Chapter 6

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 6

This has to be some fairytale dream I’m having. If it is, I don’t want to wake up from it.

The only thing living in my world at the moment was only Myungsoo. The kitchen, the house, our parents, and school – all of it was gone and I felt like we were the only people on earth, staring in his beautiful eyes.

“Jinah~” Umma chimed. Myungsoo and I tore our eyes unwillingly from each other and nervously continued to wash the dishes.

“Yes?” I replied, as Umma came dancing in the kitchen with her iPod plugged in.

“I need you to help me pick out an outfit for tomorrow night’s formal gathering for your Appa’s work.” She let me know before she came over and squeezed Myungsoo’s cheeks.

“I trust you with the dishes, good boy. Follow me.” Umma instructed as she dragged me away. I turned back giving Myungsoo a slight hopeful smile.   

In the morning . . .

Argh, school again – the last thing I want to do this morning. I sulked as I rolled out of bed and staggered downstairs to eat breakfast.  I wish I had gone to bed earlier last night.

After I finished my breakfast I shuffled into the bathroom, only to see Myungsoo brushing his teeth. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing my teeth next to him as I avoided his eyes.

I glanced at him, an uncontrollable smile stretching on my face. He glanced at me so I looked away for a few seconds only to glance back at him again. He glanced at me again and instead of looking away, he kept his eyes and the both of us slightly smiled at each other and soon after started to chuckle.

“Myungsoo, which tie should I wear today?” Appa interrupted. Myungsoo tore his eyes away from me and spat into the basin before replying and washing up to get ready for school.

I pouted and my cheeks blushed like crazy. 

After I had gotten ready I headed out and took my road to school. I stopped myself in my tracks thinking to myself.

Normally I would storm up ahead of Myungsoo when clearly we go the same way. It’s normally lonely and quiet for me, so I wondered if it would be the same for him.  

Myungsoo brushed past me and I snapped myself out of my thoughts and shyly caught up with him by his side. 

He looked down at me curiously. “Oh?”

I looked up at him deciding to make up an excuse. “In case that-uh-those boys I mean men wait no I mean pigs come out again.” Aigoo how embarrassing, since when was I, Song Jinah, bad at lying? You could so tell it was a lie and so could he. 

“If you want to walk with me you could’ve said so.” He chuckled. I blushed seeing his bright face and looked ahead.  

We walked along our road to school in silence. I kept telling myself to say something but I didn’t know what to say.

I looked up at him, okay fine; I stared up at him in a daze. Feeling that I was staring at him he looked at me and expressed a warm smile. I gulped looking away as the butterflies in my stomach made themselves aware. 

Unintentionally, our hands brushed against one another and I just had the temptation to hold it. 

Oh-ma-gawwwdddd, okay think about something else besides the gorgeous creature besides you. Like that wooden pole. Okay to make that it obviously would’ve been a tree that got chopped down, that then got – 

I lost my train of thought as he locked our little finger together. Saying nothing, and glancing up to smile at each other once in a while, we carried on walking in a peaceful silence. 

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks, just as school was approaching. I looked back at him alarmed.

“You go ahead; it’s what we normally do. Otherwise me being besides you would somehow magically ruin your presence of a Queenka.” He said.

“Ah, right.” I replied plastering on a smile. I didn’t want to go ahead I wanted to be besides him. At least he thought of me though. I was kicking myself, remembering when one time I told him that breathing the same air as him, ruins my presence.

I walked into class seeing a mountain of pink cards and wrapped boxes. Isn’t that Myungsoo’s desk?

Myungsoo brushed past me and for a second, he froze when he saw the mountain on his desk. He walked over and rubbed the back of his neck not knowing what to do.

“Oh my gosh, how can the Dongwoo, forget that today is Valentine’s day!?” A boy dramatically expressed as he stood beside Myungsoo.

“It isn’t.” Myungsoo said simply as he picked up a letter and read it.

“Wait. So you mean to tell me that this is a yummy, mouthwatering, scrumptious, oh my gawd there’s my favorite chocolate, delicious, sweet pile of confessions?”

“I guess so.” Myungsoo said.  Dongwoo instantly gripped onto Myungsoo’s collar bringing him closer. 

“Let me take some sweets.” He expressed fast, with wide eyes. 

“Knock yourself out.” Myungsoo laughed.

“Food!” A bunch of seagulls screamed, as they bolted past me. Heh, Myungsoo letting his friends take presents that were meant for him = one proud Jinah.  On the other hand, girls liking and having the gut to confess to him = one unattractive Jinah.

I crossed my arms and stormed over to my desk, plopping down angrily in my seat.  I scoffed when I saw his admires peering from behind the window. I looked to see Bora debating whether she should confess or not. 

“Jinah, I don’t know what to do. I had been awful to him before. I want him to forgive me.” She pouted. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Myungsoo’s bare desk. Job well done, boys.

