Chapter 5

Drive Me Insane

-          FLASHBACK     -   (3rd Person)

After dance practice, MinHyuk and TaeRi were the only ones in the dance studio, staying back for extra practices. They were going to be the main characters for the annual musical at the dance school. They could match each other really well; they’re feet never stepped on each other’s. After the dance, they stared at each other for the ending pose. “Ri-ah, please don’t be frightened by me after I tell you this,” MinHyuk said as he held on tight to TaeRi in the ending pose. (MinHyuk was the only one that called her Ri.) TaeRi nodded. “I don’t know if you feel the same, but I… I really like you.” He added as he loosened his grip on TaeRi. TaeRi shook herself free, and said, “You know what, I will think it through, message you tonight okay?” She grabbed her bag and left.

At night, the text conversation:

(9.30PM) TaeRi: MinHyuk oppa!

(9.45PM) TaeRi: Hyuk oppa? Are you there?

(10.00PM) TaeRi: It’s okay if you are not free, I will tell you tomorrow at dance practice!

                Next morning’s dance practice, MinHyuk quit the classes already. But he left a note for TaeRi in her locker. It read: Ri-ah! Sorry that oppa left just like this, I have changed my phone number; don’t bother calling me anymore okay? Forgive oppa? The dance instructor will find a better partner for you okay? I know I have been rejected by you since you couldn’t give me a direct answer. But don’t worry, you are not the main reason I left. Just forget about this mean oppa, okay? If we’re meant to be, we will meet again! (:  -mean Hyuk oppa

                TaeRi started crying right in front of her locker and whispered, “You really are mean. I love you oppa. How can I forget someone who gave me so much to remember?” She knew that the note was full of lies, so she threw it away. She finally stopped when she was comforted by her friends. From then on, both of them had decided to forget each other, and everything that had happened. 

-          FLASHBACK ENDS     -

   

 (THAT NIGHT)

MinHyuk POV

What’s her name again? Something Ri? That sounds too familiar. I’m sure I know her, that gaze of hers, it’s all so familiar. Shall I ask her? She seems like she knows something, considering how quiet she was in the van. Or was she just shy? Am I making up things by myself? I tumbled around in bed, unable to fall asleep. There were too many unanswered questions about that Ri girl. Exhausted from all the thinking, I took a deep breath and tried to sleep again. (finally asleep)

DREAMLAND- I was holding her in a back hug position, she shook herself free. “Don’t leave,” I muttered under my breath and tried to chase her, she was too fast. I fell, and started rolling as I felt a searing pain at my ankle. I rolled as fast as I could until THUD!

I woke up as I hit EunKwang hyung’s hand; I had rolled onto his mattress. “Do you want to kill me or hug me?” he asked me with a smirk and sleepy eyes. Whoa, he can still be funny in the middle of the night. “To kill you, hyung. Sorry about that, nightmare again”. I crawled back onto my bed. “Go back to sleep, we still have a long schedule ahead of us tomorrow,” EunKwang hyung said. What kind of dream was that? I’m quite sure it’s that Ri girl; it’s too real to be true. It seemed too real to be just a dream. I’m 100% sure now that we know each other before, and more than friends. I’ll just have to let these memories come back slowly. I really should be going back to sleep now. (finally asleep again)

 

[ A/N ] I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a long time! I have been really busy with school stuff gah. Still, please help me by commenting on this fic! I have written longer chapters beforehand already. The next update would be much longer than this. (counting the words) Things are getting interesting, so don't forget to subscribe. I'm really busy so I can't make updates so often, but I'll try my best! (: