Insomnium

Anastasia: Cries of the Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Min lay awake on her bed, staring at the ceiling...

 

Ever since she found Gikwang, nothing happened. It was as if he was her protector, guardian angel. And she was thankful for that. 

 

But that was not the reason why she was awake. 

She could still not understand why she could feel Gikwang. Fei and Jia told her that a person could not touch ghosts. They would simply feel a cold breeze. But with Gikwang, there presence of the cold breeze was there but...it was as if she could feel him. 

 

Was it her mind? Was she over thinking? She could not tell the difference. 

 

She tried asking Gikwang a few times when she would enter the theatre early, like how she is used to. But he would dismiss it as nothing important. 

 

Now that she resumed coming to the theatre early because she knew Gikwang would be waiting for her there, she had felt him come closer to her. Sometimes brushing their fingers together, sometimes their shoulders touching while standing together...were those touches all breezes?

 

Min did not know.

It was as if reality had become stage of confusion. 

 

 

***

 

Min entered the theatre.

It was nice to come back to the feeling. The ghosts and threats she heard no longer haunted her. The production date was nearing and the team was simply going through the whole play once or twice during practice times. 

Everything was fitting together. 

And the excitement Min felt was increasing alongwith her nervousness with every progressing day. 

 

"Nervous?" Min smiled when she heard his voice. 

"Yeah." She turned around and saw the ghost walking towards her. 

"Don't be. You will be fine." He smiled. "I will be watching over you." 

 

She gazed into his eyes. There was an unknown emotion residing in his eyes. She wanted to identify it, but she was to scared to. What if it wasn't that? What if she was just being illusionary? 

 

"I know." 

 

 

***

 

"Do you want m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter