The cafe, and an unexpected customer

I tried to forget you

It had been almost a week since the “incident” with the television. Minseok had got it repaired (although, he might has well have just bought a new one for the same price)

He had visited his counsellor, Dr Park, and was advised to go out for a coffee and meet new people. Yes, that would take his mind off of that certain someone.

The world was full of bright, vibrant people. People who would be as interested in Minseok as Minseok was with them.

He closed the door of the large apartment building. He had been given a coupon from Dr Park for a coffee shop and café in Gangnam. It was called “cool”. It was about 30 minutes away by bus, so he was walking to the nearest bus stop.

Minseok swallowed and gripped tightly onto the satchel that hung from his right shoulder. He had always had trouble interacting with people, as he was too shy to start a conversation. He was fine if the other person asked him questions, but the other way around was just a nightmare.

Minseok always had a feeling that his friends secretly hated him. That feeling was just made stronger by….. No it was best not to think of him. It was better to forget.

Minseok pushed through the crowd of people walking in the opposite direction, and somehow managed to be stood on by many of them. When he got to the bus shelter, he noticed a teenage girl clutching a red autograph book. But he thought nothing of it. He rummaged through his pockets to look for a small green card, but it was lost inside the vast interior of Minseok’s jacket pocket. As his continued searching, he felt a small metal object. Without thinking he lifted it out to look at it. It said two names, Minseok’s, and “his” name. No matter how hard it seemed Minseok couldn’t bring himself to throw it away, it was the last thing they had as a couple, the last memory. Minseok didn’t want to live with it any longer, so he dropped it. He heard the faint clanging sound as the ring rolled away down the pavement. It stopped somewhere close by, but Minseok didn’t go to pick it up again. He felt lighter now that another burden had gone.

Minseok suddenly remembered what he was actually looking for, and after a few seconds of searching again, he finally pulled out the card. How different he was from the old Minseok that stood smiling up from the ID photo. He had finally gotten on with his life.

It took a good 10 minutes before the bus slowly rolled up to the shelter. Minseok was glad that it was a bright, sunny day, because somehow the roof of the shelter had been smashed by vandals the week before. The girl bumped into Minseokas she ran towards the opening bus doors, she turned turned to him glaring. Although Minseok knew it had been her fault, he still apologised and bowed to her.

They both passed their cards to a lazy looking, male bus driver, then took their seats.

Minseok sat in his usual single seat at the front, behind the driver. While the girl rushed to the back of the bus and was greeted by other screaming girls clutching autograph books. Minseok thought nothing of it.

He enjoyed sitting in this particular seat as it meant that he didn’t have to listen to anyone, or talk. He would just lie back listening to his ipod. That was what he intended to do right at that moment.

He pushed his headphones into his ears, and pressed the shuffle button on his ipod. “History” by EXOm blasted into his ears.

Mineok ripped them out and turned his ipod off. He would delete that song when he got home. But for now, he just sat staring out the window until he got to his destination.

The bus journey was fairly quick considering the traffic, and Minseok had got there earlier than he had expected.

When the bus pulled to a halt, the gang of girls at the back ran out, not even thanking or bowing to the driver.

Minseok stood up and walked out. On the way he thanked the driver for the journey and bowed to him. He jumped down the metal steps from the inside of the bus, and onto the pavement.

Minseok searched the shop names, until he came across the bright lettering of the word "cool". He had not gotten lost at least. So he then walked, and puched open the door.

When Minseok entered the café he noticed the girls had already made their base at a table near the back. They were still clutching their autograph booklets, and excitedly whispering among themselves.

Minseok chose seats behind a row of plants, so he wouldn’t have to look at them. It was just out of sight of the register as well, meaning that other people wouldn’t see him.

He took off his satchel and searched through it looking for the coupon Dr Park had given him. After finding it, he went up to the counter to order.

The coupon was for a coffee and a bagel. So that was what Minseok ordered. He hurried back to his seat as his food and drink was being prepared. He smiled and leaned back, he closed his eyes. He felt happy. He felt happier than he had in 4 years. Happy that he had finally forgotten him.

That was until he heard the door of the shop open.

 

He took no notice of the sound of the door opening. He just brushed it away, as it was a normal sound to be hearing in a café. Then the screaming started.

The group of girls sitting down the far end of the shop started screaming at the top of their lungs.

Minseok turned his head around and was ready to tell them to be quiet, when through the bushes he saw the back of a head.

The short blonde hair was perfectly in place. It was straight and blonde, obviously dyed though.

Minseok for a moment thought that he recognised the man. But he shook away the thought. It couldn’t be, as he was never without his second half nowadays.

One of the girls ran up to the man, she shook his hand and passed him one of the books. He reached into the pocket of his suit pants and pulled out a pen. With a quick flick of his hand he was finished.

The girl closed the book, bowed to him then went to re-join her gang. She was jumping up and down as she returned, and one of her friends was fanning herself with the menu as she had turned bright red.

Minseok smiled at the thought of his teenage years. He remembered when he was in High School, and his dream was to meet his idol. He never got to accomplish that goal, but he was happy that one girl had managed to do hers.

 

It seemed almost in slow motion, as the door of the café opened once again, and in walked someone that Minseok definitely recognised. He walked in like something out of a movie, his soft, brown hair blowing in the wind. His eyes were fixed on the blonde haired man waiting at the counter.

The girls screamed once more, but over them Minseok heard the soft voice of the blonde haired man say to the one who just entered “Hello Luhan”

 

(A/N)

This chapter took way too long to write. I kept rewriting it, and rewriting it.

I'm still not happy about the way it is now, but it seemed better for the story to go like this instead of what else I had in mind...

I hope you enjoyed, and I will try and update again soon