Chapter 2

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 2

I cleared my throat as I let go of her arm. I didn’t want my minions to think that I betrayed them, but a part of me wanted them to leave my step-peasant alone.   

“He’s not worth our attention.” I made up an excuse. Bora nodded her head slowly as I whipped around and walked out of the classroom.

“Are you feeling okay today?” Hyorin worriedly asked.

“Yeah, I just went to bed late.” I replied, I gave the approaching Chunji the cold shoulder. Talk about someone who’s not worth our attention.  

“Pft that or you were bonding with your brother.” Bora scoffed. I banged my food tray that I had just taken on the counter.

“What makes you say that?” I asked rudely as I got served my food.

“Hmm nothing, I was just joking. I know you hate him, you don’t have to react like that.” Bora reasoned.  That’s right of course I’m supposed to hate him. Speaking of him, I wonder where he normally sits.

My eyes scanned the cafeteria curiously searching for Myungsoo. Come to think of it I’ve never seen him eat inside here.

“Aren’t you going to sit down?” Bora asked, noticing that I was standing in front of my chair.

“No can’t you see? She’s looking for her nerdy brother.” Hyorin joked as she nudged Bora.  

“Am not.” I answered back as I roughly pulled out my chair and plopped down. My minions glanced at each other and giggled. I death stared them down as I aggressively chewed my rice.  

“Bwoh?” I asked annoyed.

“Nothing~.” They chimed. I sarcastically smiled and rolled my eyes. Suddenly in the corner of my eye, I spotted a familiar figure walk by.

I shifted my head and my eyes followed after the boy who adjusted his glasses as he kept his head held low. Sensing that I was watching him, he slowly looked over with a glare directed at me. 

I gulped as I clenched my teeth feeling guilty as if possibly I had done something wrong. Hold up, I’m the Queenka so there is nothing I do that is wrong.  

I slammed my chopsticks down startling my Minions. I stood up and leaned across the table with my hands spread out on the table to support me.

“Who does he think he is glaring at me like that? Girls, let’s go.” I instructed.

I stormed out of the cafeteria nicking someone’s juice can with my minions tagging behind. I aimed the can in Myungsoo’s direction and threw it at him as we swiftly approached him. He whipped around trying to look back at the juice that spilled on his shirt. His eyes shifted on us who came storming over and he rolled his eyes.

“It seems to me that someone is cruising for a bruising.” I sassily said as I pushed his shoulder. He looked down at the shoulder I pushed and with strong eyes he looked at me, his head following after, making me feel small.

“Do you have anything better to do then to -”

“Shut it. Who asked for you to talk?” I interrupted trying to gain my power. Who is he to make me feel so small?

He huffed and pushed up his glasses. “I’m really having enough of you bugging me all the time. Just what do you want?” He groaned annoyed.

“How dare you answer back!” I reacted instantly and slapped him. His head was turned to the side displaying my hand print on his cheek. He clenched his jaw and inhaled deeply.

“Oh what’s this? You’re trying to calm yourself so you won’t hit us?” Hyorin teased.  

“Huh, what a woose. Come on hit me.” I commanded as I pushed his chest to stir him up. He still had his head turned to the side as he clenched his teeth

“Come on fight back.” I encouraged as I nudged his shoulder. He still didn’t budge so I kicked down on his leg and he fell on his knees in pain.

“Fight back you woose. Be a man!” I yelled bending over with my hands on my knees. He looked up at me with loathing eyes.

“A man that hits a woman is not a man.” He sternly said as he slowly got up.  

You could say ‘cat got my tongue’ and all I was left to do was just look him in the eyes guiltily. He tore his eyes away from mine, brushed the dirt off his pants, and walked away with a slight limp.

I came back to my senses and scoffed, crossing my arms. I turned around to face my minions who were standing there in a guilty silence.

“Tsk, what a wimp. Let’s go.”  

Lunch continued like any normal day and I was back in class, my thoughts taking over my senses.

I had been resting on my propped up hand looking at my step-peasant regretfully. Hyorin nudged me and I looked at her before I sighed and rested my head on my desk.

Why does Myungsoo make me feel so remorseful all the time?   

After what felt like a year, class was finally over and I packed up noticing that Myungsoo had already hurriedly left. I wondered if he was avoiding me and just the thought of that didn’t make me feel good.

“So are you catching the bus or going home with your hot step-dad again?” Hyorin asked. I came to a halt and eyed her up and down in disbelief.

“Um excuse me. Since when have you been checking out my step-dad? Yes I admit he is good-looking for his age, but he is my Appa, and you saying he is hot is weird.” I scolded when we continued walking.

“If only his son looked just as good.” Bora sighed with an agreeing Hyorin. 

We caught the bus right on time and of course we got the best seats. Since out of the three of us, my house is the last stop, I got the window seat.

The bus took off and I watched as it passed by my step-peasant who was riding on his bike. I felt sorry for him considering that he had a fair bit to ride. Here I go again with these shameful thoughts.

I sighed and slumped down in my seat.

***

“So how was school?” Umma asked kindly, as I sat down beside her for dinner.  

“Oh wait let me guess. ‘Okay’.” Appa quoted as he mocked me. I laughed for a second before remembering what Hyorin said. She totally spoiled the way I look at him now.

“And you darling?” She asked Myungsoo. Suddenly feeling nervous I started to chew faster.  

“The same.” He said simply. I glanced at him before taking another bite.

We continued eating as usual until I looked up catching my brother’s eyes, which made me choke on my food.

“I’m going to my room.” I announced as I tucked in my chair.

“Nah-uh young lady. You have to do the dishes. The both of you. It’s not fair that I have to all the housework while you two do nothing.” She nagged. Oh this is so unfair.

“Can’t we just take it in turns?” I suggested, trying to get out of doing the dishes with step-peasant.  

“Sure, it will only take longer though and you’ll have a bigger load. It’s fine by me.”  

“Fine. I’ll do as you said before.” I said through gritted teeth.    

“Good. You’re washing the dishes.” Umma smiled proudly. Okay now this is totally unfair. What’s going to happen to my poor soft hands?

Umma took care of the leftovers and helped Appa with his filing, leaving my step-peasant and I side by side washing the dishes at the sink.

We had a simple quiet routine: I washed and he dried.

It had been just over two minutes and I noticed that step-peasant kept glancing at me which didn’t bother me that much until he started staring.  

I felt small and nervous under his stare, so I cleared my throat and looked up at him.

“Can I help yo -”

“If I looked different, would you treat me better?” He interrupted with a question out of the blue. I put down the pot I was scrubbing and turned off the tap.

“What?” I asked in disbelief.  

“If I looked different, would you treat me better?” He repeated. I swallowed down my saliva and blinked several times at him. I couldn’t believe he would ask a question like that. Had I left that much of an impact on him?

I looked away and started washing the pot again. “Maybe.” I replied oddly. I was still trying to figure him out at this point. Why would he ask such a question?

“Then help me.”

 

I'm just wondering if you guys get the drift of my story (what it is about) from the poster, description and foreword? Please don't hesitate to let me know :) and OMG veiwers, subscribers upvoter, you have made my day (morning actually ^ ^)