Chapter 8

Most Valuable Players

"Because I like you."

Taemin blushed at hearing those words. "I like you too Jinki," he responded with a small voice.

Jinki's heart fluttered. Cute. He smiled and grabbed Taemin's hand linking fingers together. "Let's keep walking, come on."

They walked around for an hour, both boys' hearts beating out of control. Of course Taemin could hear it and was happy knowing he wasn't the only one that was extremely nervous and happy.

Everything was going well, or so it seemed. Yes everything was fine, until Taemin heard the voice that made him cower in fear.

"Hey Jinki!" The voice came from behind them, to which Taemin shrank into Jinki's side and clung onto him.

Jinki's eyes widened when he realized the situation he was in. "Jonghyun? Hey."

"Who's that?" Jonghyun stepped closer until Jinki shoved his hand in front of Jonghyun's face. "Wait-- Is that Taemin?'

Hearing his name coming from that voice that had suddenly gotten aggressive made him clutch onto Jinki's shirt even tighter, shutting his eyes that were b with tears.

"Yes, is there a problem with him?" Jinki asked calmly. , just leave already you dinosaur. Are you going to cause problems?

"Uh, yeah, he's totally lame. He lets everyone walk all over him, look," Jonghyun said before quickly flicking the boy's head.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Jinki flared, rubbing Taemin's head softly.

"Proving to you that he's a weak little thing, if you want a plaything find someone who doesn't look like he'll cry over every little thing. Taemin is such a punk, he probably he thinks he's the because his mother is Taeyeon, well my father is Death, do I think I'm the ?"

"Actually you ing do. Stop being an dude. Taemin isn't a plaything, I like him. And if I want to be with him I'll be with him. Just cause you're powerful, it doesn't mean you can boss me around. Remember that I'm older than you, respect me." Jinki finished angrily before turning to leave.

Jonghyun stood there in shock. Jinki was one of his best friends and never spoke to him that way! Well he won't lose his friend to that little punk.

"Hyung! I'm sorry, don't be angry." He bowed his head a bit. "I'll be nicer." Except only when you're around.

"Good. But we're going now, so you can go back to what you were going to do before you ran into us." Jinki took his hand off Taemin's waist and held his hand again, walking away with the younger.

"Taemin it's okay, you don't have to be afraid, I'll protect you." He smiled sweetly.

"Thank you Jinki hyung... Where are we going?" Taemin asked cutely.

"Well you introduced me to your brother, I'll take you to meet my little sister, I haven't seen her in months, so it's a nice thing for both of us. And don't worry about meeting my parents, they work all day." Jinki reassured before the boy had any time to protest. 

They walked in silence for about fifteen minutes until Taemin spoke up, "Jinki if you don't mind I'd rather take a cab. Don't worry though, I got it." He smiled widely and waved a cab down. He nudged a confused Jinki into telling the driver the address and they reached their destination in a matter of minutes.

"Woah, this was far! Good thing I got us a ride, huh hyung?"

"Taemin you didn't have to waste your money on a cab," Jinki frowned. He thanked the driver after Taemin paid the man and they stood on the sidewalk. 

"It's not like I use my money on anything besides food. It's okay hyung, you already know my family. I don't need the money, nor do I have to worry about it. Besides, my mom gets excited when I make withdrawals from my account." Taemin smiled again. "So which building is it?"

Jinki chuckled. "Oh yeah, we're both on the wealthy side huh?" Well, you're still wealthier, I wonder if this place will look small in comparison to his home.

"Hey, what's that about? Don't worry hyung. I'm not going to judge your home." 

"Well this is it..." Jinki said with faint pink cheeks.

It was a two story house, two garages, and a big lawn covered in flowers. 

This isn't bad, he made it seem like it was a shack. But I don't want to prove him right by saying my home is twice as big... Taemin just smiled and walked over to the door. "Come on, I wanna meet this little cutie!"

Jinki chuckled and went to the door, slipping his key in and twisting the knob open, "Yoooooonaaaaaa!"

"OOOPPPPAAAA!!!" A small girl's squeals were heard and suddenly Jinki was wrapped in hair being dragged inside, laughing his off. A faint pitter patter of footsteps running downstairs was heard when Jinki was left beside the staircase.