“Well sorry I can’t help you. Time is your solution now, stop staring at him and close that jaw, you look special.” I strictly said. I slumped in my seat glaring daggers ahead at me. 

***

“Jinah?” Hyorin called, snapping her fingers in front of my face. I found you. I tore my eyes from the rooftop and looked at my minions.

“I’ll catch you guys later yeah?” I said, scurrying away.  I quickly ran up to the roof seeing the back of a figure I was seeking.  

Myungsoo turned around surprised to see me.

“Jinah. What are you doing here?” He asked confused. I gulped and nervously walked over.

“Uh-um . . . Well I thought I needed some space to myself – away from my minions. And you? Where are your friends?” I asked.

“Song and dance practice.” He replied. I understandingly nodded and stood by him as we looked out seeing the view of the school and other buildings. I thought it was amazing, you could see everything.

“Jinah, are you involved with Chunji in anyway?” He asked out of the blue. I looked up at him, this time looking confused. He caught my look and sheepishly smiled.

“Uh it’s just that, I overheard Chunji’s fan girls planning something out, that’s why I told you to not take the route home. So I wanted to know how you’re involved with him.” He admitted. I was ready to break down some walls with my crowbar.  I was too caught up in my rising emotions that I had forgotten to answer.

“Are you screwing around with him?” Myungsoo asked concerned.  

“No! He’s not my cup of tea.” I shouted back. Myungsoo nodded and thought for a while.

“Ah, L.joe. Is there something going on between you two?” He asked.

“L.joe? Why him all of a sudden?” I asked outraged.

“Chunji’s fangirls, or whatever you want to call them, has ‘shipped; them together. So I suppose they think your ruining it. Weird right, who would want to pair two boys together?” I fell quiet for a second. hehe me... *cough* Jongkey *cough*. 

“So?” I asked not getting the question he was trying to ask.

“So, is there something going on between L.joe and you?” He asked me as if it was a hard question. 

“No~” I replied softly. From my tone, suspicion tormented Myungsoo and he raised his eyebrows.

“Ani, it isn’t what you’re thinking I don’t like L.joe. I mean, L.joe is my cup of tea I must admit, but no, nothing is going on.” I assured. Myungsoo studied me nodding his head slowly. I sighed and crossed my arms.

“Just let me explain, Chunji . . . he confessed his love to me so I guess his admirers found out.” I admitted.

“Ah, right.” Myungsoo dragged out with a relieved smile.  

“So about this L.joe -”

“Ah are you jealous?” I teased cutting him off. My laugh died down when he straightforwardly replied with:

“Yes.” My face fell and I tuned to look at him. Instantly I became nervous, my heart beating rapidly in response. His eyes were so serious and stern it made me clear my throat and look away.

“But I won’t ever come to like him in that way.” I quickly replied nervously.  I just wanted Myungsoo to say something, the silence was killing me. The bell soared through the silence and I forced myself to face him with a cheerful smile.

“Well then, I’ll see you in class.”  

After school . . .

Surprise! Guess who came and picked us up after school? Appa!  Remind me to throw Hyorin in a bush next time.  

Dinner was served on the table when we got home and Umma headed out into the car, which Appa stayed in after dropping us off. She told us to take care and to not fight.  

So, there we were, the both of us sitting across from each other as he silently nibbled on our food.  

“So how was your day?” Myungsoo asked breaking the ice. I gulped down my food.

“The same . . . and yours?” I asked to be polite.

“Okay I guess…”  And then we were back to the awkward silence. I looked across the table looking at Myungsoo as he perfectly ate. The memory of the breakfast he made for me popped up in my head.

“Thank you, for making me breakfast that morning. It was delicious.” I thanked. He looked up swallowing his food and smiled brightly.

“Heh, no problem, anytime.”

“Really!? Thank you!” I expressed letting my emotions take over. He looked taken aback at my reaction before he chuckled.

“Ah that reminds me, I can’t believe you called me smelly again. It’s so cheesy.” I pointed out before I took a sip of water. I almost chocked when I remembered something as I caught sight of his phone on the other end of the table.   

“Ah that’s right! Can I see that photo you took of me?” I asked. He shook his head stubbornly and poked out his tongue. I scoffed and unexpectedly dived to the end of the table to grab his phone. I was too late, he grabbed it before me.

“Yah! Give it here! Delete it!” I shouted as I tried to grab it off him.

“No what’s mine is mine!”  

“It’s wrong to take a picture of someone without them knowing!” I stated as I jumped up while he held his arm up high. I jumped up again only to land closely against his chest. 

We locked eyes and I told myself to stop staring back. I took this moment as an opportunity and snatched away his phone off of him.

“Aha! I’m going to delete it!” I evilly laughed. He attempted to get it back but I turned my back to him.  

“Yah give it back!” He ordered raising his voice. I ignored him and clicked on the power button.

My body suddenly froze as I saw his screen saver.

