Chapter 11

Drive Me Insane

(THAT NIGHT)

MinHyuk POV

                I reached the café before TaeRi did, and I ordered what we both usually drank. I have a bad feeling, I can’t really describe it. Perhaps, HyunSik is already TaeRi’s boyfriend. It’ll be too late, even for my second confession.

                “Hyuk oppa! I’m here,” TaeRi said as she waved her hand in front of me. I was snapped out of my thoughts. She took the seat opposite mine. “Oh, you bought my drink too. Thanks oppa!” I nodded. She is still her cheerful self, was I thinking too much? “Oppa, what is it you wanted to tell me?” “Ri-ah, how’d you like HyunSik? How was the date?” “Oppa, why’d you ask? It was fun. The movie was great!” She commented before sipping on her drink. “Ah… I was just curious,” I casually replied.

                We had a pretty pleasant conversation after that, talking about BTOB’s comeback and her new job. “Ri-ah, if you are free, let me take you somewhere,” I said after much consideration.

               

TaeRi POV

                Where is he taking me? I nodded, finishing the last bit of my drink. He put on his cap and sunglasses, and he held my hand, leading me out of the café. I wasn’t that uncomfortable about the sudden skinship. Instead, it felt warm and familiar. We went to his car and we drove along a familiar route. We turned into a small alley. I know, I know this place… The… the… dance studio. He pulled out the familiar dance studio access card.

                “That’s surprising, you still have it,” He nodded, and parked his car along the empty road. Again, he took my hand and led me into the studio we used to use back when we were members/students of this place. He the air conditioner and the lights before pulling me to the centre of the studio with a remote controller in the other hand.

               

MinHyuk POV

                 I was extremely familiar with this place as I came back a year after TaeRi quitted, as the other members say. It was like a place where I don’t have to bottle up my feelings, it felt like home, somehow. I clicked the same few buttons until it was the track that I wanted, before tossing the remote control to the cushion seats at the side of the room.

                The track that I danced with her for the last time.

                Her eyes widened at my music selection, before loosening her body and allowing herself to dance. It was all so familiar. This was how it was supposed to be. I was officially in love with her again.

 

                TaeRi POV

                My body moved with the beat, the melody. I haven’t forgotten even the smallest detail. I have been living in denial all this time. I trusted his muscular arms to hold me when I leaned back, I allowed myself to be in his embrace once again. My heart is beating so quickly, my face feels hot. Ah… What am I thinking, HyunSik is my boyfriend.

               

                MinHyuk POV

                Am I ready for this? Am I not? Does she feel the same way as me? Will she react the same way as two years ago?

                The song ended. I held her in the ending pose, a back hug. She’s not resisting. My heart was beating at an unusually fast pace.

                I mustered up my courage, and slowly said “Just like two years ago, I would like to make my…” “Oppa, don’t continue. I’m tired. I want to go home.”

                My hands fell in disappointment. Maybe I thought a little too much. Maybe she really likes HyunSik, or maybe she is already HyunSik’s girlfriend. Don’t think too much about it. It’s nothing. I kept myself together and drove her home. It was the most awkward ride ever. She thanked me for the night and left to enter her house. As I watched her enter the lift, I wiped away my tears that fell unconsciously and drove back to the dorm.

 

                TaeRi POV

Just like two years ago… I think I need to message him. I picked up my phone and typed away.

The text conversation:

TaeRi: Oppa, sorry about earlier

MinHyuk: Ah, it’s okay Ri.

TaeRi: I don’t know how to put this, but oppa, I really like you. However, I have my reasons, we cannot be together. Please forgive me, oppa.

MinHyuk: Even though I don’t know the reason, but I understand. Don’t think too much about it. Good night, Ri.

TaeRi: Good night oppa.

                A few minutes later, my phone vibrated again. It was HyunSik.

HyunSik: By any chance, did you go out with MinHyuk hyung?

TaeRi: Why do you ask?

HyunSik: He’s drinking a lot. I think he drank at least six cans already! He rarely drinks; it’s even rarer that he’s drinking so much in one shot.

TaeRi: I did meet him, unfortunate things happened. I guess you should let him be. It must be hard for him.

HyunSik: Okay. Anyway, tomorrow, at the curry house at 7?

TaeRi: Yeah, sure. See you there oppa. Good night!

HyunSik: See you there! Good night!

In the middle of the night, a call came. It was from MinHyuk.

MinHyuk: Ri-ah. Don’t you know that I really love you? I really, really do. I thought that I could forget about you, but I am wrong. You’ve always been living at the back of my brain, and in my heart. Always. When will you ever realise how much you mean to me? I love you so much you don’t even realise. I don’t need anyone else, I just need you. I’m sorry I hurt you. Please come back to me. You mean so much to me. It must be Fate that we met again. Don’t reject me again…

TaeRi: I never rejected you, oppa. I… I…

I hung up the phone, sobbing.  Why did this have to happen? YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HYUNSIK. GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD .Don’t ever let your heart waver for another man. 

 

[ A/N ] Hello readers, my holidays are ending already. I'm extremely determined to finish this fic so I'm going a little faster. I hope it's still alright for you. Please continue to subscribe and comment, or even vote. I'm being a little too ambitious heheh. I'm writing it in advance so I will try to finish it by the next holidays, which will sadly be the November-December holidays! I will update as much as I can before making you wait for a long time. So sorry! Enjoy the fic!! (: