Chapter 13

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 13

It was eleven o’clock pm and I had just settled in my room that was on the bottom floor of the dorm building. The bottom floor was appointed to special visitors and teachers that lived far away from the school.

I desperately craved food which was the only thing on my mind. I poked my head out of the door checking for signs to lead me to a kitchen or even a vending machine. I had no luck though.

Seriously where can I get food around here? I haven't eaten all day.... 
 

I closed the door behind me sneaking out to the main building, and then I scurried over to the kitchen. 

I opened the fridge and begun to eagerly tuck anything I could get my hands on under my arms, and then I peeled open a chocolate bar stuffing it in my mouth, before grabbing some more food products.

 

Unable to carry any more food, I closed the fridge door with an elbow and used my bottom to properly seal it shut.

However a sudden dark shadow casted over me. I knew I was not alone. I slowly turned to meet the boy standing next to me. Myungsoo

My mouth absentmindedly hung open, my chocolate bar dropping to the floor. Aish! What am I supposed to do now?  

Myungsoo’s eyes trailed after my chocolate bar then he looked at me with a blank expression.

“Uh, Annyeonghaseyo.” He quietly greeted bowing. I didn’t even react; instead I was just left standing there blinking nonstop.  

“Ah, neh.” I bowed, food products dropping to the floor. I clenched my eyes shut biting my lip before he bent down and picked the items I dropped up.

The moonlight glistened on his wet eyes. My heart sank.

“Yah, are you okay?” I worriedly asked, reaching out my hand to caress his face. I stopped my hand remembering that I appeared as a teacher to him.

He sniffled and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

“Then…” He whispered bowing good-bye. He placed the food items on the bench, before he turned around and walked a few steps away.

“Wait!” I called after him. He stopped and turned around to look at me.

Thump, thump, thump, thump. My heart was pulsing in my chest as I met his eyes.

“Ah, what are you doing in here this time of night?” I stuttered trying to sound like a professional adult. He looked me up and down.

“I could ask the same thing . . . but I already know the answer.” He said. I gulped as he clucked his tongue as he tilted his head eyeing me. Why. Does. He. Have. To. Be. So. Hot?!

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I questioned. He smirked and turned around. I didn’t want him to leave me. I wanted him to stay.  

“Yah! You didn’t answer my question.” I yelled. He glanced over his shoulder.

“Just . . . taking a walk.” He replied before leaving me. I stared after his figure until I couldn’t see him anymore.

***

One successful month of playing teacher had past. Myungsoo hadn’t suspected anything I assumed. After that night a month ago we only saw each other in class. 

He always kept his head down. Like he was tired or bored. I always sat at my desk and studied him every day, wanting to know if he was hurting, if he longed for me, or what he was thinking.

However that one student, who was suspicious of me on the first day, caught me every time I would stare at Myungsoo. Even other students would whisper to each other and even nudge him. Though he always shrugged them of and coldly glanced at me before he would rest his head on his desk.  

“Yah, they still haven’t found that girl who went missing.” I heard a student say. My head shot in the student’s direction.

“Which one?” Another asked.

“Aish who else? That beautiful one, my ideal girl, Song Jinah.” He argued. I held my breath laughing inside. I caught my eye on Myungsoo who shot up and stared in their direction.

“Ah yeah her. Rumor has it she ran away because her brother tried to her.” The other student replied. I scoffed, my body getting hot with fury. Myungsoo instantly shot out of his seat as he clenched his fists.

“Kim L sit down!” I yelled. I wanted to yell out that it was okay and to prove the students wrong. His face turned red as he breathed heavily eyeing them off.

“Kim L, sit down now.” I sternly instructed. He looked at me and slumped back down in his seat. The students questioned what was wrong with him amongst one-another.    

The boys went off to gym class, and for some reason I walked over to Myungsoo’s desk and had a look at his work. 

Some questions were left unanswered and there were drawings and messages about me on the sides of his pages. My eyes then rested on newspaper articles that hung out from a text book.

Curiously, I took them out and saw articles of me he had collected.

My vision blurred as my eyes began to water, clasping my mouth with a hand.

“Myungsoo . . . Oh dear Myungsoo . . . I’m sorry.” I cried to myself.  

 

“Teacher is there something going on between L and you?” I was asked in the middle of class. My eyes widened and I saw Myungsoo just blankly look at me.

“Impossible. Why would you ask such a thing?” I argued, trying to stand up for myself. The boys looked at each other.

“Truthfully, some of us walked passed and we saw you going through L’s desk. Plus we always see you eyeing him.” A student replied. I gulped and quickly looked at Myungsoo whose expression I couldn’t make out.

“And we’ve caught Myungsoo at times eye you off too.” The boys snickered. My eyes widened and I looked at Myungsoo who gulped and shyly looked away from me.

What is this? Does Myungsoo suspect something? 

The boys started making a commotion about Myungsoo and I stealing looks at each other. Myungsoo banged his fist on the desk earning everyone’s attention.  

