Ice Cream

Unexpected You! [Hiatus]

“Myungsoo, I’ve found a driving tutor for you.” Youngjun said as they were on their way back to the dormitory one day. Five heads turned towards Myungsoo at once and the lad grimaced. “Yes?”

“You’re learning how to drive?” Woohyun gawked.

“I’ve always want to take a license.” Myungsoo rebuked. “When is the first lesson, hyung?”

“Next Tuesday afternoon.”

“Okay. Thanks hyung.” Myungsoo replied.

“What’s wrong with him taking the exam? I can’t be the only one licensed in the group.” Dongwoo added.

“Besides, it’s going to be useful when he takes up more acting jobs.” Sungyeol snickered. Myungsoo rolled his eyes at his best friend. “Shut up.” He mouthed and the lanky boy turned his head cheekily away.

“Hyung, can you drop me off at the road junction?” Myungsoo requested suddenly.

“Why?” Youngjun looked into the front mirror.

“Sungyeol and I are meeting some friends for coffee.” Myungsoo eyed Sungyeol, who stirred up at once. “Hmm, yeah hyung. We’re meeting Jongup and Kyungsoo.” He said sheepishly.

“At this time?” Sunggyu frowned.  

“Yep. They just ended their practice.” Myungsoo replied. “Hyung, drop us here please.”

Youngjun pulled the vehicle to a stop and turned behind. “Give me a call afterwards, I can pick you up.”

“It’s alright, hyung. We’ll hail a taxi back.” He said to his groupmates as he waited for Sungyeol to alight from the vehicle.

“Have fun.” Hoya waved.

The van left with Sungyeol looking at Myungsoo. “So, where are you going?” he asked curiously.

“Movies.” Myungsoo grinned and pulled on his cap and face mask. “Oh no, I’m so late. See you later, bro.” He waved.

“Oi! Look out!” Sungyeol yelled. Myungsoo saw the approaching car and doubled his speed. The driver honked angrily at him. “Tired of living?”

“Sorry!” Myungsoo apologized and got out of the way.

“Be careful, will you!” Sungyeol bellowed across the street.

“Yes, yes. See you!” Myungsoo waved. Sungyeol shook his head and walked in the opposite direction while Myungsoo headed for the theater.

The ringtone sounded in his pocket. Myungsoo looked at the screen and pressed the answer button. “Where are you?” His lips curled upward upon hearing her sullen voice.

“I just reached the cinema, where are you?” Myungsoo arrived at the cinema and spotted Jiyeon’s big neon pink bag. She was carrying popcorn and soft drink.

“I’m in front of the ticketing office. I don’t see you.” Jiyeon complained. Myungsoo saw her looking around the cinema.

“What are you wearing?” Myungsoo asked. He was careful not to be seen by her.

“Mm… I’m wearing a shirt and-” Myungsoo interrupted her by wrapping his arms around her waist. “Gotcha!” “YIKES!” Jiyeon shrieked and popcorn spilled out of the paper container. Instinctively she grabbed and bit her assailant’s arm.

Myungsoo stepped back at once and shouted. “Ow! It’s me, your boyfriend!”

“Get away from me!” Jiyeon retorted and pelted more popcorn at him. Exasperated, Myungsoo removed his face mask. “Do you recognize me now?”  

Jiyeon blinked and grimaced. “Why are you dressed like this?”

“Otherwise, people will recognize me.” Myungsoo replied. 

The commotion attracted several patrons staring and pointing at them. “Couple tiff again.” Someone shook her head.

“Do you need help?” A staff rushed to them.

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” Myungsoo replied.

“I’m sorry for the mess.” Jiyeon apologized to the staff while Myungsoo turned away, looking pissed. “No worries.” The staff said kindly and went to clear the mess.

“Are you okay?” Jiyeon asked quietly. Myungsoo scowled and rubbed his arm sorely. “You have to stop bitting anyone who approaches you. There is a bite mark now.” He complained.

Jiyeon examined the mark closely. “I’m sorry.”  

“What about a kiss?” Myungsoo suggested.

Jiyeon narrowed her eyes and turned away. “Ow… My arm hurts badly…” Myungsoo whined. She spun around and saw the boyfriend pointing his lips brazenly. Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

“I’m going to tell the world that you attacked the famous idol. See what my fans do to you.” Myungsoo took out his handphone and threatened.

“Fine, alright.” Jiyeon leaned closer and gave him a peck on his cheek.

