Chapter 8

Drive Me Insane

(3rd Person POV) (2 WEEKS LATER)

TaeRi found herself a job as a contemporary dance instructor at a building not far from Cube building. She hardly has time to visit MinJung and BTOB anymore. She has also taken up night classes on fashion designing as she was interested. (She just told MinJung to tell them that she won’t be coming very often.

MinJung’s debut has been scheduled to be a month later. She is already well-prepared for her comeback. She is also IlHoon’s girlfriend now after they enjoyed the amusement park date. She has also been given a room at BTOB’s dorm to live in to prepare for her comeback.

BTOB’s comeback is scheduled to be next week, with two title tracks. ‘When I was your man’ and ‘Thriller’. It’s a highly anticipated comeback.

TaeRi POV

I have already informed MinJung yesterday; I’m going to visit her at Cube today. It’s one of the rare days I actually have a break. This also meant that it’s time to explain my ‘sudden departure’ to BTOB and face MinHyuk once again. What shall I say when I see them again? Especially Hyuk oppa. I put on a flowery sleeveless top and jeans, and my brown bag, and I was ready to go out of the house. I’m a little excited, to be honest; it’s been quite some time since I’ve seen them.

“Unnie! Bring me along! I want to see the idols too!” I heard the familiar voice call me. MinRi… Bringing MinRi would also mean that she would see everything. That’s just… wrong. “TaeRi-ah, just take her along. I’ve got household chores to do.” I heard mum say. “But… Umma! They’re my friends!” I tried to protest. “Take her along, or you’ll have to do the chores this weekend!” I had no choice but to bring her along. I helped her tie her hair in a pretty bun and let her wear her favourite pink dress.

                We finally reached there after I heard a lot of MinRi’s excited squeals. I actually felt good for being such a nice sister; but on the other hand, I have no idea how MinRi will spoil my reputation in front of my friends. MinJung is fine, but BTOB… “Aigoo, TaeRi-ah, it’s been a while. Oh! Look who’s all grown up.” MinJung said when I finally reached her practice room. “MinJung unnie! You’ve become prettier!” MinRi complimented her. Phew, she’s doing things right, for now at least. “MinRi knows how to sweet talk now!’ MinJung teased. MinJung and I talked a little about how we were doing; her debut preparations and my work. I had to bring MinRi to see BTOB and the rest of the artists because she kept rushing me. I pulled MinJung along too, so it won’t be very awkward with the other idols, and we could keep talking.

                I don’t know what kind of feeling I had when I turned the knob of BTOB’s practice room. I could hear “Thriller” playing, and the ground slightly shaking from all the dancing. When I finally came in with my sister and MinJung, they stopped the music to greet us.

                HyunSik POV

                We were dancing to prepare ourselves for the comeback. The door knob turned. Aish… Manager hyung. But it wasn’t, it was MinJung, TaeRi… and another girl? I missed TaeRi a lot for the past two weeks. I wondered how she was doing; she found herself a job or something? “TaeRi noona!” SungJae shouted. “Yah! What about me?” MinJung shouted. “You come here all the time, noona…” SungJae whispered carefully. “Hello TaeRi! And MinJung…” I greeted. MinJung glared at me, I just laughed. I followed TaeRi’s gaze… She’s looking at MinHyuk hyung. Why would she look at MinHyuk hyung?

                MinHyuk POV

                TaeRi?! That was sudden. I’ve been waiting for this day, but how come I don’t know what to do now that she is here? I think I’m the only one that haven’t said hi. I looked at her, and to my surprise, she was looking right back at me. Then HyunSik. HyunSik too? “TaeRi-ah! How’s your new job? You should visit us more often. Choose friendship over money!” IlHoon said. “It’s not bad actually, being a dance instructor. And okay! I’ll visit you more often!” TaeRi replied.

-          FLASHBACK     - (during the two weeks)

It was a warm day in the dorm. The rest of the members have a schedule, except for HyunSik and me. “Hyung, what do you do when you like a girl?” HyunSik asked me. “You have a girl you like, don’t you?” I , giving him a nudge. He nodded and said, “and you know her too. You know, TaeRi…” I was taken aback. I tried to remain calm, and asked, “Since when?” “I don’t know, but I guess in the van we first met. But my feelings were confirmed when I felt jealous when you went out to buy noodles with her. What do I do hyung? I’m not being myself. Should I ask her out?” He explained. No! I replied, “If you want to, I guess.” Faking a smile, I went to the toilet.

-          FLASHBACK ENDS     -

I looked at HyunSik, and then at TaeRi, then my shoelaces. I don’t know what to do. Hmmm… That little girl looks familiar? I know! TaeRi’s sister, MinRi. She’s all grown up now.

TaeRi POV

Oh wait! MinRi has seen MinHyuk before! That’s bad! “Noona, who’s the little one?” SungJae asked, pointing at MinRi. “She’s my sister, MinRi,” I replied, pushing MinRi in front of me. “Hello, I’m MinRi and I’m a big fan of you all! Can I have your autograph? And unnie, that’s MinHyuk oppa right?” She introduced herself brightly before asking me quietly. I nodded, and gave her a look not to say anymore, but I guess she didn’t understand, because she added, “MinHyuk oppa, why haven’t you been visiting my sister lately?” I looked up at MinHyuk, my eyes widened in shock. I could tell that he was shocked too.

“Hello MinRi-ah. Uh… I’ve been busy.” MinHyuk replied. “Come over soon okay!” MinRi beamed. The other guys looked at us in shock. MinHyuk nodded slowly. MinJung tried to help by taking the albums out of MinRi’s bag and shoving it at them to ask them to sign it. I looked at MinHyuk, and we both understood. The boys will and have to know about our past sooner or later.

HyunSik POV

MinHyuk knew TaeRi before? And he has been to her house?! What’s going on?

 

[ A/N ] Sorry for updating so little! Please continue to support this fic! I've got bad news though. I'll be going overseas soon for a really long time. But I'll try to update one more time before going. And I hope you still like the fic until now. (: