Sulli: A new mother

Last Chance

Kai and I left the plane and went to collect our luggages. We waited patiently for our suitcases to come to us. Kai's suitcase arrived before mine, he quickly lifted it and placed it on the ground before his suitcase rotated away. He made it seem so easy since he did it so quickly and lifted it up with one hand. When mine came, I tried to do what he did but my suitcase was too heavy for me. I tried to lift it with two hands but the suitcase didn't budge, instead, it continued rotating away from me. I look at Kai expectantly, giving him a look that meant 'help me' but he didn't seem to understand. He just stares at my suitcase as it rotates even more far away. Seriously, he can't be that stupid...

"Hey, I think your suitcase is rotating away," he says casually and points in the direction of my suitcase.

"Um, I think I know that.." I reply as I half walked half sprinted towards my suitcase with Kai following behind.

"Why don't you go get it?" he questions with a smile.

"I can't..." I sigh and give an annoyed look.

"You know you could've asked for help..."

"I tried but you won't help me," I respond as I attempted to lift my suitcase again but failed.

"Oh... is that why you were randomly staring at me just then?" Kai questions, finally understanding while lifting my suitcase.

"Why else do you think I would stare at you like that?" I glanced at him.

"Um, maybe because I'm handsome?" Kai replys as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"No Kai, just no," I answer, but in my mind I actually think he is.

Kai laughs as he shoves the suitcase at me. I expected him to carry it for me but he didn't.

"So, uh, where are we going?" I question as I struggle to pull my suitcase along.

"I don't know about you but I'm going to find a place to stay, so... bye!" Kai waves to me and turned around to go.

What the heck is wrong with him? He can't just leave me here.

"H-hey! You can't just leave me here!" I yelled as I hurried to turn back and follow him.

"Why can't I?" Kai looks back at me and gives a laugh that resembles a child, he continues to walk the opposite direction and leaves me behind.

I hurry behind him, trying to catch up. When I finally keep up with him, he questions me "So... what made you come here with me? You know..." He hesitates as he tries to find the correct words. "We ain't that close..." He continued and looks at me, expecting an answer.

I suddenly remember why I'm here, I'm here to find my mother, my real mother. It still feels strange when I think about that. It's like I've been living with my mother's friend for as long as I'm alive and calling her mum even though she's not. This feeling... Not many people will understand so I'm not sure if I should tell Kai about this. But I doubt that he would understand anyways so I decide to tell him about my situation.

After telling him what is currently happening to me, he nods as if he is in a similar situation but I doubt that he even paid attention to what I said before.

"Um, what made you come here? And... why with Tiffany?" I question curiously, I've been wondering why he would want to here with Tiffany right after Tiffany gave me the plane ticket.

"The first question I can answer but the second question... secret," he replies and starts smiling like an idiot.

"Um, ok?" I laugh uneasily.

"Well, I'm actually here to save my parents," he answers and waits for me to react to what he said.

Wait, save his parents? Isn't his parents dead? The whole school knows that, is he trying to trick me or something? Well, I'm surely not that stupid. I have a sudden urge to tell him that he's parents isn't alive anymore but that sounds rude and it'll remind him of sad memories and create an awkward silence. Which I don't want, so instead of saying that I just nod politely and back away from him a little bit because who knows what disease he is suffering from if he can forget the fact that he's parents have passed away.

"Hey, don't you find that strange?" he suddenly blurts out, interrupting my wild thoughts about what disease he might have caught.

"Huh? What strange?" I look up at him cluelessly since I haven't been paying attention and was too busy in my own world.

"That I'm on a journey to save my parents," he reminds me and looks at me in the eyes.

"Um, no, no of course not," I laugh awkwardly, I can't handle the way he looks at me, it makes me forget about everything we were talking about. I didn't even know what I said just then.

"Oh, you didn't know what happened to my parents?" he gives a concerned look, like not knowing about what happened to his parents is a serious problem.

"Yes, I do, I know what happened" I reply, I'm not sure what else to say.

Kai nods and we walk in an awkward silence to the exit of the airport. We put our luggages in one of the taxis that is parked right outside the airport. I hold out the piece of paper with the address of my mother's house to the driver and he takes us there. Kai didn't disagree with going there because all he wanted was to go to a place where he can stay.

We arrived at a place that looked like a village. There were small hills and small old houses that looked they would collapse if someone put a little bit of pressure on them. The children in the village run out of their houses and charge into us. Kai immediately step back and hide behind me. I was unsure if they thought we were intruders or just visitors. When they were standing right in front of us, I realise that they were actually trying to take us somewhere.

We follow the children into the biggest house in the village, it was a long straw house. It looked fragile but it was in a better condition compared to the other houses. It was a one story house but it reached out to a very long distance. The oldest child from the group of children knocked on a wooden door and an old woman opened it. She looked fragile too, her hands were rough and she was only a bit taller than the child. She looked at us as if she was uncertain of how to react to Kai and I. She gestured us to enter the house and we enter as there was nothing else to do.

The house was very big, with many rooms inside, although it looked fragile from the outside, the inside was actually prettier than my old house (which, I thought, was very pretty). We entered the living room, everything inside was very organised and tidy. The books placed neatly in the wooden bookshelf and the sofa were covered in some animal fur and was positioned a straight row facing an old TV that looked like it was polished everyday as there was not a speck of dust to be found on it. The old lady gestured us to sit and hesitantly, we sat on the sofa in silence.

Kai looked at the woman blankly and the woman looked back. I wanted to laugh because it looked like they were having a staring contest. The woman remained silent and we didn't know what to do, everything was so awkward that I actually wanted to leave the house.

"Um, so..." I began but I didn't know what to say, I was hoping the woman would say something but she just changed her glance from Kai to looking at me, which made it worse because I hate it when people just look at me.

I nudge Kai so that he would help me finish my sentence but I think I just made the situation worse.

"Why'd you nudge me?" Kai said in an annoyed voice and he shuffled a little bit away from me but keeping his distance from the woman.

“So, what's y-" I was just about to ask the woman what her name was and another woman came in.

This woman looked like she was in her early fifties but she seemed younger than the old lady that keeps staring at us. She was smiling as well. Seriously, this village is like the happiest village I've ever seen in my life. The lady walked up to us, holding two cups of warm water in her hands and handed it to us.

"Thanks," I say as I took the glass of water and took a sip.

Kai held onto the cup but it was too full so he spilt some on his pants and it made him look like he wet his pants. The woman laughed and shook her head at him.

"Your Sulli, am I correct?" The woman asked as she pulled out a small stool that was hidden inside the table and she took a seat.

"Yes, I'm Sulli," I nodded and placed my cup onto the table in front of us, "And you are...?"

"Me? Well, I'm your mother, your real mother," The woman replied and let out a high pitched laugh that sounded similar to a witch.

I see Kai turn his head to me and looked at me confusely.

"Wait, so what's happening?" He asks.

"It- it's complicated, it's best if you could keep quiet," I whisper to him as I thought of what I should reply to this woman who happens to be my mother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO YEA, AFTER A YEAR AND ONE MONTH OF NOT UPDATING, I DECIDED TO UPDATE :) PLZ FORGIVE ME IF U DIED WAITING FOR ME TO UPDATE, I THOUGHT NO ONE READ THIS FANFIC ANYMORE, SOWEE >.< BUT ANYWAYS PLZ CONTINUE TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE! I LOVE U GUYS~~