“Only this?” Myungsoo pouted. Without hesitation, he pulled her in for a kiss.

“Are you out of your mind? People are staring at us.” Jiyeon hissed.

“We haven’t met for a week. Don’t you miss me? I miss you, you know.” Myungsoo stated boldly. Though Jiyeon appeared to return his kiss unwillingly, Jiyeon enjoyed his lips touching hers.

“Come on, the movie’s starting.” Myungsoo nudged Jiyeon. “What?” She exclaimed.

“Go get more popcorn, I’ll wait for you at the entrance.” Myungsoo said.

“Why me?” Jiyeon grumbled.

“You spilled them all earlier.” Myungsoo pointed out and passed her some money. “I want sweet please. Go!” He added.

Sourly, Jiyeon took the money and strutted off to the food counter.

*****

Myungsoo squirmed and held the popcorn container even tighter. “Is this a horror movie?” he asked and Jiyeon nodded. Her eyes were fixed at the screen, intrigued by what is going to happen next.

BOOM!

“AHHH!” Myungsoo yelled and lunged at his girlfriend. Jiyeon stared at him in disblief and recoiled from him. “Look what you did.” She brushed the popcorn off her pants.

Myungsoo did not reply and turned away. “You are scared of horror movies?” Jiyeon asked. The boy squirmed as the movie character got beheaded.

“Crap. When is this going to end?” he whispered.  

“Another hour? The movie only just started.” Jiyeon shrugged. Myungsoo swallowed and huddled closer to her.

Jiyeon noticed his uncomfortableness. The poor boy sat really stiff, finally she could not take it, stood up and nudged him to get on his feet.

Myungsoo was startled. “I thought you want to watch the movie?”

Jiyeon gave him a look. “I think it’s kinda horrid. Let’s go for ice cream.” She suggested.  

The pair arrived at the ice cream parlour. “What do you want? My treat.” Jiyeon pointed a ice cream flavour.  

“No way am I letting you pay.” Myungsoo said.  

“Fine, thank you boss. I want raspberry.” Jiyeon grinned.

Myungsoo scowled at her cheekiness. “Can I have a raspberry and a triple chocolate?” He told the staff and took out his wallet. “Jiyeon ah-” As soon as he turned around with the ice cream cones, Jiyeon had disappeared. He looked around the store but she was not anywhere. “Geez, where did she go?”

Myungsoo came out of the store and found the girl in front of an accessory stall. Quietly, he stood beside her.

As if sensing his presence, Jiyeon turned. “Oh Oppa, how do I look? Doesn’t this match my outfit?”

Myungsoo took a look at her pink studded headband. “Hmm…”

“What about this?” The lady boss recommended a hair clip.

“How?” Jiyeon pinned on her hair and asked again.

Myungsoo shook his head.

Jiyeon removed the hair pin and returned it to the vendor. “Thank you.” She said and took her ice cream cone from Myungsoo.

“Actually that pink headband looks nice on you.”  

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “What-” Her words were cut as Myungsoo reached out and wiped a dab of ice cream off her nose with his thumb. The momentary contact sent jolt of sparks down her nerves and Jiyeon’s heart thumped louder. Smirking, Myungsoo the ice cream off his thumb.

Jiyeon gagged. “What did you do that for?” she hissed.

“What?” Myungsoo pretended dumb. “Oh, I don’t want to waste the delicious ice cream.” He took another bite of his chocolate ice cream.

“ert.” Jiyeon stated.

“Admit it, you were intrigued by the ert me.” Myungsoo leaned closer and whispered into her ears. Jiyeon’s face turned redder.

“Did not!” Jiyeon smacked his arm but Myungsoo caught her hand first. “Okay, okay. Stay cool, baby. I don’t want to go back with bruises because of you.”

“Why did you do that for?” Jiyeon hissed.

“I don’t have tissue with me now.” Myungsoo explained. Jiyeon gave him a look. “Okay, okay. I won’t do it next time.” He continued.

“Fair enough.” Jiyeon replied.

“I will the ice cream with my tongue.” Myungsoo stuck out his tongue and took off before Jiyeon could retaliate.  

“Yah disgusting fellow!” Jiyeon yelled.

Myungsoo’s cape fell off at the same time as he ran and laughed like a hyena.

“Isn’t that the idol?” Someone asked.

“Where?”

“There! That's really him!”

“Park Jiyeon… Aren’t you coming?” The idol shouted from a distance.

Jiyeon turned around. “Myung-, no, oppa stay there!” She called and ran after him.