//5//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

Chapter five: No, it really doesn't

 

 

 


 

“Chanyeol, why are you always here?”

 

Widening his eyes, Chanyeol stared at the figure in front of him who wore his regular over head black hoodie and skater cap. Nothing seemed any different today than others days. Baekhyun still avoided as much eye contact as he could and looked out the window. The only thing different was that said boy finally spoke up first out of his own curiosity.

 

It was a question that has been bugging Baekhyun, playing on repeat and engraving in his very mind. Why was Chanyeol always there? What was he trying to achieve? There was absolutely nothing to gain in Baekhyun’s eyes. As far as his memory goes, there is no reason for someone to be the least bit interested in his well being - well except for his best friend Luhan, but even then he didn't understand.

 

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun with sad lingering eyes. Did the other not see what was so clear to him?

 

“Why wouldn’t I be, Baekhyun?” he asked instead of answering the others question.

 

Baekhyun shut his eyes closed, clenching his fist tight.

 

Who would even like you?

 

No one really liked you.

 

“Because there is no reason to.”

 

Chanyeol felt himself get bitten by a sudden ounce of sadness. He didn’t enjoy that answer at all. In fact, it hurt him thinking Baekhyun didn’t think he was worthy of love.

 

“Actually, Baekhyun, there is.”

 

Remember Baekhyun, people lie. They don’t actually mean what they say. It's all a lie.’

 

“You just don't realize it yet. I come here because I enjoy spending my time with you --”

 

“No, you really don’t. You're just confused about your own feelings. You’re just bored.”

 

“What? Where did you even get that from?”

 

“It’s true, isn’t it?”

 

Chanyeol was appalled. Was Baekhyun really accusing him of these things? Did Chanyeol do something to make Baekhyun think that everything he was doing was because of a simple cure for boredom?

 

“Chanyeol, you will not get what you want. It’s a waste of your time because I’m ...”

 

Useless.

 

A waste of life.

 

Absolutely nothing.

 

“Someone I want to spend my time with Baekhyun,” Chanyeol stated, finishing of the others incomplete sentence. He then hesitantly reached forward and gently touched Baekhyun’s hands that were wrapped around his cup. Taking the shorter’s’ hands off of the cup, Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hands on the surface of the table. He winced slightly, feeling the rough, small, cold hands against his bigger and much softer palms. He rubbed reassuring circles around on Baekhyun's hands. His big, soft and childish looking eyes, softly gazed at over Baekhyun’s face.

 

Feeling a new kind of warmth envelope him, Baekhyun alerted his attention toward his hands being held onto a much more comforting source. His eyes widened, forgetting his mask was supposed to be enforced at that moment, and just tried to establish what was exactly going on.

 

Chanyeol was holding his hands.

 

He glanced up, noticing Chanyeol’s eyes were synchronizing him.

 

“Baekhyun,” he heard the other say again, although he almost didn’t hear it as his mind was screaming to stop acting foolish and pull away. Pull away now before its too late. But why wasn’t he listening? It was sad; he was in his own battle field fighting against himself. How was anyone going to win when the enemy’s and the allies were the same person?

 

“I need you to look at me,” the other whispered, voice evident of assembled hope.

 

Don’t look.

 

“Please look at me?”

 

Don’t look Baekhyun. You’re going to regret it.

 

“Baek…”

 

Biting his lip, he finally gave in. Trailing his eyes up Chanyeol’s neck to his chin all the way up his pink thin lips and up to his well rounded eyes. His breath suddenly catches in his throat.

 

“You need to open your eyes and notice the things around you. I’m here because I want to be. I want to know you and be here for you. I don’t know why but I feel like its what I need to do. So please, please Baekhyun, give me the chance to make you feel wanted, to not feel like you need the rain to cry for you and comfort you. Give me a chance to prove to you that I can be worthy of your trust. Please?”

 

‘I told you not to look into his eyes Baekhyun. You got the truth, isn’t that what you wanted?’

 

No, it really wasn't.


 

 


 

Chanyeol is just so sweet ommmmgggggggggg poor Baekhyun, he seems to be struggling with his inner turmoil. Thank you all for subscribing! Once again, I am so sorry for the grammar and the horrible writing! I just gave up on editing because of my whole writing style changed orz comment maybe?