"Hi princess! Did you miss me?" He smiled as he kneeled to hug his little sister.

"Yes!!" She wrapped her little arms around his neck and pecked him on the cheek. "Oppa who's that!" She let her hair grow until it was at the door, a strand wrapping around Taemin's wrist pulling him in. He was scared a bit at first but realized it was just a child, she wouldn't hurt him. He followed the tugging into the large living room. "Hi! I'm Yoona! What's your name?" She beamed.

Taemin couldn't help but squeal at the adorable child in front of him. "Hello cutie, my name is Taemin, but you can call me Taeminnie oppa okay?" 

Yoona giggled, "Taeminnie oppa yeppeo!"

Taemin blushed, "Thank you, but -- Yoona neomu yeppeo~" He sang the line a bit, leaving Yoona gaping at him. 

"Wow! Taeminnie oppa has a pretty voice too! Taeminnie is pretty in everything!"

"Yoona wanna come back to the school with us?" Jinki smiled. "Remember to use your power if someone tries to bully you, okay?"

"Okay!!" She nodded frantically. "I wanna go! Let me pack! AHJUMMAAAA!"

A maid quickly came and picked Yoona up into her arms, "Please help me pack a bag so I can stay overnight with Jinki oppa." 

The maid turned to face a smiling Jinki waving to her and she immediately bowed.

"Sorry young master, I did not know you had arrived. I will help your sister pack and tell the driver to prepare the car." She turned and rushed upstairs.

Jinki turned to Taemin, "I wanna see your home too, it's not fair~" He pouted playfully.

"You can, but when my parents aren't home either, it has to be even! Wait, how will you take Yoona to school?"

"Oh that's not a problem, when I was enrolled into the high school, the headmaster made an exception and allowed me to bring her when I needed to take care of her since she can defend herself."

"Oooh I see. Well let me call my home and see if anyone is home, I live not too far from here."

Taemin dialed his phone and called his mother, "Umma, are you home?" 

"No, I'm on my way to a restaraunt to meet your appa for dinner, wae?"

"No reason, I wanted to stop by and see Eve, and get some stuff. I'll come again in two days since the weekends almost here."

"Ok aegi, be careful, love you."

"Love you too." He hung up and turned to find Jinki carrying Yoona and holding her small pink backpack in his hand. "My parents aren't home, we can stop by so you can see it and meet my dog!" Taemin was excited to see his beautiful little poodle soon.

Jinki giggled while Yoona exclaimed, "Doggy!"

They went out to the car and rode to Taemin's house playing "I Spy" with Yoona. When they arrived, Jinki's jaw dropped.

Taemin lived in a mansion. There were tons of luxurious cars in the back, the front yard was practically a field, there was a huge gate surrounding the house with the surname "Lee" in cursive in the front. Taemin pretended not to notice Jinki and Yoona's amazement and proceeded to walk to the gate where a doorman was waiting and opening it. 

"Master Taeminnie! Here to see Eve?" The guy chuckled.

"But of course hyung! That's my baby! I have to see her often or I'll die." He smiled and waved the other two over so they could follow him in.

"Friends?" 

"Yup! See you again when I leave hyung. I'll be back on Saturday, we could watch a movie if you want. I don't like this lame job for you, it's so degrading."

"Money is money Taemin-ah, go inside now, I'll see you Saturday then." The doorman smiled and waved off Taemin.

Taemin grabbed Jinki's free wrist that wasn't holding Yoona and pulled him all the way to the front door. Yet before Taemin could even knock it was sprung open, by a girl a few years younger than Taemin.

"Oppa!!" She smiled and lunged at him, pulling him into a tight hug. 

Jinki shut his hand into a fist. Who the hell is this? No Jinki calm down, who cares who it is, he's not your boyfriend you psycho.

"Taeminnie oppa who's that!" Yoona demanded more than asked, she noticed how her big brother was suddenly upset at the new character. She didn't understand why, but if her brother was upset so was she.

Taemin tried prying the girl off of him, "This is Shin Hye, Park Shin Hye, we've known each other since we were little, I'd always sing to her."

