Capter 8

Forbidden essence of the Heart

Chapter 8

“Jinah, why aren’t you answering me? Where were you last night?” Hyorin questioned alarmed. I mentally panicked. I couldn’t tell her the truth, God knows what she’ll think of me.

“Hyorin it isn’t what you think. I was at home.” I tried to cover for myself. She crossed her arms unpleased.

“I know perfectly well what that is – I’ve seen my Unni when she comes home in the morning. So who’s the guy?”  She questioned in a quiet voice. I mentally wailed like a wounded seal in frustration. I had no Idea what to say.

“Um…. Uh – just…” Sensing my hesitation, Hyorin widened her eyes and lightly smacked me.

“Ow~” I expressed.

“Aigoo how devastating. You don’t even remember your first.” Hyorin pitied. I smiled sheepishly and carried on walking back to class. That was a relief.

I hid my loving smile, as I saw Myungsoo with his head on the desk. What an angel.

I sat beside Bora who was scribbling Myungsoo’s name down in her note book. Tsk this girl.   I looked cautiously at Hyorin who made her away to Myungsoo.

She placed her hands on his shoulders and started to massage them. He tiredly lifted up his head in surprise.

I gripped the sides of my desk ready to grow very sharp horns from my head.

“Poor darling, I guess Jinah kept you up all night with that guy she brought over.” Hyorin cooed. Myungsoo turned to look at her with a confused expression.

“Hm? She didn’t bring anyone home; it was just the two of us.” He slowly said. Hyorin took back her hands with a baffled expression. My eyebrows rose. Oh no, Ooooh no, here comes trouble.

“Oh? Oh, okay then. Sorry to bother you.” She said very detached. She stiffly walked to her desk beside me and furrowed her eyebrows in thought.  

“Jinah. Answer me truthfully. Was it just you and your brother last night?” She asked not keeping eye contact.

“Yeah, I mean… No. He was out with his uh –“

“Don’t lie to me Song Jinah!” She shouted making everyone turn heads. I was taken aback and I felt my chin tremble.

Bora was looking at me suspiciously which made my heart completely sink.

“I-I-I –“ I was cut off by Hyorin’s sigh.

“Jinah how could you, he is your brother!” She exclaimed so only we could hear.

“I love him, I always have.” I confessed ready to burst into tears.

“Bwoh?!” Bora shouted. Hyorin leaned over and cupped Bora’s mouth.

“Yah keep your voice down.” She instructed before sitting down.   

“Break it off. It’s the best thing for the both of you. This is just a phase Jinah, you’re just overwhelmed at the idea of living with a boy. Break it off mm?” 

I shook my head in denial.

“From what I’ve been through and our circumstances, you’d think I would have given up any potential feelings for him. But I haven’t, I love him.” I confessed desperately.  

“Jinah, stop being delusional! Break it off immediately. Just face the reality that you aren’t meant to be. Look I’m not for the idea of you being in a relationship with your brother, but I won’t tell anyone. Just break it off immediately.” She sternly ordered. I sulked and lay my head down on my desk.  

Can’t you see Hyorin? It’s hard for me, who is oh so in love with Myungsoo, to just suddenly end what we have and to throw it all away. It’s not possible, I’ve hurt myself before – I don’t want to do it again. It’s not fair and I wouldn’t cope.

School ended with a surrounding aura that was dull. I thought that no matter what, Hyorin out of both her and Bora would be the one that would stand by me no matter what. I guess I overthought it. I still love her though; everyone needs a bubbly girl in their life. I’m just disappointed.  

I jumped in shock when Myungsoo stood beside me as I was walking with my head in the clouds on the way home.

“Argh you scared me!” I yelled. He stepped back cupping his ears and pouted.

“You don’t have to scream.” He pointed out. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You don’t have to tell me what to do.” I retorted and stormed ahead. I didn’t like to be told what to do, it really offends me.  

“I know you love me!” He screamed. My eyes widened as I looked around my surroundings, we were still close to school. What if someone heard? Does he even have common sense in that Einstein brain of his?

“Don’t say things like that in public!” I nagged. He smirked and rolled his eyes.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me.” I said as he approached me. He scoffed.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” He retorted. I looked at him in disbelief.

“Don’t be smart with me.”  I said offended. His jaw dropped.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” He replied sternly.

“You don’t tell me what to do.”  

“Yah, there you go again telling me what not to –“

“Okay kids break it up! Look whose come to pick you up.” Appa’s voice interrupted. We looked at Appa who sat like he was the jolliest man in the universe.

“Why the long faces? Come on get in.” He instructed. I gave my step-peasant a sarcastic smile and nudged his shoulder as I walked past him. Today I will be in the passenger seat at the front mwahahaha.

You see Appa took Onew (one of his younger employees), around in the car and let’s just say the seat at the back isn’t the same. It’s just very uncomfortable; I think the seat may be broken. And when you sit for a long time you can feel something tickle your ankles.  