“Myungsoo.” I gasped. I saw me sleeping peacefully on that particular night with my step-peasant next to me holding up the peace sign. He snatched the phone off me, his face bright red.

“Myungsoo.” I repeated again confused. He turned his back to me and started to clear the table up. I was . . . gargh there’s not an exact word to describe how I felt; I was all over the place.  

“Are you going to stand there or help with the dishes?” He asked. I gulped and nervously stood beside him.  

As I went to pick up a tea towel I accidently knocked over the detergent bottle. I picked it up with a little squeeze and a small bubble floats out.

I smiled to myself and squeezed some more, creating bubbles.

“Hey look Myungsoo!” I say like a little kid. He noticed the bubbles and he stared emotionless at me who carried on squeezing the bottle, running around the kitchen like a little kid.  

“I need that.” He said as he nicked it off of me. I pouted and stood beside him again.

“Bleh!” Myungsoo expressed in disgust. I turned to see him wiping his lips. I laughed noticing a detergent bubble popped on his mouth and so I laughed.

“It’s not funny!” He stated as he shooed bubbles away over to me. A bubble popped on the tip of my nose and my eyes widened. My skin!

“Yah! Don’t do that!” I half yelled. He flicked some detergent foam at me. Oh you just wait Kim Myungsoo.

I glared at him twitching my jaw.

I stuck my finger under the running tap, making it squirt in his face. It was my turn to laugh and feel proud of myself. Myungsoo scoffed and picked up an egg that was nearby. My eyes scram alert.

“You wouldn’t dare!” I warned. He shrugged his shoulders with a ‘try me’ expression. I took one step back as he went to knock it on my head.

Few seconds later, there was me gripping on his arms to hold him back while he was trying to do the opposite. 

“Earn your payback!”

“Never!” I argued struggling. We suddenly burst out in laughter when we saw each other’s struggling faces. He set the egg on the bench to the side of him.

Our laughter died down and we were left still standing close to one another. Fast heartbeats drummed in my ears and the butterflies in my stomach made themselves noticed.

He cupped both my cheeks, leaning in getting closer and closer to my lips. I brought myself out of my daze and turned my head to the side. My heart sank in pain and my chin trembled. How I longed to be close to him like this, but we can’t, I can’t do this to our parents who love each other dearly.

“It’s a sin if we do this – we’re siblings.” I informed about to cry. I removed his gentle hands from my face and walked past him, only to be stopped in my tracks. He came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head in the crook of my neck. Tears welled in my eyes.

I couldn’t focus, all that was going through my head was the fact that this was wrong and we shouldn’t be doing this, it’s forbidden. And it pains my heart to know so.  I closed my eyes guiltily and regretfully, a tear bolting down my cheeks as I tugged out of his embrace and went upstairs.

“Jinah!” Myungsoo desperately called. I bit my lip and lay on my bed in my dark room in tears. In a blink of an eye Myungsoo was by the door.

“Jinah.” He repeated sweetly. I turned my head away, not bearing to see him.  

“It hurts, you know? Knowing that we can never be.” I sniffled sitting up before continuing. “And it breaks my heart because I love you so much. I don’t know what to do anymore.” I wept.

“If we love each other it shouldn’t matter right?” He asked as he sat beside me on my bed.

“Loving each other is out of the question. It matters, Myungsoo, we are brother and sister!” I expressed looking at him. He sighed and shook his head.   

“No, Jinah, we’re siblings by paper not by blood.” He pointed out as he searched my eyes.

“So what do you suppose we do?” I asked in barely a whisper. I couldn’t help but feel weak. He sighed and placed his hands on my shoulders.  

“Listen, I love you and I always want to be around you. Not as a brother but as a man who desperately loves you. Our parents . . . honestly I’ve got no idea what to do, but I know my love for you is real and eternal. No matter how many times I told myself to give these feelings up for you because our parents are married, they never did go away. I’m not scared anymore like I was before to love you. Being on this earth at the same time at the same place is a miracle plan from above. You are a blessing sent down to me, we were meant to love each other, I know it.” He explained, holding back his tears.

“You say this love for one another is a sin? Love, Jinah, is the most purest form of truth, of happiness, of goodness… of heaven.” He whispered. I slowly looked at him, my heart just bursting with love that I kept contained. I couldn’t cope so I completely let go, and gave into my feelings.

decorative_line%201.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CA 

Sorry I havn't updated in half a century -_-. Honestly I had finished typing it up, I just had to read over it to correct it but I have been so busy with a chest infection and long formal nights for school  :(  

Oh and Omg, okay you probs don't care but, I was sitting on the couch and I saw one of my brother's  (Yes I have more than one brother - If you know of a place where I can donate one and get a sister please let me know ^.^ just joking) glasses case that he wears occasionally so I opened it and printed all over the cloth was the word 'Hoya'. O___O I'm still not over it.