Shin Hye looked up at him and smiled, "I missed you, I want to go to school with you oppa, I'll control my powers soon to show the headmaster that I belong there too!" She then turned to Jinki and Yoona and smiled. 

"It's okay oppa, I want anything that will make Taemin oppa happy, even if it's not me. As long as he's happy, I don't care what he does or who he's with."

Jinki blushed. "How did you--"

"I can read minds like Taemin oppa! I also have something voice related, though I'm not a siren," she pouted. "I wish I could be just like oppa. But my vocal power is sonic screech. I can scream and cause others pain, and the sound is loud enough to send waves of vibration to shake things. But I can't brainwash people, otherwise, I would have taken oppa a long time ago!" She giggled. 

Jinki and Taemin chuckled, the girl was cute. Even though she gets on Taemin's nerves sometimes, he loves her. She was a childhood friend who would tag along with Taemin, Jongin and Minho. She loved the three, but especially Taemin. She'd cling to him often and would confess her love for him constantly but as they got older she didn't care if she wasn't loved back, she just wanted to see the guy she loved happy. If he was happy, she could deal with the heartbreak.

Yoona climbed out of Jinki's hold and ran over to Shin Hye. "Unnie! You're pretty, like Taeminnie oppa!"

"Ah thank you," Shin Hye bowed her head, "But Taeminnie oppa is way prettier!" She laughed and smiled and the little girl.

"Wanna see my power?" Yoona asked with hopeful eyes. 

"Oh, yeah! Show me, it's probably super cool," the older girl smiled.

Yoona's hair instantly grew and wrapped around Shin Hye's waist and hoisted her up in the air, passing the rooftop of Taemin's house. But that wasn't what anyone was expecting.

Taemin instantly freaked out and shouted, "Yoona! Put her down! Quickly!!" He ran over to the confused child.

"Why? My friends like when I do this!"

"Shin's afraid of heights!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The screech came from above, making the three bend over in pain.

"P-put her down Yoong, she's scared," Jinki muttered trying to open his eyes. "Now!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The screech was louder and now causing more pain than before.

Yoona unconsciously released the hold on Shin Hye, causing the other to fall. 

"OPPPAAAAA!" Shin Hye was now falling, tears streaming down her face.

Taemin lifted both hands and concentrated on lowering his friend, quickly but safely. As soon as he placed her down he ran over to her, "I'm sorry Shin, I didn't know that would happen!" Taemin hugged her tightly as she sobbed into his shoulder.

"Min, that w-was s-s-so scary," she muffled and clutched onto him tighter.

"Yah, Yoona you little booger, can't you see you scared your unnie, go say sorry." Jinki said on one knee. 

Yoona ran over and tugged on Shin Hye's shirt, "Unnie, I-I'm sorry! I didn't know! Don't be sad! Oppa can show you something that will make you happy!" Yoona turned to face a Jinki that was just smiling and immediately changed the scene.

Jinki transformed everything so that it was just Shin Hye and Taemin. They were on a field of flowers and the sun was setting so that the sky was pink and purple. 

Taemin rubbed Shin Hye's back and patted her, so she turned around and saw the beautiful scenery.

"O-oppa?"

"Just for this moment, be selfish. Think about yourself. Do what makes you happy," he smiled softly and hugged her waist, leaving them face to face.

"What makes me happy will never make you happy Minnie," she teared but smiled. Leaning in, she closed her eyes and pecked his cheeks. "Thank you for always staying by my side."

----

What the heck was that? I'll never know! 
*New Character introduced! None other than Park Shin Hye, I love her omg. But she's just a side character, like everyone. No one is as important as Onew and Taemin.

So here's what happened:
- Jonghyun introduced
- Yoona introduced
- Shin Hye introduced
- Shin Hye's fear of heights causes a problem in which Jinki, Taem and Yoona try to fix
- Shin Hye remains selfless and doesn't take advantage of Taemin's indirect offer to kiss him

woop. Well, I love all my subscribers because you guys make me excited to write more, but I really hope you all answered the poll from the last chapter please!

Comment if there's any questions or suggeestions! Thank you so much for reading (: