//6//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

Chapter six: Last encounter

 


 


 

It’s been days since his last encounter with Chanyeol at the coffee shop, all because Baekhyun stopped going there. Instead, he stayed in his house, locked up in his bathroom and doing the only thing he thought would help distract him from what life had to offer him. He’s never skipped a day from going to his favourite place, but for some reason he felt like he had to.

 

Just runaway. Be the coward you are.

 

He trapped himself in a place where he was certain no one will disturb him. Honestly, Baekhyun had enough to deal with, and meeting this Chanyeol guy just added more to his unwanted thoughts. He was already on the edge. There was no room for someone to suddenly appear in his life and ruin everything. Love? That was nonsense. No one was suppose to feel for him. Not even an ounce of care supposed to be spared and softly handed to him. No. He doesn't deserve Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol doesn't deserve someone like him.

 

You’re nothing.

 

The cold air made his body involuntarily shiver. The lights stayed switched off as the blinds were shut closed for the natural sunlight to stay away.

 

Even his shadow left him in the dark.

 

Rain left puddles on the window sill as cold air drifted in, enveloping the place in a blanket of inclemency. But still, tears slipped down his face even though the rain was supposed to be doing it for him.

 

The rain didn’t feel like much comfort to him anymore.

 

Baekhyun pushed himself off the bathroom floor, harshly opening the cupboards and frantically searching for the one thing he needed to help him feel better. Through his stinging eyes, he finally found it. Grabbing the package of newly bought razors, he stumbled back onto the floor, sliding down the wall as his legs gave out. His hands trembled furiously. You would think if he’s done it so much that he’d be used to it. But the truth was, he was still terrified. It was something he thought he would never get accustomed to. Fingers fumbling with the package, the razors popped out, making a loud clink as they hit the floor.

 

He let out a low growl, feeling frustrated that his body was not reacting with his mind.

 

Discarding the garbage to wherever it landed, he grabbed the first razor in his line of sight. Finally, he will forget his pain for a while and leave a battle wound of this very day. Maybe, he can finally forget the sincere look engraved in Chanyeol’s eyes -- the one that came from the depths of his soul. Even if his emotional pain will subside for a little while, it seems to be worth it.

 

 


 



Please help me out!