4

"Bestfriends"

---Woohyun's POV---

"OPPA!" A familar voice yelled into the classroom. I looked up and as I expected, my clingy girlfriend is already at the door skipping towards me. "Hey." I flashed a smile and she leaned down towards my table, with her unbottoned top buttons, obviously showing me her cleavage. "Are you done?" She battered her eyelash and smiled seductively. What's wrong with her today? Hormones outrage? "Eunjung, you don't have to wait for me today. I'm having detention, so go home without me." I said as I flung my bag over my shoulder. "It's okay! I can stay with you!" She beamed. "No, go home, you have a test tomorrow, remember?" I smiled. "YOU REMEMBERED?! Oppa! You're such a sweet boyfriend!" She exclaimed, eyeing the rest of my classmates, obviously trying to let all of them know that I'm hers. "Yes, I do." Of course I do, she have been nagging about it since last week. How could I not remember it? "Well, then I'll be off then. Bye oppa!" She beamed. "Bye." I waved. 

"Woah, you sure have a clingy girlfriend." Myungsoo scoffed as he caught up with me. "I know right." I groaned. "Oh, Hani just texted me saying that she's going to have detention. You'll walk home with her after detention right?" He raised a brow. "Of course I will." I beamed and waved when he went off with Sungyeol. Someone suddenly bump into me as I was walking towards the discipline master's room and all his papers went flying around the floor. "I'm sorry!" He apologised and bend down to pick up his papers. "It's okay, just be more careful next time." I said as I bend down to help him pick up the papers. "Lee.. Howon." I read the profile name on the piece of paper I was holding. I stack the papers nicely and passed it to him with a smile. "Th-thank you." He smiled back, taking the papers back from me. "Are you new here?" I asked. "Yea, I came here today to do the paperwork and I'll officially start school tomorrow." He replied. "Well, I'm Nam Woohyun." I flashed a smile and held out my hand. "My name is Lee Howon, but I preferred to be called Hoya." He took my hand and gave a firm shake. "Friends?" I raised a brow. "Friends." He smiled. Then I suddenly remembered that I have detention. "Crap. I've got detention, got to go now! See you around!" I waved and quickly ran off. 

I knocked a few times on the door before the discipline master, Mr Jin, told me to go in. "Anyeonghaseyo, sorry I'm late." I bowed as I entered. Hani was already in the room, staring at me with agape. "Don't be late next time." He mumbled as he looked through his thick file of papers. "Kim Hani, it's your first time in detention." He said and looked up from the top of his spectacles at Hani. "Yes sir, this is my first time being in detention." She replied softly. "Well, then Woohyun will guide you along then. You're supposed to go clean the sports logistic room." He said. "Do you guys know where is it?" He asked and we nodded in sync. "Good, leave your bags here and off you go." He said and buried himself back into the paperwork. I left my bag on the corner of the floor and Hani did the same before following me out of the room. "Why are you here?" We asked each other at the same time. "You say first." The both of us say at the same time. "No, you say first!" The both of us say again at the same time. We stared at each other for a while before I broke the silence. "Fine, I'm here because I used my phone in class and I got caught." I shrugged. "You used your phone in class?" Hani rolled her eyes. "Why are you here then?!" I asked. "I forgot to do my homework." She muttered as she played with her fingers. "You'll never forget to do them, so why so sudden?" I asked. "It's nothing." She replied. "Let's go then." I held her hand but she pulled away. "What's wrong?" I asked. "N-nothing. I can walk on my own." She said as she walked towards the janitor's. She would always let me hold her hand since young, and that have already been a habit. Why is she acting this way?

 

---Hani's POV---

"Anyeonghaseyo." I bowed as I entered the discipline master's room. "Hani?" He lifted his head to look at me. "Yes." I smiled and we heard a few knocks on the door. Mr Jin asked the person to come in and the door opened revealing Hyunie. "Anyeonghaseyo, sorry I'm late." He bowed as he enter. He's not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be avoiding him and now he's here? "Don't be late next time." Mr Jin mumbled as he looked through his thick file of papers. "Kim Hani, it's your first time in detention." He said and looked up from the top of his spectacles at me. "Yes sir, this is my first time being in detention." I replied softly. "Well, then Woohyun will guide you along then. You're supposed to go clean the sports logistic room." He said. "Do you guys know where is it?" He asked and we nodded in sync. "Good, leave your bags here and off you go." He said and buried himself back into the paperwork. Hyunie left his bag on the corner of the floor and I did the same before following him out of the room. "Why are you here?" We asked each other at the same time. "You say first." The both of us say at the same time. "No, you say first!" The both of us say again at the same time. We stared at each other for a while before he broke the silence. "Fine, I'm here because I used my phone in class and I got caught." He shrugged. "You used your phone in class?" I rolled my eyes. He'd never do such a stupid thing. "Why are you here then?!" He asked. "I forgot to do my homework." I muttered as I played with my fingers. How can I tell you that you're stuck in my mind for the whole night that I forgotten all about my homework? "You'll never forget to do them, so why so sudden?" He asked. "It's nothing." I replied. "Let's go then." He held my hand but I quickly pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked. "N-nothing. I can walk on my own." I said as I walked towards the janitor's. It have always been a habit to let him hold my hands, but he already have a girlfriend. What if Eunjung see him holding my hand? Wouldn't she be upset? And if she's upset, Hyunie would be upset too.. We should stop this habit, for Hyunie. 

