Chapter 10

Drive Me Insane

MinHyuk POV

(1AM) I finished recording Kiss the Radio an hour ago; it’s good to be back at the dorm. I closed the door behind me and walked towards the room. The lights were off but it was obvious that not all of them were sleeping yet; some of the members weren’t even back yet. SungJae was using his laptop, IlHoon was using his phone, HyunSik was reading a book, and ChangSub was sleeping and… I thought Peniel isn’t coming back to the dorm tonight? How come there is someone on his bed, and he seems much smaller. No, wait, it’s a she! I put my stuff on my bed. And ‘she’ turned around, and opened her eyes slowly. I recognise her! It’s TaeRi! What’s she doing here? “Oh! Ri! Did I wake you up?” I asked, shocked. “Hey Hyuk oppa, you’re back. And don’t worry, I haven’t slept,” she replied, rubbing her eyes.

TaeRi POV

Oh! Hyuk oppa! He’s back!  “Oh! Ri! Did I wake you up?” he whispered. I kind of miss him calling me ‘Ri’.  “Hey Hyuk oppa, you’re back. And don’t worry, I haven’t slept,” I replied, rubbing my eyes. I was really hungry. And suddenly, my stomach growled. “Wanna grab a snack? I’m hungry too,” MinHyuk laughed softly and asked. I nodded. I got off the bed and walked out softly with MinHyuk.

MinHyuk POV

I don’t know why but when I asked her to go out to have a snack with me, it felt so natural. That was a good thing. She changed her shorts into jeans and grabbed a cardigan to go out. I missed the feeling of going out with her. “What do you feel like eating?” I asked. She shrugged.
                We ended up going to a café across the street, one we’ve been to together before. “I remember this place,” she said. I nodded. “It’s been a while, it still looks the same,” she added.     

We went to order what we wanted and started eating opposite each other. We talked about the funny and embarrassing days, except for my confession. It was 3AM when we went back to the dorm to sleep. I missed spending time alone with her.

(NEXT DAY) When I woke up, TaeRi was already out of bed. I went out of the room to check, and saw her preparing breakfast for us with MinJung. How I wish she was mine, how I wish I could hug her from behind. “Good morning,” I greeted the girls, before washing up. “Good morning oppa!” they replied enthusiastically. When I got out of the toilet, breakfast was ready, and the two girls went to call the rest of the guys up.

HyunSik POV

I woke up to face a smiling MinJung shaking me. “Breakfast is ready!” she exclaimed. I thought I could’ve gone deaf. I got out of bed to wash up.

As we had breakfast together, the 8 of us, talked about a lot of stuff. But mostly, about TaeRi since she was ‘newer’ around us. “TaeRi-ah, how’s your date with HyunSik hyung last night?” IlHoon teased. I saw MinHyuk’s eye widen before pretending to be unaffected. I guess MinHyuk likes TaeRi too? She blushed and answered, “Is it considered a date? But, it was fun, I guess?” IlHoon showed me the thumbs up, and I laughed.    

MinHyuk POV

HyunSik asking TaeRi out, I should have guessed that earlier. I was honestly shocked. That little boy has sure grown up. But despite being good friends, I don’t think I can just give up on the girl I like just like that right? “MinHyuk hyung!” SungJae shouted. I was snapped out of my thoughts. “It’s your turn to do the dishes!” I nodded.

While I was collecting the plate, I saw HyunSik and TaeRi laughing together. Are they really together now? How foolish of me to think that she still has feelings for me. While washing the plates, I thought about many things. Scenes of HyunSik and TaeRi enjoying themselves together… TaeRi rejecting my confession because she is with HyunSik. Have I thought too much? After doing the dishes, I picked up my phone. I have to text TaeRi, there’s no more time.

The text conversation:

MinHyuk: I have something important to tell you. Can we talk?

TaeRi: Why so sudden? Are you alright?

MinHyuk: Yea, I’m fine. At the café later at night? 10 perhaps?

TaeRi: Erm… I guess I’m fine with that.

                TaeRi POV

                MinHyuk must have been affected by my outing with HyunSik last night. I think my heart is leaning towards Hyuk oppa, but I’m afraid he’ll hurt me again. Should I just get HyunSik to be my boyfriend. Yah! TAERI! What made you think HyunSik will want you! My head felt like exploding there and then. Should I message him first then? Perhaps make it clear to him that I’ll try to like him more and more every day.

                The text conversation:

                TaeRi: Oppa. I know this is sudden. But can you please be my ‘cover’ boyfriend? I will try to develop feelings for you.

                HyunSik: Huh? What?! Anyway, I don’t mind. I like you anyway, since we first met. So it’s my pleasure. But who are you doing this for? MinHyuk hyung?

                TaeRi: Meet for dinner okay? I’ll tell you then.

                HyunSik: I’m not free today. Tomorrow perhaps?

               

HyunSik POV

                TaeRi wants me to be her ‘cover’ boyfriend? I’m a little hurt but I’ll do anything for her. Absolutely anything for my princess. Did MinHyuk hurt her before? Is that why she’s scared? I think hyung likes her too. But TaeRi is scared that he’ll hurt her again. Have I been watching too many dramas lately? I guess so. But still… at the thought that TaeRi is my ‘girlfriend’, I smiled, like a fool. I will make her smile. I won’t hurt her, I won’t make her cry, and I will make sure no one does that too. I won’t make her regret choosing me.

 Instead, I’ll protect her.

 

[ A/N ] Hey lovely reader, I'm back. I don't think I'll be making frequent updates, but I'm quite determined to finish this story. So please bear with me. School work and other school activities are making me so tired, so I'm just writing this as and when I can. I still read comments so don't forget to support and comment. Constructive critiscm is totally cool with me. If you like the story so far, don't forget to subscribe. Thanks! (: