Scaenicis

Anastasia: Cries of the Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Min was browsing through the script of Anastasia. 

It was a tragic, romance play. Brilliantly scripted, beautifully emoted. It was a pure work of art. The main character of Anastasia was a sorrowful character died being misunderstood by her lover, Claudius.

She decided to research more about the play, look at previous productions of this play and to her surprise there were not many theatres that worked on Anastasia.

It did not make sense that a work that was so exquisitely scripted to not have make as much breakthroughs to the stage.

It definitely did not make sense.

But because of that, she found herself excited to starting something that was so new, that was still a child. And she was looking forward how the script would be nurtured into something magnificent.

 

***

 

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.” 

 

Min read those words. The words were weighted with love that Anastasia felt for Claudius.

She felt her character seep into Min’s body as she closed her eyes to take a deep breath.

 

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.” 

 

The stage was empty, the theatre was empty. And it was the perfect time to assume that she was perfect for the role. She knew it would not be possible, being a new entrant, but in space of isolation of coming early, who could stop her thinking that she was Anastasia…

Anastasia must have felt threatened to a degree at she had to she push Claudius away. She must have felt herself drowning in the great sea of dilemma. To have to tear herself away from her lover, Min could only imagine the extent of pain she put herself through.

Keeping her feelings, keeping her character, keeping her situations…Min repeated those words again. Agony was felt in her voice, love was shown in her eyes, pain was felt in her heart…And she sung those words to the sweetest ability of her voice.

 

And little did she know that there was someone watching her stand on stage playing Anastasia.

 

***

 

Bae entered in the theatre a little later after Min had the stage to herself to her heart’s content.

“You are here early.” He smiled brightly when he saw Min climb off the stage.

“Well yes, I like being here early. It’s beautiful standing up there.” He subconsciously turned to look at the spot she stepped away from.

“I agree. I was once there. The stage is truly something.” He gave her a knowing smile. “Anyways, are you going to try out for Anastasia’s role?”

“I don’t know if I should.” Min mumbled.

“Well, did you even read the script?” He chuckled.

“I did actually…It’s a beautifully written.” Bae nodded in agreement. “I just wasn’t sure if I was cut out for Anastasia. And I also thought I was new, I don’t want to ruin her character with my inexperience.” She chuckled slightly.

“Oh I am sure you will be fine. Give it a try at least.” He gave her a pat and walked towards Yoseob who just entered the theatre.

 

***

 

“What do you think about Min?” He asked Kai.

“What do you mean?” Kai turned to look at him. “Do you like her?” He winked at the other.

“No I mean, she entered the theatre a little earlier and starting reciting lines from Anastasia. She seems good.”

“Do you really think they will take her in? She is new dude.” Kai laughed at the other’s words and turned to his phone texting someone.

“I really think she would play Anastasia well. You did not see her. But believe me, she is nothing like our main.”

“She is worse?” Kai laughed, with his eyes still fixed on his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter