After-Party

Unexpected You! [Hiatus]

Jiyeon was sitting among the audience when the lights gradually dimmed. Music started playing in the background. Beautiful and skinny models began strutting down the runway, dressed in what represents that coming seasons’ trendiest and glamorous clothing. Jiyeon watched in awe, snapping pictures whenever a design captures her eye.

“I can have Secretary Han deliver the clothes later.” A voice whispered excitedly and Jiyeon scowled at the man beside her.

“Nope…” She uttered icily. Mr. Park grew silent and moved stealthily in his chair. He took out his phone and sent a message.  

The fashion show lasted for half an hour. Shortly, all the models reappeared and walked catwalk. After the last model disappeared, a tall and slim attractive lady dressed in a black frock and a cream vest sauntered confidently to the centre of the runway. Jiyeon joined the audience and clapped heartily to welcome the current popular fashion designer, Park Hyomin.

A male staff went up to gift the designer a bouquet of flowers. She graciously accepted the flowers and gave a gratitude bow. The audience broke into rapturous applause. Afterwards, Jiyeon went backstage to look for the famous designer.

The young woman was talking on the phone when she saw Jiyeon waiting outside the dressing room. Her lips curled up as she waved. “I’ll see you later.” She hung up her call and walked towards Jiyeon happily with open arms.

“Congratulations, unni! The show was awesome!” Jiyeon grinned.

“Yah Jiyeonie! When did you come back?” Hyomin hugged the girl tightly.

“Few days ago… This is souvenir for you.” Jiyeon handed her a gift bag.

“To commemorate your first trip..?” Hyomin chortled as she took out a red and orange striped bikini from the paper bag. “Wow, it’s lovely.”

“I knew you’ll love it.” Jiyeon said. “I bought from the seaside. It’s so cheap that I bought one for myself too.”

“I see… You received a swimsuit too.” A voice chuckled. The girls looked behind and saw Jiyeon’s father standing at the doorway.

“Where did you go?” Jiyeon frowned. 

“I was on the line.” He replied. “How are you, my beautiful niece?”

“Samchon…” Hyomin greeted. “What do you mean? Jiyeon bought you swimwear from Australia?”

Mr. Park passed his daughter a look. “Nah, she bought nothing for me. All I got from her is a bag of nougats.”

Hyomin guffawed.

Jiyeon puckered her lips. “I did ask if you want any souvenirs from Australia. You said you wished for nothing except me coming back so I bought nothing.”

Mr. Park sighed loudly. “My daughter’s a big bully.” He remarked.

“I’ve no comment.” Hyomin said. Jiyeon started bickering with her father. Smirking, Hyomin walked away to pack her stuff. She had learned when to steer out of their random squabbling.

The argument ended promptly as the man’s phone rang. He went to a corner to pick up the call while the cousins chatted at the dressing table heartily.

A staff knocked on the door and poked her head in. “Unni, the car’s waiting outside… Good evening, president…” She made eye contact with the man.

“Thanks, Cho. I’ve packed the clothes, could you bring them to the van?” Hyomin said, pointing at the rack of clothes. The assistant nodded.

“Samchon, are you coming?” Hyomin asked.

Mr. Park covered the mouthpiece of his tablet phone and glanced at the girls. “Sorry, I’ve to go back to the office later. Why don’t you two go ahead?” He turned his attention to the phone.

“Let’s go…” Hyomin beckoned. Jiyeon picked up her purse from the table and walked to the door.

A moment later, Mr. Park called her niece’s name. “Are you still there, Hyomin?” The girl poked her head back through the door.

“Yes, samchon?”

“Keep an eye on her.” Mr. Park said softly.

“I will.” Hyomin nodded and disappeared. The man continued his conservation with the caller.   

Jiyeon was waiting outside the dressing room. “What did he say?”

“He wants me to watch over you.” Hyomin said.

“Why am I not surprised?” Jiyeon let out a sigh.

“Don’t drink too much later huh.” Hyomin advised.

“Geez, unni. I’m a good drinker okay!” Jiyeon complained as she hooked her cousin’s arm and strode to the parking lot.

-----

“Why are we here, hyung?” Dongwoo asked as they passed the security check and entered the night club. They recognized some celebrated models and greeted their fellow celebrity friends on the way.

Sunggyu opened his mouth to reply but his voice was drowned by the loud club music and chattering.

“I can’t hear you, hyung. You’ve to speak louder.” Dongwoo raised his voice. Desperate, he signalled the members to follow him.

“It’s going to be fun.” Woohyun smirked as they cut across the dance hall. “We’ll meet many models and celebs.” He said excitedly.

Myungsoo gave him a stony face. His only concern was to finish the event, go home and tucked himself warmly in his bed.

The boys finally reached the party venue, a wing separated from the main hall. Young and energetic men and women were dancing to the loud music. They found an empty high table and staked as theirs. Dongwoo and Hoya made their way to the dance floor first. The rest stood around with their drinks and finger food. Occasionally someone they know will come over their table to say hi.

Myungsoo was watching the pretty DJ perform scratching the turntables. She was admirable. Every scratch she did was perfectly timed and fitted the music.

Sungyeol gave out a cry. “Remarkable. I could never reach her standard.” He commented. Previously Sungyeol had performed deejay in the recent concert.

“Yea...” Sungjong agreed.

“She seems like our age.” Myungsoo remarked, craning his neck and glanced around. He thought he had heard a familiar name being called. However, he did not see anyone he recognizes. 

“Do manager hyungs know we are here?” Sungjong questioned.

“Yea, they know.” Sunggyu answered, scanning the area for his friend. “The company gave us an invitation card.” 

“Who are you looking for?” Sungyeol asked.

“Hot babe…” Woohyun thought the boy was talking to him and answered distractedly.

From the moment he entered the party, he had been eyeing for any hot chick and finally narrowed to one target. The red-haired girl had just entered the party again. He had thought of a perfect pickup line as he eyed her take a drink from a waiter and walked towards them.

“How do I look?” Woohyun checked his appearance subconsciously and asked Sungjong.

“Greasy.” The maknae replied, sipping his drink. Woohyun scowled.   

Sunggyu said, pointing in a direction. “There she is. Hey big designer, Park Hyomin-sshi…” He called her name in a sing song manner.

The smile faded from Woohyun’s face. Hyung knows her?!?

The lady squinted at them and gave a surprise yelp. “Sunggyu, I thought you guys couldn’t come?”

“Sorry, we couldn’t attend your show. We had a schedule beforehand.” Sunggyu explained.

Hyomin looked at the dashing boys standing behind him. “Hello! Pleasure meeting all of you…” She greeted.

“This is Park Hyomin, the current top designer of Wonstar Fashion.” Hyomin looked flustered by his introduction.

“No, I’m not.” She said hastily.

“You’re too modest.” Sunggyu chuckled as he introduced the members. “You already know Myungsoo and Sungyeol last time when they modelled for your collection. This is Sungjong and-” 

“I’m Woohyun.” The boy smiled coyly, offering a handshake. Hyomin gave a hesitant look but shook his hand nevertheless.

“Yea, that’s Woohyun…” Sunggyu muttered, noting the abrupt change in his behaviour. “Hoya and Dongwoo are conquering the dance floor at the moment.”

Hyomin glanced in the direction he was pointing and laughed. The dance floor had turned into a battlefield for the better dancers in the party. Hoya was dancing solo to Chris Brown’s song. Everyone was mesmerized by his moves and cheered madly. Dongwoo was the

“He’s really good.” Hyomin remarked. “Thanks for coming everyone.” She added appreciatively.

“No problem.” Woohyun answered. All the members stared at him in disbelief.  

Hyomin laughed out loud. “Right…” She saw her staff signalling across the dance floor. “Please excuse me.”

“I’ll talk to you again.” Sunggyu called after the designer, who nodded in reply. Suddenly Hyomin stopped and looked back.

“Oh, don’t worry about paparazzi. Everyone here is invited and we’ve booked the whole place tonight. So enjoy yourselves.” She winked.

“Yes yes we will.” Sunggyu nodded.

Sungjong tilted his head and saw the smitten boy beside. “Ya hyung, you’re drooling!” He said in an appalling tone.

Woohyun closed his mouth and elbowed Sunggyu excitedly. “Hyung... you know her?”

“She was my high school friend.” Sunggyu replied.

“Why didn’t I hear you mention her before?!” Woohyun exclaimed.

“Why should I tell you..?” Sunggyu shrugged and Woohyun looked hurt. “I’m going to get another drink.” He told the rest of members.

“She’s hot! Please, you’ve to give me her number?” Woohyun followed the older member behind and continued to badger him for more information on the designer. “Hyung you can’t do that. I thought you doted on me the most?”

“Aish! Stop nagging!” The members could hear their leader’s frustrated voice despite they were some distance away.

“Which’s mine?” Hoya panted as he came back from the dance floor. Sungyeol pointed him the correct glass and the young man downed his glass. Hoya felt a tap on his shoulder as he was eating some chips.

“Hello, are you the actor from Reply 1997?” He spun around and saw two very tall and gorgeous models. “It’s really you! I love your character. Hmm, can we take a photo together?” She squealed.

“Hmm, sure...” Hoya shrugged, wiping his oily fingers with serviette.

Dongwoo felt intimated when the model’s friend catwalked to his side. “How tall are you actually?” He asked out of curiosity.

“173.” The model said truthfully.

Colour faded from his face immediately. “You’re still taller than me.” Dongwoo muttered, staring down at her pair heels. Their eyes met. She smiled kindly back and focused her phone camera at Hoya and her friend.

“Don’t disgrace yourself.” Myungsoo spoke in a low voice, gently leading him away from the model.

Dongwoo chuckled nervously. “Did you see those heels she wore? At least five inch. They’re killers.” He stated.

“You say so yourself. That’s why they call them killer heels.” Myungsoo stated dryly.

“Where are you going, Myungsoo?” Dongwoo asked as he walked away from their table.

“Washroom…” He answered.

Myungsoo washed his hands and wiped with the paper towel. He came out of the restroom and shot a fleeting look at the empty bar. He decided to stay here. Myungsoo went to the bartender and ordered tequila shot.

He sat down and waited for the bartender to hand him his drink. He saw his former colleague Sungjoon sitting at the end of bar counter. He had not met the actor since they finished ‘Shut Up Flower Boy Band’ and wanted to go over to greet him. But watching him being so occupied with a woman, Myungsoo decided that he will contact him another day.  

Myungsoo was the lemon slice when a shriek made him turn his head instinctively. He peered curiously and did a double take. The female suddenly stood up and slapped the actor’s face. Myungsoo stared fixedly at Sungjoon’s companion, his mouth parted open. She is someone he knows.



Anyone watched MAMA last Friday? Infinite won 2 awards,, I was so happy for them. kekeke! ^^