Friends

Pure attraction, right?

Sehun was still in the same position. The situation was kind of awkward as Jong suk left in a bad mood.

"Ehm…" even if he could stay like that for the rest of your life but you couldn't. 

"Ehm…do you want a cappuccino? " he slowly nodded and followed you to the kitchen.

You liked to make cappuccino since when you needed money and worked in a caffè. Your involuntary impulse made you draw an heart on the cappuccino like you used to do. When you realized what you had done it was too late. The cappuccino was in front of Sehun that looked at it with his indifferent gaze. You, with round eyes, waited for a reaction from him that never came.

Yes of course he doesn't react…  why would he?

 

You sat in front of him. He didn't talk and you weren't ready to know what he wanted because deep in your heart you knew that after he was going to leave and again you would have acted like strangers.

The silence was not uncomfortable contrariwise he was a like a soft hug that made the both of you warm.

His voice broke the soft silence and your heart began to beat uncontrollably.

"Jong Suk have feelings for you?" it didn't seem like a question.

You raised your head from the cup and you decided to let your mask fide away. It was too stupid to deny that Sehun was important to you. You didn't know if you really could trust him but you didn't mind because he was too far away for you. He was too far away to hurt you.

Sehun met your broken expression. It seemed like the question itself was an weapon that he recklessly used.

"Once he loves someone. He won't see anything else." you couldn't look at him so kept your gaze on your cup. 

"The thing that makes me angry is that I need him. " you raised your head again and looked at him desperately " I need HIM!" he frowned.

You sighed " I don't want to get attached to someone. Not now."  Somehow you made it without effort. I get affected by you.

" If he loves me I've only got myself to blame because he is an important friend to me. A friend that I am afraid to lose and that I do harm. I am too selfish to let him go.."

 

"that's it. " you stood up and put your untouched cappuccino in the sink.  "Do you want to watch some tv while I finish some work? " he stood up too and directly went to watch some tv.

His actions were kind of cute. He was strangely listening to you like a good pet.  You smiled while you went to your table work. You took your pencil and checked all the items sponsored or not.

After a while you could feel Sehun gaze on you " You have something to tell me?" you asked still looking at your papers.

"No"

"Then why are you sneaking gazes at me?" you turned your attention to him while he snorted "I did not such thing!"

You frowned " You sure did!" Really, what was wrong with him?

You stood up and went to face him blocking the tv. " Really, you are strange. Are you dying of some disease and you don't have the courage to say that to me? "

"What? It's absurd" he look at you amused.

"It's not absurd! Your behavior is absurd!"  he laughed out laud. You didn't know when you began to love that laugh but it was making your heart dance like a ballets first ballerina.

Sehun caught your eyes on him. You blushed and quickly returned to your work but your pencil was gone. Sehun was still looking at you as you clumsily looked for it. You knew that he was looking at you so you tried your best to not look at him.  " aaah where is that stupid pencil…." you muttered annoyed.

"Hey…"

"What?!" you snapped back at him and raised your head. He was signaling you with a finger to go to him. 

"what?! I have to finish my work! " since you didn't move he was the one that he slowly moved to you.

You swallowed hard when he was just inches away from you. He slowly raised his hand and touched your hair.

" Se..hun…" he curved his lips in a sweet smile.

"Mmm ?"Do you want to kill me? 

"you shouldn't be like this."

 

Bam! Hit and sunk! His smile disappeared . All the sweet was replaced by bitter. He dropped his hand. His eyes let yours. Cold embraced you.

He raised his hand again and there it was your pencil. " It was behind your ear. Stupid."

Yes, stupid! Why did you had to say such a thing. Babo, babo , babo!

 

In a move you took the pencil from him. "I'm not stupid." you smiled " I think I'm adorable"

 Good that you know His expression was the same indifferent one.

He was about to turn his back to you but you stopped him grabbing his arm.

"Sehun-ah "

"Let me go!"  his cry startled you. He grabbed your hand and took it off. He turned to you with rage. He was frightening . His grip on your hand was painful.

Why was he so angry? Suddenly rage was taking over you.  I've done nothing wrong! He has no right to get angry!

"are you angry?! You are that brave to get angry at me?!" he looked perplexed " Tell me Sehun, did you ever thought of me?! What about my feelings? You pretended all these days that I didn't exist and now here you are! " you sighed.

