//3//

The Scars Your Shadow Left

 

 

 

Chapter three: But this wasn't most days

 

 

 


 

The door banged numerous times, the hinges rattling as the door shook.

 

“Baekhyun! I’m here!”

 

Baekhyun hurriedly threw on his black baggy sweater, eyes widening when he heard the sudden knock on the door to his apartment. He didn't know Luhan was going to be this early. He speed walked through the hallway out of the bathroom and grabbed the nearest skater cap he found.

 

“Baekhyun! I missed you!” chimed Luhan, flinging himself on Baekhyun as soon as the latter opened the door. Gaze softening, the younger patted the older’s back with one hand rather awkwardly. Sure, he and Luhan shared lots of hugs, its just been a little different the past few months.

 

He just wasn't the same any more.

 

Luhan though, he never changed. Although he seemed more serious at times.

 

“Hey hyung.”

 

For some reason, Luhan held onto Baekhyun a couple seconds too long. And Baekhyun noticed.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Baekhyun asked, hand now rubbing a soothing circle on Luhan’s back. Luhan pulled away from the hug, eyes locking with Baekhyun, taking the younger aback as Baekhyun  averted his gaze.

 

Luhan noticed the avoidance of eye contact. “Are you?” he replied, softly with a small smile.

 

Baekhyun nodded his head, fixing his cap on his head and walking out of the apartment door, locking it and leading Luhan to their destination. The coffee shop.



 

 


 


 

Sweet aroma of two milk hot chocolates faltered around, craving the need for something hot and sweet at the same time. Luhan stared at Baekhyun, sipping his hot chocolate as Baekhyun stared down at his cup.

 

"Could you stop staring at me Hyung? It's making me uncomfortable."

 

On most days, Luhan would snicker and shoot him a goofy grin. But this wasn't most days.

 

Luhan continued to stare at Baekhyun, hurt evident in his light brown eyes as he noticed the loss of eye contact. Luhan gazed down at Baekhyun's hands fumbling together rather awkwardly. Was he nervous?

 

"Baekhyun you're avoiding eye contact with me again."

 

The younger heaved another sigh, feeling the guilt jab him again. He doesn't mean to, it's just...

 

You are nothing.

 

Who let you look at me?

 

There was a saying that went by, 'to seek the truth behind every lie, just look into the eyes and you will find the true answer.’

 

! You deserve to die!

 

Those words -- those heart wrenching words were all the truth. Baekhyun decided that if he avoided the look in someone's eyes, he wouldn't have to know the difference between truth and lie. He didn't want to know the truth behind someone's words, it just deemed useless since it always found a way to hurt him in the end anyways.

 

Whether it was the truth or a thoughtless word of the deceived, he didn't care. It was better this way.

 

Luhan's brows furrowed, eyes narrowing down at Baekhyun when he was deliberately ignored. Luhan opened his mouth, ready to say something when another voice interrupted him.

 

"Byun Baekhyun! Remember me?"

 

That deep voice seemed familiar to Baekhyun. He took a quick glance up then went back to staring down his beverage. Void read the interest in the brunets eyes. Why is he here again?’

 

"Baekhyun who's this?" Luhan piped up, interest growing. It wasn't everyday you meet a friend of Baekhyun, cause true fully, he wasn't exactly the social bee. So this was rare, or more, actually never happened before. Luhan and Baekhyun were always in their little own world, always together without letting anyone else intervene. They believed it was for the better to isolate themselves from the rest of the world. It never interested them one bit to let anyone else in.

 

But that all changed when Luhan met Sehun.

 

They started spending less quality time with each other, and it started to affect their friendship. Luhan had troubling juggling both his friendship with Baek and relationship with Sehun, that it started to get hard to meet both of their needs.

 

Baekhyun and Luhan's world they created slowly shattered when Sehun came. And honestly, during that period of time, Baekhyun needed Luhan the most. Eventually they lost contact. Baekhyun continued the ongoing fight with depression. He would disappear and not answer any of Luhan's calls from time to time.

 

The younger felt replaced, tossed aside, and forgotten.

 

Even though he knew Luhan was trying, he still thought it was useless. Because really, why would Luhan need him when he found someone he could spend the rest of his life with? ‘I just want you to stop trying,’ he would often whisper to himself when Luhan’s name appeared on the caller ID.

 

Luhan was worried. He didn't know about Baekhyun anymore. He wouldn't tell him anything that was happening in his life.So seeing Baekhyun has made a new friend surprised Luhan. Actually, it made him ecstatic.

 

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol!"

 

"I'm Luhan! Come sit!" Luhan ushered with his hands for Chanyeol to take the seat.

 

Chanyeol smiled, sitting next to Baekhyun.

 

"So, you're Baekhyun's friend?"

 

Chanyeol glanced uneasily at Baekhyun, silently asking him what the answer is. Feeling a questionable tinge of disappointment when he saw the other completely absorbed in his own little world, the taller smiled at Luhan.

 

"Yeah, although we just met yesterday, I think we would make great friends.”

 

The oldest of them all smiled at the answer, nodding his head up and down with a silent agreement hidden beneath his features. He had a feeling they’d be something amazing.

 

“Oh yeah, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol shuffled closer to said boy, shifting his body to be angled towards him. He snapped open his backpack, pulling out a black umbrella. “You forgot this.”

 

Luhan silently sipped his beverage, eyes fixed on the two. He noticed Baekhyun’s eyes flicker twice. Once in realization, as he glued his attention on the black umbrella in Chanyeol hands. The other time when Baekhyun glanced up and met Chanyeol steady gaze. Something in Luhan’s chest squeezed.

 

‘I guess its time to expand our world Baekhyun.’


 


 

I am so sorry guys, I honestly didn't know any of you were actually wanting to read this. I was so surprised when I had people DM'ing me. Sorry for the wait OTL.

So ummm /crawls under a table/ I'm so sorry for the incorrect grammar and the awkward sentences. The truth is, my writing style has changed so much that I don't know how to fix this story. I'll release more chapters soon! Comment if u want cuz i think that is what the swagggyy people do, Swaggy people comment /wink/