//11//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

NOTE: This is a double update! Make sure you have read the last chapter before this one!

 

 


 

Chapter eleven: Rain

 

 

 


 

Baekhyun sat in his normal seat in the coffee shop, holding his hot chocolate in the palm of his hands. Rain season was back again. He didn’t know how a year passed by so quickly. Before, days dragged on as if every second was an exaggerated hour. Today, he sat alone, drinking his hot chocolate as it warmed him up more than his hoodie was able to. His eyes recorded images of people walking through the rain with their umbrellas held above their heads to shield them from the heavy fall.

 

Some things never really changed for him.

 

He still visited the shop and sat in his regular spot with his regular drink. He still looked out the window, wore his hat and his lips (a die hard habit of his).

 

But some things have changed.

 

He now has a pair of black spectacles placed on the bridge of his nose and wears a couple ring (Chanyeol insisted they both wear one as he said “Just so people know you’re mine and I’m yours”). Also, (the biggest change yet) Baekhyun learned how to stop dwelling in his own painful, heart wrenching thoughts. They were malicious and morbid to the bone. Now, he found himself free from those destructive thoughts and those words that would never, ever left his mind. He was happy, truly happy.

 

Nothing in the world would be able to bargain for his new treasure of light he found through the dark days.


 

 


 


 

Rain made soft pattering sounds against his charcoal black umbrella as he walked through the cold air towards his destination.

 

 

 

He was going home. The place he finally believed he belonged; where the darkness no longer ate and ripped apart every living piece left of him.

 

“Home,” he whispered, a smile softly cradling his words.

 

He the hallway light as soon as he entered the door of his and Chanyeol’s apartment. The house was silent, making Baekhyun frown a little. “He’s not here yet eh?”

 

Shrugging the thought off, he walked over to the kitchen and started making supper for himself and the other.


 

 


 


 

11:30 pm

 

Biting the insides of his cheeks, he packed up all of the untouched food and put it in the fridge.


 

 


 


 

12:15 am

 

Hey! You reached Park Chanyeol’s phone. Sorry I can’t come to the phone right now. Please leave a message after the beep!

 

Beep.

 

“Chanyeol? Hey it’s me. I’m just wondering where you are. I’m worried, so umm.... call me please?”

 

Beep.


 

 


 


 

1:30 am

 

Hey! You reached Park Chanyeol’s phone. Sorry I can’t come to the phone right now. Please leave a message after the beep!

 

Beep.

 

“Chanyeol, I’m worried. Where are you? Call me as soon as you get this.”

 

Beep.


 

 


 


 

Baekhyun never knew his world could ever come crashing down so fast in such little time. He cried like never before, throwing up the vile in his empty stomach. His body trembled and felt ill to the bone as his choked sobs made him shake vigorously. His lean fingers held onto the rim of the toilet as he threw up another round of practically nothing. Tears stained his face and eyes stung. Every tear screamed for help.

 

His limbs grew numb and weak, no longer able to hold himself up in front of the toilet, as his arms gave out and dropped his thin frame onto the cold tiled floor. His cheek pressed up against the tile, tears instantly piling out in a puddle.

 

I was right. He did leave you.