As I was about to open the door I was pushed aside by my step-peasant. I gasped and pushed him aside.

Appa rolled his eyes and leant over to open the door.

I immediately tried to plummet down on the seat but I was too late, Myungsoo was faster. So there I was sitting across his lap.

“If you don’t get off, I’ll force you two to close the door and sit like that. Have some brother sister bonding.” Appa teased. Well I actually wouldn’t mind the offer but I unwillingly hopped off. I suddenly began to miss being close to him, to feel his warmth and love. To have someone love you is just a miracle, it’s a blessing. Only thing is, I know now that my closest friend is against it.

I got in the car and stared out the window as we drove home. I was in a daze just questioning if what happened last night was real. It was so special but it felt like it was a dream because it was just a spectacular moment in my life, such a moment that revealed that yeah, someone loves me, treasures me and adores me. I couldn’t ask for anything more than having a person like that by my side.  

“Ow!” I expressed when I felt a sharp pain on my ankle. I bent down and saw something green. What on earth is this?

I cautiously picked the object up and let it go straight out of my hands when I realized what it was.

“Appa why do we have a little Turtle in our car?!” I asked outraged. Myungsoo laughed when he saw my face, earning a look from Appa.

“Ah, that’s where it went.” Appa laughed in reply. “It’s an employee’s of mine, Yesung.” He stated. And here I was blaming Onew when all along it was Yesung’s turtle. But deep down I just know that Onew probably had something to do with it.

***

“Jinah, your brother has to help your Appa to fix the seat. You’ll be doing the dishes alone tonight.” Umma announced. I sighed at the more work I had to do. 

Before Appa came to pick us up they had over some colleagues, so I had an even bigger load. I challenged myself to get all the dishes done in half an hour but, it has been just over an hour so I’ve failed a personal challenge.

I was startled when two strong arms wrapped around my shoulders and a kiss was planted on my cheek. I shrugged my step-peasant off.

“Yah, our parents will see.” I growled.  

“Oh we saw.” Umma’s voice cut through our secluded air. We turned alertly around to face our parents. We looked at each other with fright coating our eyes.

“Umma, A-appa. I can e-explain.” I stuttered as I clenched my fingers together.  Our parents looked at each other and expressed a warm smile when they looked at us.

“You don’t have to. I’m so glad you two are finally getting along. I never thought this day would come.” Umma said as she fanned herself. Myungsoo and I both heaved a sigh of relief.

“I knew we could all make on loving family.” Umma exclaimed proud of herself. I pasted on a smile thinking how lucky we were to of had escaped what could have been a nightmare.

In the morning…

“So are we going to walk to school together now?” Myungsoo asked coming up from behind me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him with a bored expression. He sighed and pouted.

“Fine. Be that way. I know when I’m not wanted. I’m really starting to question if all this time you were just toying with me.” He said annoyed as he stormed past me. My lips slightly parted and my heart felt like it was being squeezed. I didn’t want him to have that impression. I never meant for him to think like that, I was just being how I normally am.

I raced forward and hugged his back. “Don’t you ever dare say that again!” I harshly spoke as I squeezed him. He cupped the top of my entwined hands and pulled them off of him, as he turned around to embrace me. I closed my eyes in peace as I rested my head against his firm chest.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.  I leaned my head back and gazed up at him telling him that I loved him.

We carried walking closely together on our way to school.

As soon as I stepped one foot in, it was as if the lights on a stage closed off into one spot light. Wherever I walked that spotlight would follow.

I played with my hair feeling comfortable as I realized that people were gossiping about me. I hadn’t done anything to be ashamed about so I was scared and confused.

I walked over to my desk, the whole classroom quieted down. I plopped down in my seat realizing the stained lines of ink engraved on my desk.

“”, “”, “Go to hell!”, “Greedy, selfish cow!”, “You b****!”, “You disgust me”, “! ! !, “ Leave him alone”,  “Break up you pig!” . . . etc….

My vision became blurry as tears formed in my eyes. Don’t tell me people found out, I don’t want hear it. But I can see it and it breaks my heart that just bursts with endless love for the boy who just entered the room.  The question running through my mind was how. How on earth did they find out? Hyorin said she wouldn’t tell anyone . . . did she betray me?

Now the whole school knows me as a disgusting greedy who has committed . What on Earth is going to happen to me? I’m scared for my future, our future. I don’t want to part.

decorative_line%201.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CA 

Okay This chapter wasn't written as well as my other ones, I deeply apologize because it was boring buuttt.... I have a reason, I wrote it in just under 40 minutes becasue I just wanted to say to everyone that watches X factor Australia.... ASDFGHJKL Dami Im won YYAAAAYYY!!!!!! In case you don't  know who she is she is a south korean woman who  migrated over to Australia and went on X factor and won (she is blooming amazing). I'm happy :)