"You know how I felt???" he was looking at you and you could see his mask disappear too. " No? You don't know? " his hold on your hand was no more painful " Then I should tell you. " your body began to tremble but you didn't want to stop. You wanted him to know how pitiful you were.

"Like ." your voice cracked " I felt like Sehun"

 

Silence.

 

"Sehun, you are asking me too much. I wanted us to be comfortable. I thought you wanted us to be comfortable. So why are you like this? "

 

"Wait, Jinmin.I think you are misunderstanding something. I'm not here because I have feelings for you. I want don't us to restart the pact. No, oh God no. " your pride was ripping apart.  He looked directly in your eyes and he cruelly said " I don't know how to make this any clearer to you. You mean nothing to me." if that was the real Sehun you had made a big mistake trusting him. However you weren't a coward and now your pride was crushed so you had nothing to lose. Hey, you were risking your life because of him!

You bitterly smirked " How nice of you to inform me of your hidden feelings"  A bitter joke. 

" Since you were so kind I should pay you back letting you know my feelings" A bitter confession.

Determined you leaned in resting your arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. A bitter kiss.  You broke the kiss and looked at Sehun perplexed expression.

"I like you…I don't know why .. But I stupidly like you" A bitter truth.

"And I will be fine… I don't have to have you… You should stay with Taeyeon. I'm ok with that" A bitter lie.

 

"Sehun-ah let's be friends."  he was looking at you like you were an alien.

 "Okay." he finally said.

 

That night Sehun slept in your guest room after had watched a movie together. Passing time with him was much worst than you thought in fact you were falling deeper and deeper for him.

 

___________:::::::::::::::::::::_______________________________________________________________

 

" You think  that I'm kidding?!" her loud voice was hurting your eardrum.

"oh no that's the last thing I would think after your wonderful gift, Nami" you weren't surprised by her call on the contrary you had waited for it.  " It was a sneak, Nami. A venomous snake. I won't ask how you got a black mamba. " Jong suk took care of the snake and sold it at a really high price to a strange veterinary that informed him about the creature. "But I would like to know if you really want me dead or you simply tried to make a really bad prank."

 

Her laugh interrupted you" Maybe at the principle I didn't want you dead but now it's different ." she was serious. Despite the laughter her words were said with utmost seriousness.

"You provoked it, Jinmin!! Don't think that changing your password key at home,  hiring bodyguards for your family will save you! " so she already knew that you were getting precautions. You had done that more for your family rather than for yourself and of course because after you told everything to Jong suk he insisted to do so.

"You are completely gone insane. " your throat was dry " Listen between me and Exo there's just a professional relationship . You are overreacting. I am not…" before you could finish she growled like a crazy monster.

"DON'T TRY TO FOOL ME!!! I know that there is something between you and Sehun! I know he was at your home yesterday ! "

 

" Nami, we are just friends."

 

"Stop with the bull!! " there was silence and after with calm voice she said " I'll give you two days of piece so you can decide. And then if you still don't want to leave I will personally, and this time for real, take care of you." that was the end of the call.

 

So you had two days to decide. Jinmin what's your problem? You can stop working with Exo whenever you want. Besides to find a job is not a problem many other idols would like to work with you. Why are you stupidly getting in danger?

 

Sehun.                   Is really Sehun worth it?              

 

He doesn't like you. He has been clear, why waste your time with him?

 

"Jinmin" someone called you while you were looking out of the big window of that day's set.  You turned to your right and met Kai's concerned eyes.

"Oh, Kai.." you could not help  but notice the shirt collar that was staying in the wrong way and the soul of a stylist woke up. You moved towards him with your eyes on the collar.

"This collar is strange…" you whispered more to yourself than him while you were adjusting it. Your finger slowly touched his skin.  That collar was really strange it didn't want to stay how it should had. You frowned.  "Maybe the problem is behind" you rested your arms on Kai's shoulder and standing on toes you were trying to watch behind his neck. His breath was near your ear. A feeling spread on your stomach and you get distracted. That caused you to lose balance. You quickly felt an arm warp around your waist. 

Kai holding you brought you even closer to him. And then you made a wrong move. A bad move.

 

You looked at him. The worst decision ever made.

His eyes were deeply analyzing yours. Of course your eyes now couldn't escape his.