14

"Bestfriends"

---Sooyoung's POV---

"Woohyun!" I beamed when he appeared at the doorstep. "Happy birthday, Sooyoung ah." He smiled as he handed me the present. "Thank you, would you like some drinks?" I asked. "I'll just get it myself, don't worry about me." He smiled before walking deeper into the house which is now full of kids. "Umma, this is Woohyun." I introduced him to my mom when we bump into her along the hallway. "Annyeonghaseyo, Woohyun imnida." He bowed. "Oh, so he's the one? Handsome looking huh?" Umma teased and I blushed. "The one?" Woohyun raised his brows but I just shrugged. "I'll show you the pool outside! It's very cooling and quiet outside!" I suggested and he followed me without saying anything. 

"Why do you look so upset the past few days?" I asked when we sat down on the edge of the pool and soaked our legs in the water. "It's nothing." He said as he kicked the water. "Your nothing is Hani, isn't it?" I asked and he nodded slightly. I knew it.. It's always her, the topic he talks about will always be about her, everyone else seemed transparent to him. "What about her?" I asked. "She likes someone else." He closed his eyes. "Howon. She likes Howon, doesn't she?" I asked and he stayed silent. 'She likes you, can't you see?' I thought to myself. But I'm just going to be selfish for once, for myself. I stared at his side profile. How can anyone be as perfect as him, with the sharp nose and those jawlines. We heard a car stopped infront of the house so we looked over and saw Howon climbing out of the car with the cold Myungsoo guy, Sungyeol and Hani. Woohyun returned his gaze towards the pool and started kicking again. 

"If you like her, why don't you tell her?" I asked. "She once promised that her boyfriend will have to be approved by her brothers and I. I'll just have to reject all of them." He chuckled softly as he played with the hem of his shirt. "You know you wouldn't do that, don't you? You will be the first one to wish her happiness. And for you too, she'll be the first to wish you happiness." I replied. "I know. That's why I'm acting this way. Pushing her away, so that I won't fall any deeper for her, so I won't get hurt deeper in future." He shrugged and got up on his feet and I followed suit. "Won't you like someone else too?" I frowned, which he probably didn't see. "I don't think I will for near future. Since I was 6, she was always the first person I thought of when I woke up and the last person I thought of before I fell asleep at night. She is my everything." He turned and walked towards the house. 'I'll help you fall in love then.' I thought as I watched him walked away. I took 3 steps back and fell into the pool on purpose. 

He jumped into the pool quickly and pulled me back up. I closed my eyes pretending to have lost my consciousness. "She's still breathing." He sighed in relieve and carried me bridal style back into the house. I heard the kids gasp and wondering why we were drenched. I felt him carrying me up the stairs. He then softly placed me on the bed and told someone to go grab a warm towel. I slowly opened my eyes and looked him in the eyes. "Gwenchana?" He asked as he knelt down beside my bed. 'Mianhae, Hani ah.' I thought when I saw Hani walking towards the door with a towel and pulled Woohyun down with my arms around his neck and kissed him. He stayed still, probably in shock because he didn't even blinked once. 

 

---Hani's POV---

I walked towards the room with a warm towel in hand when I saw Hyunie leaning over and I realised that he was kissing her. "Don't look." I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my lower back and turning me around. That pair of arms then pulled me closer so that my head was leaning on a firm chest. Deeply breathing in, I realised I was in Hoya's arms. "It hurts.." I sobbed softly. "I know." He wrapped one of his arms tightly on my waist and the other smoothening my hair. I let Hoya lead me to the bathroom and I started washing my face, removing all the tear stains on my face and stared at myself in the mirror. "He likes her. Hyunie likes Sooyoung.." I whispered. Is that why he have been avoiding me so much lately? Because I'll affect his relationship? I sighed and crouched down on the floor, fighting back the urge to cry again. "Hani ah, are you done?" Hoya knocked on the door. "Yea, I'll be out in awhile." I replied and took a deep breath before opening the door to a worried looking Hoya. 

"Come here." He said opening his arms wide. Tears started forming in my eyes again as I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his waists and leaned my forehead against his chest. "This will be the last time.." I sobbed. He said nothing but continued patting my head as if telling me that everything is going to be alright. "Thanks oppa.." I smiled when I pulled away from him. He smiled and wiped my tears away with his thumb. "Do you wanna go back home?" He asked as we walked towards the living room. "Gwenchana, I'm okay." I smiled weakly as we approached the rest. When I noticed Hyunie approaching my direction, I gripped on Hoya's shirt and looked down, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "Hani ah, do you want some drinks?" Sungyeol startled me. "Yes?" I replied. I guess he noticed my swollen eyes but he shrugged and headed towards the fridge. "Oppa." I looked down at Myungsoo as he was fiddling with his phone. "Wae?" He looked up and noticed my swollen eyes. "Sit here." He said and shifted a little to the side to leave some space for me. "Woohyun?" He asked and I nodded. "Gwenchana?" He asked softly as he patted my head and I just nodded. "Did you see Hoya?" Myungsoo asked and I looked around. "He was here with me just now.." I said and noticed that Hoya wasn't in the living room at all. 

 

---Woohyun's POV---

Sooyoung suddenly pulled me down with her arms around my neck and kissed me. I stayed still in shock for a while before pushing her back down onto the bed. "I'll.. I'll go see where the warm towels are." I said before leaving the room awkwardly. I approached Sooyoung's mom and told her about Sooyoung falling into the pool and asked where the warm towels are. "That's weird.. She swims really well.. But it's okay, I'll get the warm towels for her. Go enjoy yourself." Her mom patted my shoulder before leaving me. I turned to go to the toilet to change into clothes that one of our classmate passed me when I saw Hani gripping onto Hoya's shirt and looking down. I walked past her, trying not to look at her and headed straight to the toilet. When I was done changing, Hoya was leaning on the wall right outside the toilet. "I need to talk to you." He said when I was walking away, which caused me to stop. "About what?" I asked. "Let's go to somewhere more private." He said before stuffing his hands into the pocket and walked out to the pool. 

"What did you wanna talk about?" I asked when I made sure no one else was around. "You like Hani, don't you?" He asked as he gazed at the pool. "If it's about her, I don't think we have anything to tall about." I said before turning away. "She saw you kissing that damn Sooyoung." His words made me froze. I don't know what surprises me. Was it because it was the first time Hoya used the word 'damn' or was it because of the fact that Hani saw Sooyoung kissed me. "I didn't." I said after a long silence. "She kissed me." I continued. "Who kiss who doesn't really matter now. What matters is that she was crying her eyes out because some bastard, which is you, obviously, treated her coldly out of a sudden. You, the bastard, made her cry like a baby because she saw you kissing that damn Sooyoung. You made her cry." He spat. "She cried?" I heard voice broke. "Yes, she did. And it's all because of you, Nam Woohyun." He said before punching my jaw. "I'm sorry.." I wiped away the blood from the edge of my mouth as I stood up and he gripped my collar. "Don't ing say sorry to me, say it to her. If you like her, tell her, don't hurt her." Hoya released me from his grip before heading back into the house.