A body in the garden

Anastasia: Cries of the Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were a few things that did not add up. Min often found herself wandering in the theatre looking for answers for questions that did not exist…but she found herself looking for something…for answers…

 

Chanyeol denied having seeing her perform on stage.

The stranger man said that he spoke to Kai about Min’s practice on stage.

Kai stated that Chanyeol had suggested her name.

 

It was not important to know how her name got to Kai or to Yoseob…but there was a feeling of restlessness that was taking over her slowly. She had an unexplainable need to know how…why…who…

 

She did not meet the nameless man for a few weeks after the first meeting. Many a times she would enter the theatre earlier in hope to catch another glimpse of the man. But her attempts were futile.

All of them…

 

***

 

“Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps. ”

 

Kai spoke those words on the stage. Hate was acted out in those words. Due to the manipulation of Esmeralda, Claudius misunderstands Anastasia’s view on Haemon. The words were forceful and painful. And Kai had inflicted hurt towards Min.

 

Bae smiled in satisfaction as he saw the play slowly unfold into a work of pure artistic genius. Min and Kai had drowned themselves into their roles. Esmeralda was played by Suzy and Haemon by Minhyuk.

 

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.” 

 

Those words had come out naturally, pain flashing all over Anastasia’s face…pleading Claudius to believe that she did not love Haemon. Begging him to believe that she was still in love with Claudius. Imploring that she was being misunderstood…that she had to push Claudius away not because of Haemon…but because of Esmeralda….

 

The watchers were in entranced at the degree of emotions the two had displayed. The scene was almost hypnotic, not allowing their gazes to be pulled away from the two standing on stage.

 

It was now that Anastasia and Claudius were born.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter