Sisters

One Touch

Beep Beep Beep. Dara slowly opened her eyes to see the sunlight streaming down on her from her window. Morning already? She thought as she slowly sat up and stretched out her arms. She twisted her upper body to loosen her stiff back when her eyes fell to the box on her floor. That’s right…that happened…I was too weak. These kind of things should not bother me…so many people love him…I’m just one of the many. She shook her head to dismiss those thoughts, I shouldn’t think this way…as long as I steer clear of Jiyong, I’ll be fine. She let a sigh as she slowly swung her legs out from under her covers.

Standing up, she stretched once more, stretching her hands up towards the ceiling. Bending down towards the floor she started to fill the empty box with the hundreds of letters that were littering her floor. Placing the lid once more onto the box she thought, I need to seal my feelings just as I seal this box. She pushed the box back under her bed where it had been before.

She stood up once more and slumped onto the stool in front of her mirror staring at her reflection. The girls are going to worry when they see how red my eyes are. Aish…I don’t want to worry them. After letting out a sigh, she suddenly slapped both of her cheeks and smiled cheerfully shouting, “Here’s to a brand new day and a fresh Dara!”

Quickly getting up from her seat, she rushed out her door and hugged the first member she saw.

“Unnie?!?!?!” Minzy yelled in surprise, “What’s the matter?” she asked looked at Dara immediately seeing the redness of her eyes. “Have you been crying again??” she turned towards Dara and was about to hug her back when Dara suddenly let go and raced to find her next victim.

“Good morning CL-roo!!!!!” Dara exclaimed as she tightly hugged the leader.

“Aigoo! This unnie!” Chaerin exclaimed as she pinched Dara’s cheeks, only then did she noticed Dara’s eyes. She placed her palms on Dara’s cheeks trying to get a closer look, “Unnie, what happ-”

Dara ran off once again to find Bom. “Aigoo, what’s with the ruckus so early in the morning?” Bom yawned as she was exiting her room stretching in the process. BAM. Dara aggressively hugged Bom.

“Good morning Bommie!” Dara chirped, smiling cheerfully.

Bom quickly hugged Dara back, not giving Dara the chance to run away. “Spill Park,” she bluntly said.

“What-what do you mean?” Dara asked flustered, looking away from Bom.

“You know what I mean,” Bom stated, “Any time you’re like this it’s because of HIM. I heard you crying last night and I bet your eyes are completely red right now. You can’t fool me.”

Dara retracted her arms and touched her index fingers together nervously, “I was watching a really sad movie, that’s all. It was so heart wrenching, I couldn’t help crying,” she lied.

“Right….” Bom replied not believing her, I suppose she’s not ready to tell us… “Just remember ssantoki, we’re sisters. Always here to support you.”

Dara froze for a second and slightly nodded, “thanks Bommie.”

“That’s right unnie!” Minzy said suddenly as she joined in on the hug.

Chaerin giggled, “Why are all of you so cute?” following Minzy and joining the group hug.

“We can see how much you love him unnie,” Minzy said quietly.

“It hurts us watching you hurt. Trying to hide your feelings for him. Always running from him,” Chaerin continued.

“But most of all,” Bom started, “you are always running away from yourself. Be proud of who you are. Don’t let anyone tell you that you aren’t worth it. I know you want to please as many people as you can, but there will always be haters.”

“That’s why we’re have each other,” Minzy smiled.

“To support one another and to become the best,” Chaerin said.

Dara was on the verge of tears and hugged all of them tighter, “I love all of you so much, thank you for always being there for me.”

“Always sister,” Bom smiled. “But seriously….anytime you have something you want to say, just say it.”

Dara could only nod, not able to speak any coherent words. “I…I…went over to his place yesterday,” she whispered once she calmed down.

Bom tugged all of them so they were all sitting on the floor comfortably.

Dara brought her knees up to her chest and continued, “But it was only because he took TamTam as a hostage!”

 The three girls patiently waited until Dara would continue.

“Um…ano…” Dara was unsure where to actually begin, “You see….something strange happened…”

“What do you mean?” Minzy asked out of curiosity.

“When I say strange I mean…it was almost like magic,” Dara started trying to remain calm. “It started a few days ago…I was running late for practice, remember? Well…when I was on my way, I literally bumped into Jiyong-ah….and somehow we ended up switching bodies.” She stopped so that it could sink in.

“Like secret garden????” Bom asked.

Dara grinned a little, “Yeah, I guess.”

“That would explain why it seemed as if you’d never seen the dance routine before,” noted Chaerin.

Dara nervously laughed and rubbed the back of her head, “Yeah. Anyways, Jiyong and I worked out a situation that would work for both of us. We lived together for a few days and made it so we were both present at his solo concert. This is why we’re performing with him at his upcoming concert-“

“WAIT” Bom interrupted, “you mean you saw his body??????”

