//14//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

 

Chapter fourteen: Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol

 

 


 

Everything seemed ironic. The skies were grey, crying its countless tears. Under the crying skies was another person shedding their own tears. In his black tuxedo, he stood under a black umbrella another person held up above him to shield him from the poisonous rain that wanted to attack him.

 

Regret suffocated him to the core. Pain showcased through his light brown eyes. Coping was something he found hard to do. He stared down at the red roses in his hands, pedals dancing as his hands trembled.

 

 

“Luhan,” spoke up the guy next to him dressed in a freshly pressed tuxedo. He was holding up an umbrella for the both of them. “I… I have something I need to give you.”

 

Wiping his tears with the back of his hand, Luhan nodded his head, not trusting his voice at all to speak.

 

“Baekhyun --I haven’t told you this-- well I, I met with him.” Sehun grimly spoke, grazing his eyes over the tomb stone in front of them. “He called me one day, a few weeks ago, and asked me to come over to his house. It was after he found out Chanyeol left him.”

 

Sehun clutched the rod tighter, biting his lip, resenting what he had to say next.

 

“He made me promise him something, Lu. I never wanted to do it -- I never wanted to agree but, he … he looked so lost and so afraid that I had to agree.” Sehun heaved a sigh into the cold air, trying to calm himself down. Shifting the umbrellas rod to his other hand, he reached into his trouser pocket and took out a letter. “He wanted me to give you this.” Handing Luhan the letter, he watched as his boyfriend shed fresh tears, tightly graspimg the letter.

 

“This… this is Baekhyun’s letter to me?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Opening up the letter as the paper shook along with his unstable hands. Luhan’s throat tightened.

 

A harsh sob escaped Luhan’s lips as he read the letter over and over again.

 

“He told me he was going to kill himself. He said it was the only way he can be happy again. I never agreed with him Lu, I’m sorry I couldn’t stop him. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Lulu. He said..,” Sehun’s voice cracked, tears streamed down his porcelain face. “He said I was the only one who can help him.”

 

“Sehun…”

 

“How could I…. who am I to take away his happiness?”

 

Sehun dropped the umbrella as Luhan enveloped him in his warm embrace. Rain didn’t matter. So they stood crying in each others arms in front of two grave stones.

 

One saying “Byun Baekhyun” and the other saying “Park Chanyeol”.