Channel 3

I tried to forget you

Kim Minseok sat with his coffee. As usual he sat on his floor with his knees tucked up to his chest, and his coffee in one hand. He gulped down the last bit of the creamy brown liquid and smiled to himself.

He reached over to pick up the television remote that was sitting on the sofa next to him. He pressed one button and the television flickered to life.

Like always there was nothing good on. Most of the channels were on commercial breaks, a couple were playing cartoons, and on channel three there was a music show.

Never in four years had Minseok pressed the third button. All of the other numbers had faded gradually as Minseok obsessed over the useless channels. He had pressed them all well over 100 times, and that was in the last week alone.

But there was something different about channel three. Minseok had pressed it once, well over four years ago. But it was only to watch an interview with someone, someone who only brought him pain.

After watching it for a few minutes, all those years ago, Minseok flicked the power button on the television. He had curled up in a ball on the sofa, and not moved for hours. He had snuggled into the fabric cushions and cried. He had cried until his eyes were red and sore. He had cried until he forgot, forgot about that one person.

But this particular day, when Minseok sat on the floor, holding his coffee. He had aimed for the button marked 2. But his finger slipped, and as fast as lightning the unused button was pressed.

The television set lit up, and there on the screen, he sat, smiling into the camera. His pearly white teeth glistened in the bright lighting of the studio. He said one sentence “We are EXO, we are one”. Minseok felt his heart explode, and without thinking he grabbed the coffee cup and hurled it at the television.

The face smiling at the camera shattered into tiny pieces and the hole that replaced it spewed sparks out onto the carpet. He had been going so well, but now he felt four whole years of pain returning to him as his heart felt heavy, and his throat hurt with the effort of trying not to cry.

He HAD been going so well.

 

(A/N)

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

I will try and update asap, as well as updating my other fic :)