"Anyeonghaseyo, we're here to collect pails and rags to clean up the sport's logistic room." I said and the janitor handed us those items we needed. "Thank you." I bowed and turned to walk towards the logistic room but Hyunie took the pails away from me. "I can take them." I said as I caught up with him, trying to take the pails back. "I'm the guy, I should carry them." He flashed a smile and continued walking. 

(Flashback)

"Thank you!" I beamed as I took over the books from the librarian. I brought the books over to the machine and started scanning them. "Done?!" Hyunie tapped my shoulders from behind suddenly. "You scared me!" I smacked his chest and he stuck out his tongue at me. I stack up my books properly and carried them, turning to face him. "Let's go!" I beamed and walked towards the exit but he suddenly grabbed the books away from my arms. "Ya!" I yelled, running after him. "I'm the guy, I should carry them." He flashed a smile and continued walking.

(End of flashback)

"Aren't you coming?" Hyunie turned back to look at me, snapping off my thoughts. "Coming." I said and caught up with him. "You'll clean the basketballs, and I'll clean the windows, okay?" He said as he rinsed the rags and gave them to me before drying them. "Okay." I said as I sat down on the floor and started cleaning the basketballs one by one. "Why have you been avoiding me?" He suddenly ask and I froze. "I did not." I said as I continued wiping. "You did." He said. "NOT." I raised my voice, hoping he will stop pressing me. "Then why haven't I seen you around recently?" He said, I thought I felt hurt and disappointment in his voice. "I'm just busy recently." I lied. "Stop lying." Crap, he always know when I'm lying. "I did not." I said but I know that he's not going to let this go. "What happened?" He asked as he climbed down the ladder. "N-nothing." I stuttered, hoping he will stop asking me questions. "Fine. I'll go change my pail of water." He replied coldly and went out of the room. I stood up, wanting to go after him to apologise for lying but Eunjung's words came into my mind. "And the fact that you 2 are close bothers me.." I stopped in my tracks and sighed. "It's for your happiness, Hyun, my bestfriend." I muttered. 

He still wasn't back after I'm done with the basketballs so I decided to help him clean the windows. I climbed the ladder clumsily and heaved a sigh when i finally reached the top. I started cleaning those that he didn't clean properly, he must have been distracted while talking to me. "YA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!" Hyunie yelled, I jumped in surprise and the ladder started to topple. I lost my footing and started to fall, I closed my eyes tight, waiting for the pain to come. "Are you okay?" Hyunie groaned from under me. I immediately opened my eyes and realised that my head was on his chest. "Sorry.." I muttered and quickly got up. He slowly got up and placed his hands on my shoulder, looking at my body from head to toe, from left to right, from front to back. "What are you doing?" I widened my eyes. "Do you feel pain anywhere?" He asked as he looked into my eyes full of worry. "N-no." I said, avoiding his eyes. "Good." He replied, and turned away to pick up the ladder.

"Hyunie oppa! You're bleeding!" I quickly went to him and held up his arm. "It's nothing." He smiled and ruffled my hair. "There should be a first aid kit somewhere.." I looked around the room and finally found it. "Sit down." I said as I pushed him down lightly. He obeyed and watched as I took out some gauze and antiseptic lotion. "It'll hurt a bit." I said and gently dap onto his wound. As I dap, I looked up at him, he didn't flinch but was just watching me. "Stop watching me." I said as I continued focussing on the wound. "Is it because of Eunjung?" He said and I froze. "It's her, isn't it?" He frowned. "I just felt like you should spend more time with your girlfriend, that's all." I said, which wasn't exactly a lie. "My bestfriend is more important than a girlfriend, understand?" He pressed my head against his chest and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Mianhae." I muttered as I snuggled closer. "You should be." He chuckled and I smacked his chest lightly. 

After we were done with the cleaning up, we headed to his teacher's room to get back his phone then to Mr Jin's room to get our bags. "I hope I don't see you guys again." Mr Jin said and we bowed before leaving. "Ice cream?" Hyunie wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Ok- AH!" I slipped and fell on my with a loud thud. "HANI AH!" He bend down and try to help me up but I whined when I put a little pressure on my right foot so he quickly let me lean on him. "Where does it hurt?" He asked and I pointed to my right ankle. "I think I sprained it." I frowned. "Can you stand on your left foot first?" He asked and I nodded. He made sure that I am stable standing on one leg first before kneeling down in front of me. "Hop on." He said and I placed my hands on his shoulder and slowly climbed onto his back. He stood up and adjusted so I felt comfortable on his back. "Am I too heavy? You can put me down, I'll try to walk." I said but he chuckled. "Are you kidding me? I've been carrying you since you were 5." He flashed me a smile. "But I have to agree that you're getting heavier." He teased. 

 


 

Hello!

Comments will be appreciated!
Please enjoy my update! ^^

Manyloves, 
Inspiritsoul