I felt exposed.

“Look what we have here. A beautiful youthful girl with a y hot body. We’re going to have fun.” They disturbingly declared. 

I gulped as trembling tears slid down my cheeks. Suddenly I was pushed down onto the ground and before I could react, he hovered over me attempting to my shirt.

“Stop it! Get off! Somebody help me!” I yelled before I bit hardly on his ear He shrieked in pain, taking off his bandana and tying it around my mouth, the fabric, clenched between my teeth.

He ed my shirt and buried his head in my chest as his hand slid up my thigh. I constantly tried to push him off at the same time as I clawed at him and beat him. He didn’t budge as I was too weak.

My endless tears streamed down my face as he on my neck and continued to slide his hand up my torso. I just wanted for it to all stop. I didn’t want to be and live each day knowing that my purity was tainted.   

His disciples were there laughing, taking video and pictures with their phones. Evil bastards.  

I cried my heart and soul out, wishing for someone to help me. I wasn’t myself I was a total wreck; I wasn’t in my right senses.

All I can remember is the leader instantly getting off of me and a new person, I assumed to be one of his disciples, claimed me in his arms. I kicked, I scratched, I hit, and I punched, until I unblocked myself from hearing soothing voice.

“Jinah it’s me, Its Myungsoo, Jinah~, Jinah~, it’s okay.” The boy cried as he gently rocked me back and forth, after he had untied the bandana. I instantly clung onto him clenching his shirt in my fists as he my hair, and cried repeating over and over again that he was sorry.   

I stayed hopelessly in his arms bawling my eyes out.

 

Ohh the drama.... well its past bedtime for me ^.^ feel free to give me some feedback :)