Chrysanthemum

Anastasia: Cries of the Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Yoseob found Min sitting on the floor, curled up, crying silently. 

 

"Min!" Panic was running through his vains. "Min! What happened?" He ran closer to the crying figure and wrapped his arms around her. 

"Yoseob..." She muttered. "Y-Yos-seob..." She whispered crying even more. 

"Shh...it's okay Min." He gently pat her back, trying to console the weeping person. "I am here Min. It's okay." His voice was soft. The comfort Min found, it led her to cry more. 

 

Her incident with Suzy...the ghosts returning...what was happening? 

 

Yoseob gently lift her face to see her, but only to be shocked by a sharp red cheek. 

"Min?" His voice grew hard. "What happened? Who did this to you?" Her face was now in his hands, tears rolling down her puffed cheeks. "Min. Please tell me..." He pleaded.

Seeing Min hurt like this, it killed him. It tore him from the inside. 

"Y-Yoseob..." She stuttered through her tears. 

"Yes Min. Tell me..." His face softened...seeing Min that leaned towards his help, wanting to talk to him... "What happened Min?" 

 

 

"Please take me home..." She spoke with a slight crack in her voice, leaving Yoseob stunned by her words.

He did not say anything, and silently helped her to his car and drove her home.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoseob could not sleep that night.

 

Min's tears kept him awake.

What happened? Why was Min crying? Why was her cheek red? Did something happen? Did someone beat her? 

 

He tossed and turned in his bed.  

 

He did not get any sleep that night. 

 

 

***

 

 

Yoseob entered the theatre early that day.

He immidiately felt Min's absence. 

 

He walked towards the make-up room to see was perhaps she was there. 

But instead he found a bouquet of white flowers.

 

Chrysanthemum

 

His curiousity took over and he walked towards the bouquet wanting to know who it came from. 

 

But there was no card, nothing to tell him who it came from. 

His jealousy and insecurity was flowing. 

Who was this person? 

Who was the competition? 

 

Yoseob sighed and left the room to wait for Min outside. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Are you okay?" Kai asked Min as he noticed Min's puffy, red eyes when she got on the stage. 

"I am fine...thanks." She mumbled quietly, with her head down not wanting anyone else to see her state of fear. 

"If you say so..." Kai mumbled and looked in front. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Who gave those to you?" 

Min turned to see where he was pointing. It was the large bouquet of white flowers. 

"I don't know." She shrugged when she saw no note, no card...nothing. 

"That's wierd." Kai sat down on the chair and started eating his food that Min packed for him that day. "Maybe you have an admirer noona." He playfully teased Min. 

"I will really shove that spoon up your nose." Min broke into a small grin, making Kai happy that he managed to uplift Min's spirits. 

"Why? Noona~" He teased even more. 

"Come here! You!" Kai got up and started running with the food, and not far behind Min was chasing him with a fat grin plastered on her face. 

 

Yoseob watched the two run in contentment. Although he did not know what happened yesterday, although he did not know who those flowers came from...seeing Min happy made him feel lighter. 

 

He smiled before leaving the two to their childish Tom and Jerry game. 

 

 

***

 

 

"I heard that Chrysanthemum means honesty and clarity." Seohyun smiled at Min. 

Min nodded at the small piece of information Seohyun gave her. 

 

The crew was helping the art department with the setting of the stage. There was only one week left. And the pressure was now dawning upon everyone. 

 

"I think the person who sent those flowers really is means that he sees a clear future with you?" Seohyun grinned at Min. "Or maybe he wants you to know that he is honest with his feelings towards you?" Seohyun observed the now blushing Min. 

 

"You are very lucky Min." Seohyun smiled. "If only the person wrote who it was from..." 

 

 

If only...

 

 

Min smiled.

 

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter