Minseok makes a friend

I tried to forget you

Minseok could feel something warm rolling down his cheek.

He raised his hand and violently wiped his eys making them sting even more.

“How can he not recongise me, has he forgotten so quickly” Minseok whispered to himself and raised the hood of his jacket to take it off his head.

He choked back more tears as he found himself shaking and clutching his wrist.

He had to leave this area very quickly before people started noticing him, like they always did. They would first stare, then point, whisper and sometimes even laugh. They would react that way to the tears, of course, men didn’t usually cry around here.

But they never asked if he was ok, no, he was just some unusual creature that took the form of a man, something that “real” people could use as a joke. Minseok hated them.

But strangly enough he didn’t hate the attention as much as the fact that people never recognised him.

The first few weeks after leaving  exo a few school girls would ask him to sign various things for them. But soon it stopped, he was the forgotten member, so easily picked up and then pushed away. He had got a taste for fame, and then it all turned sour.

But Minseok had learnt not to care anymore, he was persuaded to not care, well really he was told not to.

From the same man he would have to go and talk to eventually that day.

The little man looked into his hand too see the coins that the devil himself Luhan had given him, not even enough for a taxi. His only option was to catch the next bus.

 

 

Minseok checked his watch, eyes almost bursting out of their sockets when he saw the time. That was his bus that Luhan just left on. He was so distracted he had forgotten all about it.

Minseok hit his head and pouted.

He shuffled over to the bus timetable keeping his head low, and trying not to be noticed as his face was red and puffy.

“11:25” He read out slowly. It took a while for it to sink in. It was only 10:40.

“that means…. I’LL HAVE TO WALK” he said sulkily, and pouted again.

More people, more energy, more walking. The three things Minseok hated most.

But it was something that had to be done, so he started walking off.

He pulled his hood over his face again, and clutching his bag began walking.

The only downside to that plan was, it was harder for him to see where he was going.

After a few minutes of walking Minseok realised he had come to a famous shopping area in this district.

More people again. But luckily Minseok managed to avoid most of them.

The came more walking, and more, and more, and even more. Minutes passed, until it felt like Minseok had been walking for days. He checked his watch, 11:31, the bus maybe would have been worth it after all.

The little man felt as if his legs were going to snap at any moment. He would have to sit down soon, but he was only a few minutes away from the building his appointement was in.

No, he would sit down to restore his energy, with… Coffee

As soon as Minseok saw a good looking coffe shop he ran into it with incredible speed for someone who was tired. He looked like a kid in a candy store.

After many seemingly endless nights alone in his apartment, Minseok had taken to drinking Coffee to pick him up. So much that he soon developed a “passion” for the drink. He could spend hours choosing which brand to buy ect, and then even longer savouring the taste.

His eyes opened wide as he saw the prices, but he still had the money Luhan had given him. Just enough to buy Minseok’s favourite drink.

Minseok walked up to the counter eyes still fixed on the list of drinks, as he turned to the cashier to order, he noticed something odd.

The cashier was a young girl, about his age with bright green hair and dark almost black eyes. She looked very embarrassed and shy, her face was bright red.

She was smiling at him, actually smiling. There was a stranger standing in front of him and she was smiling at him.

Minseok knew it was only part of her job, but not a single person had smiled at him like that in years, that was a genuine, friendly smile.

“Americano, please” He sid unsure of how to resond to her expression

“y-yes, sir, I’ll just…” She turned bright red and turned around to tell the order to the person making the coffee, but tripped over something behind her.

Minseok heard someone begin laughing when the girl turned around again and bowed to Minseok with an even redder face.

“are you ok?” Minseok said before he could stop himself. He had never heard himself speak so loud or with that tone in his voice.

Was this girl helping him to become the Kim Minseok he was before he met Luhan?

“Yes, I am fine, thank you for being concerned for me sir”

 

 

 

Once Minseok got his order he went to sit down in a seat that was…. In the middle of the café?

It was not at the back, hidden in the shadows like where he usually sat.

All because someone smiled at him? Minseok picked up his drink, but immediately regretted it. It was boiling, and burnt his tounge.

“Hot” Minseok said in English, and put the cup down again.

“Are you ok?” A voice from behind him said

“Y-yes” Minseok replied realising who it was.

The girl from before pointed to the chair opposite minseok and sat down.

“I’m Hana” She said smiling again

“Kim Minseok” Minseok replied and held out his hand.

Hana began lauhing and shook it. Minseok stared at her, never had someone looked so happy to be with him.

“I’ve never met someone so… professional before. Tell me, how many times have you tried to shake hands with a girl” She said laughing again.

