The gift

Pure attraction, right?

That house was a sanctuary in which you felt protected.

 

You where standing in front of the door without not enough brevary to open it.

 

Suddenly the sanctuary was no longer so safe. Someone had desacrated it.It was as if that someone had sneaked into the deepest corner of your heart. Brusting without permission: looking, touching , depriving you from the only place you could hide.

 

A shaky breath left your mouth. You frowned.  Maybe she was just bluffing…  You knew that she wasn't the type to bluff but you couldn't stay there like that all the night.

A swallow and then you decided to press the key password.

Your heart was sinking in fear while you the light and closed the door behind you.

You looked around noticing  that everything was in his original place.  Entering the living room you realized that she wasn't bluffing.

On the table in front of the tv there was a pink box that you never seen before. A gift that was the word she used.  A gift…

You went closer.  Should I open it?

You jumped back when the box moved.  "What the heck is this?"

 

Ten minutes after you were sat on the couch with  legs at your chest and arms around them. You were looking at the box trying to figure out what it could contain.

Ok whatever there was in that box, it was alive. Yes, obviously  something moved and you hear the sound of something touch against the wall of the box. It could be everything. A couple of worrying ideas passed through your head but you couldn't  be sure.

The best thing to do was to call someone. Who? Police?

And then maybe find out that it was just a parrot, a cat??? No

You didn't want to have to do with the police that was specialized in attacking with questions. No, really no. You should have been forced to talk about Exo, the fan and that night. No, you didn't need someone  who would have made questions but someone that would have gave you answers.

Then you thought at the only person that wouldn't have done questions, that would have blindly trusted you, that would have helped you find a way out. Lee Jong Suk.

 

Other ten minutes after a panting Jong Suk "teleported" in your living room.

"What happened?"  he looked around searching an attacker from which to defend you.

You rolled your eyes  " calm down" you handed him a glass of water. He grabbed it hand drunk it all together.He skeptically looked at you and gave you back the glass saying " the last time that you sent  me a message like that was when your brother had the accident!"

You rolled your eyes siting down again on the couch in the same position.

"You are exaggerating! I just wrote you 'I need help. Are you busy right now?' "you looked at him while he sat next to you calming himself.

"Therefore? Whydid you call me hear?" your answer was the slowly movement of your eyes that pointed to the pink box.

"I found this box here." You tried to make it sound the less worrying words. He frowned " found?"

You slowly nooded and looking at him " Yes, found."

He looked at you still frowned. Your expression did let him know that you weren't going to explain nothing then he nodded and looking at the box he asked " Have any faintest idea of what it might contain?"

 

In your mind you smiled because you knew that Jong Suk would have never disappointed you. He did ask anything else but you knew that he had already made some idea of how that box arrived in your house.

 

"Before I saw it  move" from the seriousness on your face he deduced that you thought it couldn't be nothing cute.

"Ehm.. Okay, we can't continue looking at it forever" he stood up and walked towards the pink mystery. Knowing what he wanted to do you quickly jump to him and stopped his steps holding him by the arm.

"NO!" he turned his attention to you and was surprised to see your disparate face.

"I will open it!"  your face firm and secure.

" You're kidding right?" slightly altered " then why did you make me came here? To witness the opening of the box? I don't want to discuss about this, I am the man!" Then only thing that sometimes made you angry about him was the fact that if he had to choose to be tortured or you to be the one to be tortured he would choose firmly and proudly the first one.

" I hate you" you pouted " lets open it together ok? " you said even if you hated the idea.

The thing that he made him angry about you was the fact that you always, somehow, didn't really let yourself  fully depend on someone .

You let his arm go and moved closer to the box, Jong Suk followed you positioning himself on the side of the box that was in front of you. His hand were now caressing the box ready to open it, after some indecision you decided to copy him.

Jong Suk counted.

 

" 1…" your eyes on the box " 2…" your heart was stuck on your throat "…3!"

Everything happened too fast. While you were opening the box one of your nail scraped against it but wasn't that the signal that attracted the deaf animal, but instead the sudden light that came from the lamp behind your back. With a hiss  it threw to you. At the sight of the  black  viscid animal which month was dangerously opened you withdraw from the box.

"!" Jong Suk threw to it a whack with the lid forcing it to stay in the box that he rapidly closed.

Your heart was betting so fast that you couldn't talk.

Jong Suk looked at you. Now he had to do some questions and you were ready to answer.

"what did you get into Jinmin?!" his voice leaked a bit of anger but all the rest was worry.

You swallowed " I will tell you everything but firstly we should close better the box" it was impossible for the snake to leave the box but you didn't feel safe.

You searched for a tape in the corner of the living room were you had all the things you needed for work.

 

Someone rang the bell twice.

" Jong Suk can you go and see who is it please? " you were nervously looking for that damn tape.

 

Jong Suk moved lazily to the door. He didn't asked who it was but directly opened the door and frowned at the sight of Sehun staying at the door.

Sehun was unpleased to see him there. Jong Suk was kind of happy to see his surprised face.

" Hello Sehun, why are you here?" he still didn't intend to let him in.

"May I ask the same thing? " Sehun smirked but he would have wanted to push him over and enter looking for you. The idea of Jong Suk and you alone was eating him alive.

"Jinmin called me over  and I'm quite sure she didn't call you " he was having fun maybe too much.

 

You finally found the tape and since Jong Suk was still at the door you decided to tape the box and after go to see who it was.

"Jong Suk" you called going to the little hall at the entrance.  "Who is it?" you couldn't see because of his body.

"It's me " you recognized  immediately his voice. Thousand questions passed your mind. Why is he here? Did something happened with Taeyeon? Is it for work?

You pushed slightly Jong Suk apart so you could see the frowned Sehun. His glare was so captivating. How could he had this power over you?

"Sehun" only a whisper let your mouth. His frown somehow vanished hearing you call his name.  "Come in,  I was waiting for you" you lied. Jong Suk was surprised to hear that. It couldn't be possible.

A smirk took place on Sehuns lips and he coolly followed after you that was pushing the unbelieving Jong Suk back to the living room.

 

When you were back in the living room you turned Jong Suk to you and while looking directly in his eyes you said " You can go now.I will call you later and tell you everything, ok?"

He pouted a bit but then slowly he capped your face and leaned closer to sweetly kiss your forehead.

You didn't react. When he let go and met you cold eyes sadness invaded him. You could see his dejection in those pleading eyes.

 

You couldn't let yourself be attached to anyone and he was not an exception.

"like this you are hurting me" his voice a broken whisper.

Your dark eyes in his  "I'm sorry….." 

A fake laughter let his lips  "Really ? Your eyes don't tell so.."

You did not contradicted him, but search to hide your eyes from him diverting your glare from him to something else.

And it was then that you met Sehun. 

He was rigid, motionless like a statue. You looked at each other for a long time, it seemed an eternity to you. His gaze had somehow chained yours but the chains were made just of soft strands of cotton candy which if you wanted you could easily get rid of it. In that moment you realized that what you really wanted was to chain his gaze on you with some heavy and indestructible chains.

 

When you realized that you where looking at each other for too long Jong Suk had already understood that something was happening between the two of you. 

You quickly looked at him to find an expression of hatred that disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Jong Suk…" you didn't know what to say but even so he didn't let you talk but he went and took the pink box from the table  "I'll leave. I'll take care of this." 

He let your house like that letting you speechless and guilty.