Chapter 16

Drive Me Insane

TaeRi POV

                I went over to their dorm for dinner, just as I said I would. EunKwang cooked a lot. According to the boys, they say this is very rare cause he usually only cooks his egg soup. I enjoyed my meal with them even though the food was just average. For the first time in a long while, I felt genuinely happy.  

                After dinner, we watched a movie together. While watching, I unknowingly fell asleep on MinHyuk’s shoulder.

MinHyuk POV

I felt a weight on my shoulder in the middle of the movie. It was TaeRi. I let out a small smile. It felt real this time. It felt like we were really dating. I allowed myself to enjoy this moment. Suddenly, TaeRi’s phone rang. I helped her pick it up. It was an unknown number. “Hello?” “Who are you?” “I’m her boyfriend.” There was silence for a while. “Can you two come out to receive something?” TaeRi was woken by the ringtone of her phone as she rubbed her eyes sleepily. I whispered what the person on the phone and she just nodded. “Where do you want to meet?” “Along Han River,” just like that the phone call ended.

Nevertheless, I found it a little weird. I took my cap and jacket and waited for TaeRi to put on her jacket. We left the dorm together and went to Han River. Upon arriving, there weren’t many people around. While walking along it hand in hand, we found a gift on a seat that was meant for us. “This person is a little weird,” TaeRi commented. “Let’s go back.” I suggested and we went back to the dorm to open the gift. It was a pretty couple phone case. Almost immediately we decided to put it on our phones.

It was a simple but lovely night. TaeRi went to sleep in MinJung’s room but I was still on my laptop. My phone started to vibrate. Manager hyung? I picked up the phone.

Manager: “YAH! Are you crazy?”

MinHyuk: “Hyung, why? What happened?”

Manager: “I should be asking you that! Are you really dating?”

MinHyuk: “I haven’t told the company! How did you know?

Manager: “Not only me! All your fans know. You are on the headlines of K-pop news websites!”

MinHyuk: “Wait what! I’ll go check it out now!”

Manager: “CEO-nim wants to see you and your girlfriend! Check the article on the way there! Find him at Cube café. He left the company already.”

MinHyuk: “Okay.”

I slowly shook TaeRi up. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me, puzzled.

“Ri. We got caught. CEO- nim wants to meet us.”

“What! It’s definitely the gift. It was a trick!”

My mind drifted to the voice I heard on the phone. Ah! Why didn’t I think of it earlier! I let TaeRi leave the house first to go to the nearby bus stop while I drove the car out to pick her up.

As we arrived at Cube café, which was almost empty. We met CEO-nim in the VIP guest room.

CEO: “MinHyuk. What is this girl’s name?”

MinHyuk: “She’s TaeRi.”

TaeRi: “CEO-nim. Nice to meet you, I am a dance instructor.”

CEO: “Very well, MinHyuk, how well do you know her?”

MinHyuk: “I met her a few years ago. We went to the same dance academy and were close friends. She is indeed my girlfriend and we only became a couple for a few days.”

CEO: “We have to confirm the rumour. It’s going wild. As you know, our company doesn’t ban dating. TaeRi-sshi, is it alright if we make your relationship public?”

TaeRi nodded.

CEO: “You have to prepare yourself for the hate you will get from his fans. Your identity should have been revealed by now. Reporters should be flooding the dorms, company building and your homes by now.”

MinHyuk: “Then, where can we go now?”

CEO: “I booked a suite for you at a hotel quite far away from here. Transport has been arranged. Clothes should have been sent there as well. TaeRi-sshi, there’s a van waiting for you outside. Please make your way there now. 2021 is the room number. Someone should be at the hotel drop-off point to pick you up. I will release the statement tomorrow.”

TaeRi bowed and left the room first.

CEO: “You should have told us first. I have cancelled all your activities temporarily.’

MinHyuk: “I wanted to do so, but I guess I was a little late. Sorry, CEO-nim.”

CEO: “Your car is waiting for you.”

MinHyuk: “Thank you.”

Then I bowed and left as well.

Shortly after that, EunKwang called.

“MinHyuk! What did CEO-nim say?”

“He is okay. He is putting us up at a hotel first. Reporters are everywhere. He is going to release the official statement tomorrow.”

“It is so noisy downstairs!”

“I believe CEO-nim will send someone there to control the crowd soon. Sorry for all the trouble.”

“Rest well.”

“Good night.”

TaeRi POV

To be very honest, I felt like a criminal. I knew I had to go through this phase of dating an idol. But it’s much tougher than I thought. People from the cars beside us stared at me. It seemed like most fans know already.

The hotel wasn’t very luxurious. But it was kind of empty. I was brought to the room as I waited for MinHyuk. Clothes and instant food have already been packed nicely for us. I guess this is the advantage of dating an idol as well. I changed out of my dirty clothing to a simple shirt and sweatpants that they have prepared.

MinHyuk came in soon after. I ran to hug him. And he kissed on my forehead. It gave me so much strength. It reminded me of why I had to go through this. I hugged him tighter. He bent down and kissed me on the lips before we let each other go. He changed into the same thing, clothes and sweatpants. We opened a loaf of bread to eat together.

It was 2.30AM by the time we settled down. We then went to bed in the separate rooms. It was extremely tiring.

Another girl’s POV

This plan needs to work. 

 

[ A/N ] Sorry to disappoint!! My writing is getting very very sloppy! Finals exam are nearing so I'm going to write very quickly to finish this up while I still have the motivation to! It's gonna end very soon but please still support my fic! I think another two more chapters! And to all of the students out there, good luck!