Minseok felt the corner of his lips move upwards. What was this? What was his mouth doing? It felt unnatural, but not forced.

Kim Minseok was smiling.

“I don’t know any” He replied, and then he made a noise he had not made in a long time. It came from the back of his throat, at first it sounded horrible, but soon Minseok found it amazing.

He was laughing.First smiling then this.

 

 

“What? You don’t know any girls? Do you have friends at all?” She asks

“No” Minsoek replied, and she immediately looked apologetic

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She mumbled and looked at the ground.

Minseok took a deep breath. Maybe this girl was worth it, only as a friend though, he didn’t like girls in the way other guys did. He only liked guys, well, to be more exact, he liked the man who ruined his life, Luhan.

“Would you…. like to be my friend?”  There he said it, it took all of minseok’s stength, and he was so glad he said it that he didn’t even care if she declined.

Hana looked as if she had just won the lottery

“OHMYGOD!!!” she shrieked, gaining weird looks from people in the café

“yes” She grabbed minseok’s hand and and smiled the even wider than Minseok thought humanly possible.

“I…” She said looking shy again “I have a girlfriend you know” Her face turned bright red

“She’s a girl who likes girls” Minseok thought to himself “That’s good, at first I though she liked me. It would have been horrible to tell her who I liked”

“Oh, well I like this guy” Minseok began and then stopped waiting to see her expression.

Hana almost shrieked and clutched minseok’s hand tighter “Who?” she said waiting eagerly for my reply.

“Luhan” Minseok mumbled and looked down, his face burned

“THE Luhan? From exo?” she said and looked at minseok amazed. “I never liked him, they said he used a former band member, caused him a whole lot of greif, made him leave the band and everything”

I gasped and stared at her “How much do you know abaout that?” Minseok asked in an amost squeak.

“Oh, the public knows almost everything about what happened between Luhan and…” She stopped and looked confused.

Minseok sighed, knowing that she couldn’t remember the name of the “former band member”

“Xiumin” Minseok said

“Yeah, Xiumin… Anyway, I always thought what Luhan did was really horrible, and I felt so bad for Xiumin having to go through all of that” She smiled and looked down

Minseok looked shocked at her words. No one had ever felt bad for him, or thought that Luhan was being horrible. Someone… finally cared about him

“Anyway” she said smiling up at me once again “I should probably go back to work now, my breaks over”

Minseok looked up at her and smiled again. What was she doing to me, he knew he wasn’t attracted to her, she just made m so strangly happy.

Minseok watched her as she walked away, her lime greed hair soon dissapeared behind all the coffee machines, and she was back taking orders.

Minseok looked at his watch and almost choked on air as he read the time

12:13

He only had 7 minutes to get to his appointment.

He grabbed his drink that was luckily in a takeaway cup, and ran out of the store, waving to Hana as he left.

He ran all the way down the street passing many shops decorated in bright colours and hundreds of people walking in different directions.

 

 

 

It wasn’t until he got the the multi-story building that the appointment was in he realised he had a problem.

Of course, being the large building that it was there were many famous offices, plastic surgeons, dentists ect.

But never had Minseok seen it so busy.

As he walked into the ground floor he was lost into a flood of people. Everywhere he turned there would be a face way too close to him. Phone where being lifted into the air to take photos, of someone.

Probably someone famous going to a conferenc e here, it happened occationally, but not often.

The only way Minseok could get through this crowd was if he pushed his way though.

So he began gently at first, whispering “excuse me” and “sorry” a few times. But then he realised that that method wasn’t going to work, so he used a bit more force. Keeping his head low he crouched and began pushing through them.

After he had pushed through dozens of people, he felt he was almost through the crowd.

Until he felt his head connect with something soft.

Minseok straightened up and bowed as he apologised to the stranger.

But as he lifted his head up to look the person in the unfamiliar eyes, there was something strangly familiar about them.

They were the eyes he had spent so long gazing into once before. The eyes that Minseok never wanted to look into again.

“Minseok?” Luhan said turning suddenly pale

 

 

(A/N) AHHH, I'm so sorry for not updating. I'm a useless auther

I've been on holiday for Christmas, and totally forgot about this story....

I AM SO SORRY

I hope you like this chapter though, I couldn't bear to make Minseok suffer anymore, so I gave him a friend.

Everybody needs a friend right? haha

PLUS, Luhan recognised him... I didn't want to stretch out the story for too long and make it get boring quickly, so BAM, a little Xiuhan in a cliffhanger hehehehehehe. 

I'll try and update soon.... I'm on summer holidays now (Southern hemisphere ftw lol) and back home, so I can write a lot more...

Anyways, see ya, don't forget to subscribe and comment, it really helps me out :) :) :)