Chapter 13

Drive Me Insane

MinHyuk POV

I felt that ‘electricity’ when she my cheek. I heard that. ‘I’m sorry’. Sorry for what? What’s going on? Does she still have feelings for me? SHE IS HYUNSIK’S GIRLFRIEND. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Soon, TaeRi woke us up for dinner. It was delicious. But I just didn’t have the appetite. When I finished eating my tiny portion of rice, I took a slice of watermelon that she cut before going back to the room. “Is that all you are eating?” I heard a female voice say as I left the table. Who else could it be, it was obviously TaeRi. “I wasn’t hungry to begin with. The food was good, I ate well,” I replied soullessly.

TaeRi POV

This is worrying. I know him well enough. Why is he doing this to himself? I continued eating, but he kept appearing in my thoughts. The rest of us joked around a bit as we ate. When we were done eating dinner, I washed the dishes with HyunSik. This won’t do, I have to talk to him.  They all had to leave to go practice back at the company. I offered to pack up while they left first, to avoid paparazzi and sasaeng fans. And they left.

While packing up, I saw MinHyuk’s wallet on the dining table. I’ll make a trip to the company and pass it to him. Then suddenly, the lock of the door clicked. It was MinHyuk. “I’m here to take my wallet,” he told me, unable to make eye contact.

As he was about to leave, I blurted out “Hyuk oppa, stay for a bit, we need to talk,” he finally looked at me in the eye. We sat down next to each other on the couch.

“You know, oppa, you need to stop this. You can’t drink beer every night and eat so little all the time. Your health will suffer.”

“Why do you even care so much? You are HyunSik’s girlfriend. Not mine.” He looked like he regretted what he said the moment he said it.

“You are my friend, oppa, and a friend I really like.”

“Then what do you want me to do. This?” As he finished, he held my face in his hands, and our lips met. I was in shock. To be honest, I kind of enjoyed it. But I still pulled away.

“I’m sorry,” he apologised as he walked away, remembering to take his wallet this time. When he left, I couldn’t take it anymore and allowed myself to drown in my tears. A mixed of emotions hit me really hard. I was really at a loss about what to do. I loved MinHyuk, but I have HyunSik. Either way, I’ll hurt one of them.

Five minutes later, I finally packed my bag and was on my way home. Once I reached home, I locked myself in the room and cried to my heart’s content. I texted MinJung: Call me when you can. Almost immediately, she called back.

The phone conversation: (TaeRi was sobbing throughout)

MinJung: TaeRi-ah, what’s wrong?

TaeRi: I don’t even know. I’m a mess. My heart feels like there’s an earthquake, it’s I don’t know, I’ve never felt this way before.

MinJung: Are you okay? I’ve never heard you cry so hard before, except for when MinHyuk first left you. What happened?

TaeRi: I thought I was happy with HyunSik but…

MinJung: What happened between you and MinHyuk? Do you need to come out and get some fresh air?

TaeRi: Okay… Meet you along Han River in 20 min?

MinJung: Okay.

 

3rd Person POV

(ALONG HAN RIVER) TaeRi and MinJung met along Han River.

TaeRi: My heart is exploding, MinJung. Why is your love life so easy?

MinJung: What happened between MinHyuk and you?

TaeRi: I just… I just told him that he should stop drinking so much alcohol, and eat more. Then, he asked me what he should do, then, we kind of kissed. My heart… I don’t even know anymore!

MinJung: You know your feelings best. I, too, know that you still like MinHyuk, but HyunSik, ah…

TaeRi: MinHyuk and I can’t be together. I don’t want to be hurt by him anymore. Besides, I have HyunSik.

MinJung: In my opinion, you and HyunSik becoming a couple is just wrong, bad choice. Nobody said that MinHyuk and you can’t be together. You said that yourself. Won’t this be fine if you just give MinHyuk a second chance? He loves you, I’m sure you know that! He may have been a little impatient before but… aren’t you being too harsh to him?

TaeRi: But HyunSik…

MinJung: You do realise that either one of them would be hurt by your decision right? It’s your happiness. If you go with HyunSik, HyunSik will be happy, you might be happy, but will suffer the pain of your past scars and your longing for MinHyuk, and MinHyuk will just be sad. If you go with MinHyuk, you and MinHyuk will be happy, you will feel sorry for HyunSik, HyunSik will be sad. But if MinHyuk and you make no mistake, he will be the one who can heal the scars that he unknowingly inflicted on you.

TaeRi: MinJung ah…

After saying that, she leaned on MinJung’s shoulder, crying. MinJung tried comforting her by patting her on the back.

It was 12AM when they finally left Han River.

MinHyuk POV

(2AM) My heart was a mess. Why did I do that to her? She is HyunSik’s girlfriend! What have I done? I tossed and turned in bed, unable to fall asleep due to the guilt. Then, I received a text message. It was TaeRi. It read: Oppa, are you asleep?

The text conversation:

MinHyuk: No, why? Anyway, I’m sorry for just now.

TaeRi: It was no big deal. I was bored. I was just thinking, should we make a trip down to the dance studio? Please keep this from HyunSik oppa, hehe.

MinHyuk: Okay, see you there. I’ll be there in 30 min.

TaeRi: See you!

 

[ A/N ] I just wanted to post another chapter before the holiday ends. Heheh. I hope you guys still like this story. Don't forget to subscribe, comment, upvote and recommend to your friends if you like it! I would be extremely grateful! Don't forget to check out my blogs too. It would be the typical mid-teens problems! I won't be updating this story for a while now. But I will check once in a while, and I will post depending on the number of views!