I'm sorry Minseok

I tried to forget you

Minseok had managed to avoid the usual areas of the city where EXO were spotted for about a week. Of course, his only wish was for him to never see Luhan again, but that was easier said than done.

He tried to avoid Luhan, but Luhan had other ideas. That’s what made it so hard, no matter how much Minseok told Luhan how much it hurt him to talk to him, Luhan never understood.

And somehow, Minseok was playing along with Luhan’s “game” again. It was always a game, and it always would be. So why, when Luhan asked to meet up at a local café, did Minseok agree.

And WHY did Minseok actually turn up?

 

Minseok walked in through the familiar doors once again, but for different reasons than the last time he was there.

It was Hana’s café.

As soon as he spotted Luhan’s straight, brown hair sticking up from behind a bush, it made his heart burn. It happened too fast for Minseok to register what he was actually doing, so until after he did it, Minseok didn’t realise that he had just walked over to the other man and sat down opposite him.

It was too late to get up and walk away, because Luhan had already pounced on him.

“I see you actually turned up. Thank you, that means a lot to me” Luhan smiled sweetly and blinked multiple times.

Of course he had to play that card, now Minseok couldn’t say what was on his mind, or leave, because he would feel bad if he did that.

All of the things Luhan had done to Minseok hurt him, but Minseok couldn’t bring himself to do the same to Luhan.

“Yeah, but I came to settle our differences, nothing more” he said looking away from the table and trying to avoid eye contact. It was hard, because he could feel the gaze from the younger man burning him. No, he could last a while longer without falling for Luhan’s tricks.

“Fine, whatever you want” Luhan said smiling again, but this time Minseok let in. He turned and stared into Luhan’s eyes, which surprised both of them.

Luhan’s eyes were like bottomless pits that Minseok could get lost in, and stare into them for hours without noticing the time passing by. With Luhan, Minseok felt everything was possible. NO, Minseok wouldn’t do any more stupid things again. He had learnt his lesson, Luhan liked to play games, and Minseok WOULD NOT be his toy again.

Luhan opened his mouth slightly and Minseok moved his gaze to Luhan’s face which was turning slightly pink.

Minseok laughed nervously, and swallowed before asked a question he had been dying to ask since…. Forever.

“What about Sehun, and the rest of EXO, how are they doing?” Minseok looked away and covered his cheeks with his hands. He felt scared that they would have forgotten him, or worse, that they hated him. But he had to ask, of course, it was only polite, Minseok really didn’t care how they were.

Luhan jumped a little at the sudden question and leant down on his hand to stare at Minseok.

“Sehun’s good, you know, we were forced to hang out after you left, for fan service of course. Umm” He was also startled to see that Minseok’s face had just got a little brighter after he had said that, but it might just be the lighting in the café.

“EXO, well, they’re… EXO?” Luhan said, unsure of what else to say

Minseok motioned for him to expand on his answer a little

“Kris he’s still the leader of M, he’s good. Tao, well, he’s grown up now, it’s strange remembering when you used to be there, he was so small, and hardly understood why you left.” Luhan swallowed and looked away too, both of them felt very awkward.

“Lay and Chen, sorry, Yixing and Jongdae are good, Jongdae used to talk about you since you were best friends. He even thought about looking for you after you left, but he never got round to it”

“Uhuh, well I can’t say I’m disappointed” Minseok said looking at the table, he felt terrible saying something like that, but that was how he felt.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin are still best friends, oh Minseok, try separating them, you will never hear the end of it” Luhan laughed.

Why did it hurt Minseok to see Luhan so happy. How could he feel like that after breaking someone’s heart.

“Joonmyeon is a great leader of K, he is still a bit scared of everything though, other than that he is the perfect leader. Then Chanyeol and Baekhyun, well I swear there is something going on between them.” Luhan looked at Minseok, who was still staring at the table with immense curiosity.

“is that enough” Luhan asked tapping Minseok on the shoulder

Minseok jumped slightly and looked up into Luhan’s eyes once again, he didn’t even realise that he had been crying, until a pale hand moved across the table towards his face.

“Don’t touch me” Minseok crying and pushed his chair backwards to be as far away from Luhan as he possible could

“Geez, sorry” Luhan said, his hand springing back.

Minseok could feel his cheeks heating up, and before long, they had turned an attractive shade of pink.

Luhan laughed and shook his head while Minseok scowled at the table once again.

 

“Hey Hana, your friend is here” Minseok’s eyes darted up to see a mass of lime green hair walking away from the other waitress. He opened his mouth to speak and stared at Luhan.

“Hey Minnie” Hana said as she was getting closer to the table… Luckily Luhan was still behind the bush, if only he could make sure Hana didn’t see him. If she saw Luhan she would realise who Minseok was, it was better if she didn’t know.

“I heard that Luhan guy met Xiumin in a building close to the shop, he actually acted like nothing had happened between them” She was getting closer, and Luhan’s eyes were open incredibly wideas he listened to her

“He didn’t know how much he had tortured the poor guy for years, I heard he had to go to a counsellor-“ Minseok sighed as Hana turned the corner and was face to face with Luhan, who was looking slightly embarrassed.

“wow, isn’t this..” Hana clapped her hand to and bowed to Luhan, her cheeks were now bright red too.

“Hana, it’s fine. He needs to know how some people feel” Minseok said, and spat out the last few words glaring at Luhan.

“Wait” Hana said backing away and pointing at Minseok, but was interrupted by Luhan.

“Xiuminnie” he said looking upset “what does she mean?”

“Xiuminnie?” Hana said looking shocked “Omo, I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise… and all those things I said”

“It’s fine Hana, it was better when you didn’t know” Minseok said and continued glaring at Luhan, if only people murder, or at least mortally wound others just by looking at them. Then Luhan would have been dealt with a long time ago.

Luhan asked his question again

“What Hana said was true, but you didn’t care, no-one cared about how I felt. I was just the toy Luhan threw away. I hurt every day, because not only did I lose my first love, I lost my entire world. and you lost your chance to be sorry a long time ago. Do you understand now how much I hate you”

Minseok was crying by the time he finished the sentence, and Hana looked towards Luhan apologetically, and then ran to Minseok’s side, wiping his cheeks with her sleeve.

All Luhan could do was stare at the small man who was now in tears, he couldn’t even move

“I’m sorry” he whispered and wiped his cheek, which he was surprised to find was completely dry.

“Take me home” Minseok said to Hana, who then nodded and helped him to stand up

“I’m sorry” Luhan said again, and began shaking, but the pair were already walking away from the table

Luhan could feel his heart stinging, he didn’t want Minseok to feel that way towards him. He got up from the chair and pushed it backwards, making a terrible screeching noise.

“I’m sorry” he said once again, reaching out a hand to grab onto Minseok’s shoulder, but he dropped his hand and looked at the ground.

“I really am” he said, and tears began falling down onto the tiles below him, this time he meant it.

 

(A/N) quick little update.... It might have some mistakes in it, since I wrote it very quickly.

I hope you like it anyway though :)