“Aish! Really! Please nothing is going on!” He yelled and sat back down. I tore my stunned eyes off him and announced that we’ll move on with the lesson.

“Teach, you’ve gained weight have you?” A student purposely tried to embarrass me as I walked around the room.

“No I haven’t, don’t be rude. It’s just my jumper is oversized. You haven’t even answered the first question yet. Hurry and get your work done.” I told him off, peering over his shoulder. I pulled up my glasses and secured my wig.

“Pft oversized jumper? Ay Teach, you don’t have to be embarrassed.” He laughed. I cleared my throat.

“Yah! I told you it wasn’t like that.” I growled still managing to sound like an ‘old hag’.  He suddenly shot out his hand putting it on my stomach. I did try to avoid it by hunching over but it failed and my thick lensed glasses fell on the floor. But by trying to avoid his hand it made him accidently feel my stomach.

His smile faded and he looked up at me. I in my breath frozen stiff  . . . Sh*t he knows I’m pregnant. . .

“T-teach.” He stuttered. I timidly took his hand off my stomach. I glanced shyly at the boys who were all tormented by curiosity as they all peered around to look at me.

“What? What is it?” They all seemed to ask. The boy studied my face processing everything that happened.

“She’s pregnant.” He slowly said, still in shock. Gasps flooded the room as students all looked at each other shocked.

I felt like I was going to cry so I blinked back my tears that blurred my eyes. I looked desperately around for my glasses.

A boy picked them up and handed them to me.

“Oh? You look really young.” He stated. I just wanted to shoot myself.  

“Oh he’s right! How old are you?” The boys at the desks close by asked.

Keeping my head down, I put my glasses on shaking like I had a tremor. I felt like I was in an unescapable little hole, feeling exposed as the boys caved over me with a dark shadow.  

“I-I-I.” I couldn’t speak for myself. It was like someone was squeezing my voice box.  

“Explain it to us so we can understand.” A student asked of me. I breathed heavily, by body still frozen.

“Ani, she doesn’t have to. Think about it. The first day she eyed off L the second she saw him. Then something must have happened because like two weeks after L started to constantly steal looks at her. Now we find out she’s pregnant…” He trailed off, as if though he figured the situation out.  

“Shut up! Just shut up! Stop thinking you guys have figured everything out. Okay it’s not true, I don’t even know her. I know nothing about her.” He yelled. I looked at him and gulped plastering on a fake smile.

“Yes don’t misunderstand things. It’s my job as a teacher to keep a close eye on everyone, especially the new students. Let’s move on with our lesson.” I said, trying to sound positive.

 

A week had past and everyday walking down the school’s hallways I always had boys whispering as I walked past. They would whisper rumors about ‘L’ and I having an affair. I always wondered what Myungsoo would be thinking about it.

Myungsoo also got teased to. Why does he have to put up with this?

After lunch, I decided that my students should have a library period. Simply because I wasn’t in a good mood for teaching and I thought the boys could just have some quiet reading, or studying time to themselves.

I decided to weave through the bookcases looking for nothing in particular. I turned into an isle that was at the back corner of the library. Oh look it’s the romance section!

I never ever dared to read anything. But, occasionally when no one was looking, I’d sneak to read a few romance novels. It’s like my guilty little secret that I’ll take to the grave.  

As I was reading a blurb, I heard footsteps coming so I put the book back. Turning in was Myungsoo who froze the second he saw me. He rolled his eyes and turned around to retreat. I saw that his blazer was painted with the words ‘L <3 The Old Hag’.

“Wait!” I called after him. He turned around and looked at me coldly. 

“On your blazer . . . there’s-”

“Ah, L heart The Old Hag?” He cut me off. It sounded as if he found it amusing or like he was mocking me.

He stared directly into my eyes for a couple of seconds before walking closer to me. I walked back until I bumped up against the bookshelf. 

He caved me in, placing two hands on the bookshelf either side of me. I held my breath under his cold stare. Myungsoo~ what are you doing?!

“You do realize you’re the reason why this mess started! Can’t you speak up for yourself?! Why are you doing this to me? Do you like me? Love me? Since the rumor has spread about us having an affair, why don’t we make the rumor real? If we have a one night stand will you back off? That’s how you got pregnant isn’t it, seems to be a hobby- ”   

I slapped him. Hard. Tears welled in my eyes. How could he say such a thing?!

In an instant his lips were on mine kissing me forcefully and aggressively. No! No! NOO! What are you doing Myungsoo? You’re cheating on me with me!

I tried to push him away but he gripped onto my wrists, kissing me harder as he brought them together and trapped them between my chest and his, before wrapping his arms around me. He pushed me into him, my neck was hurting and so was my heart.

He broke the kiss. Almost as if he realized what he was doing was wrong. “You. What have you done to me?” He questioned, before slamming his lips against mine again.  

decorative_line%201.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CA 

Yay I finally finished the chapter! I kept changing this over and over again. Thank you guys so much for reading and subscribing! I'll try upoload chapters as frequently as possible!