Chapter 9

Drive Me Insane

HyunSik POV

“Hyung! You knew noona before this?” SungJae asked loudly. “Oppa is unnie’s husband-to-be but he disappeared!” MinRi said mischievously. “Yah! Watch what you’re saying. No, it’s not like that,” TaeRi defended. “Let’s sit down, shall we?” I suggested, as we sat in a big circle. Even EunKwang hyung finally became serious. “You know, it’s nothing much really. We were just best friends, and maybe a little more,” MinHyuk hyung said. “Where and when did you meet?” ChangSub asked. “We learned contemporary dance together, and we just became close friends,” MinHyuk explained. TaeRi nodded, agreeing. Despite the situation, I’m at a disadvantage, compared to MinHyuk hyung. I really have to make a move faster so as to not lose to hyung.

TaeRi POV                                                                                                                        

MinRi! Annoying MinRi! “You know what, guys. You have a comeback and I have a debut to prepare for. This is enough awkwardness for a day.” MinJung added, “Let’s get back to work.” EunKwang agreed, and we went back to MinJung’s practice room after collecting back all the autographed albums. I shouldn’t have brought her here!  “Unnie! I don’t want to leave yet! Bye oppas!” MinRi protested and shouted before being dragged out by me. “Bye oppas! I’ll be back here more often!” I shouted, before shutting the door. That was a pretty short visit.

We then went to the other artiste’s rooms’ to get autographs, but some of them were out. “MinRi, let’s go home,” I told her, physically and mentally exhausted. She looked at me with her puppy eyes. But I just said, “I’ll get going first, I’ll come back soon, MinJung”. MinRi bowed and we left Cube building.

(AT NIGHT) HyunSik POV

It’s time to ask her out, I guess. I picked up my phone to dial her number.

(The Conversation: )

TaeRi: Hello?
HyunSik: Is this TaeRi speaking? I’m HyunSik
TaeRi: Yeah, I’m TaeRi. Hey HyunSik, what’s up?
HyunSik: Uhm… I was just wondering if you wanted to catch a movie together. You know, just the two of us.
TaeRi: Okay! Sure! I really want to watch The Commitment! When?
HyunSik: How about tomorrow night, after I’m done with my schedule, around 8? I’ll pick you up from your workplace.
TaeRi: Okay! See you then!
HyunSik: See you!

-          End Of Conversation     -

She agreed !I’m so excited!

TaeRi POV

HyunSik is asking me out on a date? That’s surprising. Will he perhaps help me forget about my past with MinHyuk? Haizz… I’ll just enjoy myself tomorrow night. I yawned, it’s been a long day for me. MinRi tried apologising to me. And I guess she has no idea what she is apologising for. She only did so because Umma asked her to. So, I still haven’t forgiven her. Exhausted, I washed up and went to bed.

(NEXT MORNING) I washed up and wore my black dancing outfit, packing another set of clothing for my date with HyunSik later. I was actually feeling excited. I certainly don’t want to see MinRi, so I just took my sandwich and headed for the door. “TaeRi, can I have a word with you please?” Umma called me back. I sighed and sat down at the table. At that time, MinRi came out of her room, sleepily. “Get back in, MinRi! Come out later.” I snapped. She did as I said.

“TaeRi, this isn’t the way to talk to your dongsaeng. I know you’re frustrated at her for revealing your past with MinHyuk. But it was unintentional. You’re both my children, so I’m not being biased.” Umma said. TaeRi replied, “Umma! She didn’t respect my privacy. And you clearly are biased towards her!” “TaeRi, mind your manners! Apologise to MinRi later.” Umma warned sternly. “I don’t care, I won’t be back tonight. Don’t wait for me.” I shouted, leaving for work.

(AT NIGHT, after the movie) “That’s a great movie!” HyunSik said. I actually really enjoyed the date with HyunSik, I wouldn’t mind going out with him more. But… if I really get into a relationship with him, it’d be unfair… I’ll still think of Hyuk oppa! Omo! What am I thinking? “Where’d you live? I’ll fetch you home, and apologise to your mum for keeping you out so late,” HyunSik offered. “You know what; I don’t want to go home today. Can you fetch me to MinJung’s? I just quarrelled with my mum,” I replied. “You know, we share a dorm with her right? You’re fine with it?” HyunSik reminded. Oh yah, BTOB will be there too! I nodded. Better than going home anyway.

                HyunSik POV

                I fetched her over to the dorm, it’s her first time over. I was actually pretty excited. I punched the passcode to the door and it opened. “Hyung! I’m home! And we’ve got a guest. A female one. So put on your clothes!” I shouted before entering with TaeRi. I heard her giggle. IlHoon came out first. “Oh! TaeRi! I guess you’re here to see MinJung.” MinJung rushed to the entrance upon hearing TaeRi’s name. “TaeRi! I’ve missed you! How come you are not at your home? It’s late,” MinJung asked, concerned. TaeRi shook her head. ‘How come you’re with HyunSik?” She winked. “We went to watch a movie! It’s really good,” I replied.  

                TaeRi POV

                I greeted the other oppas, which included explaining why I didn’t want to go home and getting teased, before going into MinJung’s room. Fortunately or unfortunately, MinHyuk isn’t at the dorm yet. 

                “TaeRi-ah, what brings you here?” MinJung asked. “Mum is being biased. Haizz… Don’t talk about it.” I replied. “But… there’s MinHyuk oppa here.” She reminded. “Better than being at home. Do you happen to have an extra mattress here?” I asked. She shook her head, “But, I think Peniel has a schedule tonight at Jeju, I guess you can sleep there? If not, you can take this bed, I’ll sleep there. We can check with the boys.” Sleeping in the same room as BTOB? I can’t imagine what will happen.

                “Never mind, I’ll sleep there.” I walked out of the room to check with the boys about Peniel’s schedule.

“SungJae, Peniel won’t be around tonight right? Can I use his bed? I won’t be going home tonight,” I asked SungJae. “He isn’t around, so I guess you can use it. It’s his pleasure anyway! It’s the bed above MinHyuk, we all sleep in bunk beds! Except for EunKwang hyung, who sleeps on the floor!” SungJae replied. Above MinHyuk’s bed?!

                 

[ A/N ] Last update before I go overseas! Then school is starting when I come back! I'm so busy! Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been watching 'Heirs'! The cast is so good looking. ;) I'll try to update once more before school starts again. Please continue to support this fic! No promises though ><  Anyway, a short chapter is coming up, and I'm starting to speed things up a little. Comment to tell me how to improve. Thanks! Merry Christmas in advance, lovely readers!