Chapter 18 (Final)

Drive Me Insane

MinHyuk POV

As soon as I opened the door, TaeRi fell into my arms. Her arms and faces had many cuts and scratch marks, her hair smelt of rotten stuff. MinJung came in right after that, holding plastic bags from the pharmacy. I looked at her, clearly puzzled.

“Haters; she refused to break up with you, so…” she explained. Tears formed in my eyes. She went through so much pain for me. I helped her sit down on the sofa after MinJung helped her change into comfier clothes. I helped her apply creams on her cuts and put plasters on them. I felt so bad, as if the whole world was turning upside down. I didn’t know what to feel. I just held her tightly in my arms, letting tear drops drop down occasionally.

“Oppa, I have a photoshoot scheduled. Please take care of TaeRi, call me if she has any problems.” MinJung said. I nodded and walked her to the door.

I helped TaeRi onto her bed when MinJung left. “Oppa, saranghae.” TaeRi whispered. I kissed her on the lips as a reply. Her beautiful but tired eyes closed to rest. I just lay down beside her, admiring her perfect features. She was perfect to me. I wondered who would have done that to her and I swore that person should never appear in front of me, cause I will never forgive them for doing this to her.

Just like that, I fell asleep beside her.

TaeRi POV

I woke up to a familiar warmth beside me. It was MinHyuk, the guy who stole my heart. I smiled slightly at the thought before the nightmare came back. I held MinHyuk’s hand and closed my eyes tightly. This is not real, this is not happening. I was then pulled into an embrace. He pulled me closer to him and I could literally hear his heartbeat. He patted my back and kept repeating, “It’s okay.” Feeling a lot braver, I opened my eyes and looked up to see MinHyuk’s concerned eyes staring back at me. I hugged him tighter, and whispered, “Because of you, everything’s okay.”

After smelling the stench coming from my hair, I went to bathe while MinHyuk made dinner. It was instant noodle again. I was starting to miss home a little. I will never take home-cooked food for granted anymore.

MinHyuk helped me put plasters on my wounds again. To be honest, it was kind of painful but the thought of him helping me do it still made me smile.

 

[2 WEEKS LATER]

I returned home a week after the issue. I visited Cube building more often now. But things have changed. I can never leave the house without a cap. At the dance academy, all everyone talks about with me was MinHyuk. Some of my students even hate me, while some requested me to get his autograph or to bring him to dance lessons someday.

We can never go out on a normal date either. Dates were usually at his house, my house or at the weirdest times in the middle of the night, at the dance studio we first met. We could only go to cafes with very little people and never to places that couples frequent.

I was hated a lot. While walking on the street, things will be thrown on me. People will stick out their legs to trip me and younger street-food stall owners sold me their food at higher prices. I even forgot how it felt to be bruise-less. But everything was worth it. Because of one man.

Because I love him.    

 

[ A/N ] hi friends! so this is the end of Drive Me Insane! thx for supporting it all this while. sry for the late update!! i have been rly busy and i hope you guys r doing well! pls comment and upvote if you want a sequel! no promises because i lack inspiration for fluffy stories! pls forgive me! but i will try my best to write a sequel if you guys want it! hope you guys will support my next one/two-shot got7 fic Short Forevers! i haven't finished writing it but wiill try to finish it up asap! once again, thx friends!!!!!