“Aigoo….” Dara rubbed her temples, “let’s just say we found a solution for that as well. And no, I did not see his body. Anyways, a couple of days ago, the same occurrence happened again. We were both in a rush and collided into each other…but this time we noticed that our lips were touching. Next thing we knew, we were back into our original bodies. And yesterday, he wanted to talk to me. So I went to his place to hear what he had to say as well as rescue TamTam. But can you believe him??? After we ate dinner, he asked if he could kiss me!!! To test to see if we’d switch by simply kissing. Then he actually kissed me! How could he do that! I’ve tried so hard to forget him. Forget all the sweet things about him, how perfect he is. Everything resurfaced with that kiss. I realized how in love with him I still am. So…..I ran….again. And when I was in my room…………I opened it again.”

“You still have those Dara?” Chaerin asked softly. This girl…worrying so much about antis…

Dara simply nodded, “I read through all of them in the hopes of burying all of those feeling again…but I don’t think I’ll be able to this time.”

Bom wrapped an arm around Dara’s shoulder, “And that’s okay.”

“Here unnie,” Minzy said as she handed Dara the tub of strawberry ice cream that she had just gotten.

“Ice cream for breakfast isn’t good minzy-ah,” Dara laughed wiping a tear away.

“But it’s the perfect medicine for you right now,” Minzy smiled sweetly.

Dara leaned over to Minzy and hugged her, “you’re so sweet, thank you” she smiled as she sat back down and scooped a spoonful of ice cream. The sweetness on her tongue tasted blissful. She smiled and resumed talking again, “How am I supposed to face him girls? After something like that. And we’re performing at his concert soon, so I can’t avoid him.” Then it dawned on her, “why aren’t we at practice???”

The three girls snapped out of it and started panicking. Chaerin checked her phone and saw the several missed calls for their manager, “Omo, we’re in big trouble girls, get ready quickly.” She started to run off to her room when she stopped suddenly, “Oh and bring that box of letters unnie.”

Dara just nodded as she put away the ice cream and went to get read.


When they were all set to go to practice, they left the dorm, each of them were carrying a backpack or purse. Dara was holding the box that had been hiding under bed for several years. These were all of the letters she had received from her haters. Whether they did not like her or did not like the idea of ‘daragon’.

When they had entered the van, Chaerin asked the driver nicely to go to a nearby park. When they arrived there were barely any people there. It was getting pretty late. Even though Dara had greeted everyone when she woke up, in reality all of the girls woke up around 5pm. Lucky for them, today their managers let them get plenty of sleep before practice.

“I already talked with the manager and he was fine with us being another half an hour late. Dara,” Chaerin faced her, “Can you hand me the box?”

Dara obediently handed Chaerin the box. Chaerin opened her door and walked into the park followed by the rest of the girls.

After finding a secluded area with no one around them, Chaerin stopped at a trashcan and simply dumped the box in. The metal trashcan was completely empty and the box was small enough to fix in the trashcan quite nicely. Chaerin turned to Dara and handed her a long match and the material to strike it.

“Do it unnie. Do not let these people take away your happiness. You deserve so much better,” Chaerin smiled.

Dara stared into the trashcan at all of the letters that had torn her heart to shreds a million times. Unconsciously, she lit the match and let it land into the pile of letters. As the flames grew all of the girls stepped back and held onto each other’s hands. Part of Dara was sad to see all of those letters go up into flames. Chaerin is right though…I need to live for myself and for my fans. All of these people are not my fans, they just want to bring me down. I’ll show them…I’ll show them I’m not the weakest member of this group and that I’m suitable for Jiyong-ah, Dara thought.

The fire started to die down as all of the letters were turned in ash.

Bom faced Dara, “Even though those letters are gone, there will always still be anti-fans. But you need to show that you’re better than them. Show that those letters don’t bother you whatsoever. Show you’re real strength and potential. Make them take back all of their word,” Bom smiled.

“And always remember that we are a team,” Minzy finished.

Dara just nodded, “I’m so lucky to have all of you. Now let’s go practice so we can steal Jiyong’s concert!”

All of them laughed and Chaerin placed her hand in the middle and the others followed suit. “2NE1!”

“NOLZA!” They giggled.

Just you wait, I will show all of you. Especially you…Jiyong-ah…I’ll show you that I’m a strong enough woman to stay by your side, Dara thought as they headed back to the van.


A/N: Hello! Hehehe finally updated again. Sorry about the wait D: I was having complete writer's block with this story.

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, commenting, and upvoting <3 Hope you enjoy this chapter as well :)

What will happen when Jiyong and Dara meet again? Until next time! :3