Who are you?

Anastasia: Cries of the Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

YOU BELONG WITH ME, ANASTASIA!

Min woke up from her sleep, sweat covering her entire body, panting heavily.

Her dream nightmare was of Gikwang. His eyes were red, anger radiating from him, murder screaming from every pore. It was almost as if he did not recognise her.

“Anastasia…” There was a soft voice, and Min snapped to look at the owner. There stood the two women ghost figures.

“There is time. Help us so you can help yourself.” Fei walked closer, Jia closely following her. “The more you delay, the more you are getting hurt.” Fei spoke in a motherly tone that was beginning to warm Min’s heart rather than create a fear.

She sat on her bed and gently wrapped Min’s hurt wrist.

“Anastasia, you must understand that your role is cursed.” Min pricked up when she heard that. Cursed? What?

“All Anastasia’s that ever were alive have all been cursed. You see my ghost, when I was given the role of Anastasia I saw someone else’s ghost come to me.” Min looked at Jia who was slowly approaching her, sit on the other side of the bed. “Her name was Sunmi.” Fei’s gaze was far, in reminiscence. “Like how I am with you, she urged me to find out the cause of my sufferings.” Fei momentarily glanced at Jia.

“At first we all blame Jia for everything, we thought that she was jealous of me.” Fei looked down in guilt.

“I was jealous.” Jia spoke up for the first time. “I was jealous that she was close to lead singer. And never at a point did I consciously want to harm Fei.”

“Conciously?” Min asked.

“Yes, consciously.” Jia glanced at Fei. “But I did hurt her. Physically, emotionally, mentally, I hurt Fei. But I never wanted to.”

“Then why did you?”

“I-I…I don’t know.” Jia stuttered. “I felt as if there was someone controlling me.”

“We don’t know why Jia was like that, that’s why we urge to find out the reasons so you can protect yourself.”

“How?” Min’s voice was small and soft. She was now beginning to get scared.

“We don’t know. But at every step, know that we will be there to help you against Gikwang. We may not be powerful enough to stop him, but many a time we can help you escape from his violence.” Fei patted Min’s shoulder.

“Is…is Gikwang bad?”

There was a silence.

“I think so.”

Min hesitantly took a deep breath.

 

 

 

“There is one week left, we can do this!” Bae was standing in the middle of the stage, giving his motivating speech.

“The promotions have been receiving great response and many people are really looking forward to watching this play.” Min looked up to see Kai, who was resting his arm on her shoulder giving her his infamous smirk.

“I bet it’s me.” He whispered.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” She grinned. Kai grinned back to her.

“I think we make a good couple.” He changed the subject.

“Oh really?” She could hear his teasing voice, but when she heard his words…she could not help but tense at the thought. An image of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter