//4//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

 

 

Chapter four: Seeking comfort

 

 


 


Everyday around 10:20 am, Baekhyun would make his daily trip to his favorite coffee shop. Even on days when he didn't even want to leave the house, he still left. Because maybe, just maybe, he would meet a certain tall male who tried to engage in a conversation with him. For some odd reason, Baekhyun liked it. The first couple of times though, it annoyed the shorter, he didn’t want to be disturbed at all. He wanted to be alone and dwell in his own dreadful thoughts. So Baekhyun was conflicted. Why did he suddenly start seeking comfort in it?

 

Was it the way Chanyeol smiled at him?

 

The way he spoke?

 

His persistence?

 

Or maybe it was the way he looked at him.

 

Baekhyun pushed the front of his hat lower, covering his eyes a little more and slumped down further in his seat. His gaze fixated on the outside world, doing his usual routine of watching people busy themselves for the day ahead of them.

 

It was raining again.

 

Without even thinking about it, he swiped his hand across the windows surface, wiping away the small areas of fog.

 

“Do you really like the rain?”

 

Flinching a little, Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol who was sitting across of him.

 

“Oh sorry, did I scare you?” he asked with a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“No, it’s alright. And yes, I do love the rain. Why?”

 

Chanyeol leaned forward on the table, placing his elbows on the table and rested his chin in the palm of his hands.

 

“I honestly don’t know. I just feel like theres a unexplainable connection between you two. Call me crazy, but it…” Chanyeol trailed off feeling himself suddenly forget his train of thought. His eyes widened a bit, feeling his heart do a little one of its uncomfortable squeezes as he noticed Baekhyun returning his gaze.  

 

He soon felt his heart pang in a different way. He was happy Baekhyun was finally looking at him but the way he was looking at him seemed distinct.

 

Usually, Chanyeol would noticed how Baekhyun lacked the ablity to express certain emotions. He never knew what the other was perhaps feeling in the moment. So realizing Baekhyun's mask was now transparent, he felt himself unleash his own feelings of worry.

 

Did he say something wrong?

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

The shorter averted his eyes, staring back out the window.

 

“Are you really curious?” Baekhyun softly asked, trying his best to throw on his built up mask he kept plastered on for the outside world to see and be deceived by.

 

“You don’t have to tell me if you really don't want to. Don’t feel forced. I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t have said anything.”

 

“Do you know why people don't like to cry in front of others?”

 

Furrowing his eyebrows slightly, he listened closely to Baekhyun voice. It was one more battered than the usual nonchalant, short spoken one. Chanyeol didn’t know whether or not he was supposed to answer that question or just let Baekhyun continue talking.

 

“It’s because they don't want to appear weak and afraid. Pity is unwanted thing and just damages your pride. No one wants to be seen as the weak link.”

 

“Is that what you think, Baek?”

 

Baekhyun stayed silent, sighing a little as he wrapped his thin fingers tighter around his hot chocolate.

 

“So when the rain comes, its a sense of release. When you feel like breaking down and just crying, the rain jumps in and cries for you. It's like the raindrops are singing a song as they hit the gound. The lyrics are telling me to stay strong while it does me the deed of crying.”

 

“You never cry because the rain does it for you?”

 

“No, not exactly. Sometimes the rain can be an accomplice, a friend, a presence you need when no one is around. So you're not the only one crying - the rain is too.”

 

Chanyeol was at loss for words. He knew Baekhyun was one with many secrets - his impassive exterior practically whispered it in his ear. They both enveloped in a lapse of silence, both sinking into their own thoughts; one of the curious and one of the destruction.

 

“Is the rain crying for you today?”

 

“Yes.”


 

 


 


So here's another chapter OTL. Sorry for the errors errrrr my thoughts on this story was explained at the end of the last chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed! I'm in the middle of writing a new fic and I SWEAR my writing is so much better. So yeah lmao byyeeeeeee <333333333 thanks for reading, there are more chapters to come don't worry!!!