Chapter 10

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 10

“Jinah~” Umma called sweetly. Couldn’t she see that my light was off because I was already tucked away in bed?

“Jinah!” Appa growled. That startled me alright. I burst out of my covers and ran to open my door. Appa and Umma stood before me with a stern presence. It made me feel like I was in for one of those serious talks.

“Yes?” I squeaked.

“Care to explain about the incident earlier?” They questioned. My mind was buzzing with all types of reactions, I couldn’t think straight. I stood staring blankly at them for a good five seconds before replying.

“Uh well, you see…” I trailed off into a sheepish laugh. Catching their unimpressed expressions I cleared my throat and stood up boldly.

“What did he mean by there’s nothing he hasn’t seen?” Umma asked suspiciously. I gulped and said the first thing that came to mind.

“Ah well you know hot blooded teenage boys these days.” I laughed. My parents looked at each other. I figured it was the most stupid response I have ever said.

“He watches ?!” They expressed outraged.

“No!” I defended strongly.

“Playboy magazines? Google images? Youtube?”Umma questioned. I just wished God gave me the strength I needed to resolve the issue.

“No! No! No! I know him well enough to know that he wouldn’t look up those types of things. We have an education, hello? We learn about all those bodily systems thingys about humans?” I tried to reason. By their expression’s I guessed they had calmed down.

They bought it, my lie. I’m glad they did. I was just thinking what if they didn’t believe me and I told them the truth. What would’ve happened I questioned. What if I didn’t push him away and kept going and our parents found out?  

 

Morning came and as usual, I got ready for school as well as Myungsoo. We were in the bathroom brushing our teeth. It was awkward. Remembering our happy mornings together, it made my heart hurt knowing that it won’t be like that ever again.

I missed him, I craved him. But I abandoned him, and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself for the tears in his eyes.     

I felt his eyes on me while I was brushing. I glanced at him meeting his eyes in our mirror reflection. I spat in the basin and turned to face him.

“About last night, I’m sorry for what I said about you knowing your place. I was too harsh.” I blurted sincerely. He flicked his hair and smirked as if what I said was amusing.

“Nice to show you still care about me.” He said as he adjusted his bangs. I gulped feeling nervous. I didn’t know how to respond; of course I cared about him I just don’t want him to know it.

He felt my eyes on him as my mind rehearsed my mega-ultra-super-comeback. So he turned to face me and stared down into my eyes as if he was trying to find something.

“I’m not going to believe that you don’t love me anymore.” He whispered as he placed his forehead on mine. Our connection was like a drug.  I had to close my eyes in pleasure as I took in his scent. I craved for his kiss, I desperately needed him right that moment otherwise I feared I would have a mental breakdown. I know dramatic huh? But that’s what it felt like.

“What are you two doing?” A deep male voice pierced our ears. I whipped around to face our Appa standing at the door in shock just like last night.

“Ummm nothing. We were trying to do that telepathy stuff. It didn’t work.” I pouted. Appa looked stunned and looked at the both of us without a word.

“Breakfast is ready.” He said slowly as if he was deciding to believe me or not. 

Let’s just say that breakfast was uncomfortable with the looks we copped from our parents. I think they may suspect that there is something going on. At school, Myungsoo and I kept our distance; I just don’t know how to react around him anymore. I don’t know what to do. 

As days past Myungsoo and I grew more distant, we actually didn’t have any interaction. Gosh, I don’t even know if I prefer it this way or being caught in the act. It’s hard.  

One night after I got back home from school the dinner table wasn’t set. I looked around and saw Myungsoo studying and our parents weren’t around but I could hear their voices coming from the study so I curiously listened in.

“What do you think?” Umma asked Appa who laughed in response.

“They’re kids yeobo. Don’t you think they are at that stage where they have given up tormenting each other and just want to bond as siblings? Don’t just jump to conclusions yeobo.” Appa replied.

“Your right, I’m sorry. It’s just you know, when I saw Jinah sleeping and saw Myungsoo kiss her forehead … it just made me think back  to those incidents in the bathroom and that rumor I heard that was going around their school..”

I immediately backed away from the door. Warning bells went off in my body Myungsoo kissed me without me knowing? That was it; I am going to be cold towards my step peasant now. Otherwise danger will be heading our way.

 

***

It’s just been over a week and I can’t cope. I‘ve just been flat out ignoring Myungsoo this whole time and I miss him. I’m ready to just screw this whole avoiding trouble and danger thing and just take him back and face the obstacles that will come our way.

It’s sad, some days I don’t even see him. Not only did my heart hurt but my head hurt and I felt sick, I felt dizzy… I was a total idiotic mess.

Being in that state I started to lash out at teachers and students at school, and I just couldn’t think for myself.

“Are you okay Jinah? You’re worrying us lately with all your mood swings. Come on we’ll take you to the nurse.” Bora offered.  

“No! I don’t need to g-” I dropped to the floor. I was completely out of it.   

 

“Jinah can you hear me?” The nurse’s voice echoed through my ears once again. I was in shock.

“What did you say?” I gasped as I clenched my skirt.

“Your just over 2 weeks pregnant.” She said again. Pregnant? PREGNANT?! I just burst into tears. Tears of grief, tears for the future, tears for joy, tears for love . . . tears of happiness. At that moment I made my decision about where my life is headed. 

Against our parents, against our friends, against the whole world I don’t care.  

I sprung up from the bed and ran down the corridor. I burst open the classroom door, barging right in ignoring the teacher’s yell.

I stormed right up to Myungsoo’s desk and slapped his cheek earning gasps from the whole class. The teacher was about to lose the plot with me until a classmate shushed her.

Myungsoo gasped as his head was forced to the side from my slap. My heart became my brain and I tugged his tie up and clashed my lips with his. I didn’t care that everyone was watching us I didn’t care about the consequences to follow. I only cared about having Myungsoo as my own as well as our precious miracle baby.  

He broke the kiss and looked at me confused. I gave him a loving smile as tears welled in my eyes. Myungsoo was beautiful, our child is so lucky to have the man I love as their father.

“We’re pregnant.” I announced smiling. His eyes beamed and he rose out of his seat. Gasps of pure disgust were heard from everyone in the classroom. He searched my eyes for a while before he cherished my cheek.

“! You Guys are pigs! Go kill yourselves! Leave! Go to hell!” The whole classroom discriminated against us and started to throw things at us as if we were nothing - as if we were trash. To them we were and they expressed that very well.

 This is what I feared. But I’m not afraid to face what comes next anymore. As long as Myungsoo is by my side, I could even be eaten alive.  

“Stop!” Myungsoo roared. It was no use, word got around and other students s out of their classrooms to join the commotion. I started to get scared when they physically harmed us and Myungsoo held my hand and together we ran out of school leaving behind the whole school that was our abusing mob.  

“What are going to do?” I shouted as I burst into heroic tears. Myungsoo took me in his embrace protectively.

“I don’t know Jinah I don’t know . . . Let’s go home yeah?” He suggested as he tried to calm me down as well as himself. I nodded and held his hand tightly.

Life isn’t going to be the same.

We arrived home and I stopped Myungsoo from walking inside.

“Myungsoo what are we going to tell our parents?!” I cried. He didn’t look me in the eyes at first but when he did, his face was red and his eyes were damp.

“The truth, we have to tell them.” He weakly said as his chin trembled. I nodded and he gave me an assuring nod as we entwined our fingers together.

“I’m always going to be by your side. Like I promised.”  He whispered before we walked in.