//10//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

Chapter ten: Changes

 


 


 

Little by little time slowly healed Baekhyun. He no longer cut himself or broke down into non-arrangeable messes; all because he found a new light that lead his way through the dark. Every day they met either at the coffee shop, Chanyeol’s house or his own. They talked, watched movies and even went out on simple dates. Life was finally showing him that there was something to live for. He had his firsts all over again. It was beautiful -- just like Chanyeol would call him everyday and kissed his fading scars. Those scars, Baekhyun knew, would never leave.

 

And he didn’t mind, because now it was all just a reminder of the nightmare he had been through. Baekhyun was actually happy. Even though it took months and months of built up trust, he finally came to the conclusion that his life couldn't be any better.

 

It was never even considered to be a possiblity before. But now he knows Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol, his life saviour.

 

His happiness.


 

 


 

 


 

 

Chanyeol held the guitar on his lap, strumming his fingers against the strings, as music flowed out into a magical tune. He played a song he made for Baekhyun, as he sang the lyrics he remembered by heart. Even though the song was sad and somewhat mellow, he still found a way to smile warmly. He reminisced how closed off Baekhyun was when he wrote the song. He remembered all of their memories and how this song is what made Baekhyun break the last brick he had of his wall.

 

To Baekhyun, the song Chanyeol wrote for him was a final goodbye to his pain. Just like the scars were just a trace, the song was another step to overcome to find his happiness.

 

Letting go. All he needed was release.

 

Tears pricked the edges of Baekhyun’s eyes as he listened to the song, sitting across the bed with his legs crossed in Chanyeol’s over sized clothes. He couldn't keep his eyes off of the soft smile gracing the taller’s lips. His lips also lifted up in a content smile. Chanyeol’s eyes fluttered open, eyes instantly locking with Baekhyun’s. Chanyeol stopped singing and instead opted with playing the rest of the song with his acoustic instrument.

 

Baekhyun’s smile was beautiful.

 

He’s only discovered that a few months ago when Baekhyun started opening up to him. He always replayed that moment when he found himself lost when Baekhyun smiled for the first time. Even though it was unsure and a bit lacking he knew it was a huge improvement. Whatever he was doing, he knew then that he whatever he was doing was something right. From then on, he promised himself to make Baekhyun smile. No matter the cost, a smile from the other was enough.

 

It was a craving he never knew he had until it happened.

 

“Baekhyun can I ask you something?”

 

Smiling Baekhyun nodded his head.

 

“Move in with me?”

 

“Yes.”


 

 


 

 

 


 

 

“Look our toothbrushes are kissing!” laughed Baekhyun, tugging Chanyeol’s sleeve. Chanyeol laughed with him, feeling his chest explode in different forms of happiness. His boyfriend’s laugh was to die for. It always made him happy and want to laugh along with him.

 

“Why does our toothbrushes kiss more than we do?” Chanyeol chimed, wiggling his eyebrows at Baekhyun who was putting away freshly clean towels in the bathroom cabinet. Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol and laughed, shaking his head from left to right.

 

 

 

To say Baekhyun changed was an understatement. He was a whole new person; you wouldn't have ever guessed how dark and surreal his past was. It was as if his future with Chanyeol was the only thing that mattered. And Chanyeol couldn't be happier.

 

 

 

“All you want to do is cuddle and kiss,” the shorter of the two chimed, sticking his tongue out. Chanyeol couldn't help the smile that approached his face as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s torso.

 

“And you don’t like that?”

 

“No, I never said that.” Baekhyun spun around, throwing his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and looked into his eyes -- something he had a hard time becoming accustomed too -- and planted his soft lips onto Chanyeol’s.