Chapter 7

Most Valuable Players

A few minutes prior:

Taemin was walking over to Jinki while Jongin sat himself at the bench.

Jongin was watching the two elders, feeling somehow sad as he looked at the heartbroken frown of the man he had yet to meet.

Suddenly a hand gripped Jongin's shoulder tightly, a strangely familiar and burning grasp.

"You came to the wrong neck of the woods, kid," the voice uttered.

Jongin froze for a second, yet as he was about to scream the hand clasped over his mouth. His eyes widened, now certain that the "stranger" was actually his godbrother. He turned around and was met face to face with Minho. Minho let go of the younger's mouth and smiled, hopping over the bench to sit and watch his other godbrother.

"So what's the scoop? Taeminnie-ah got himself a boyfriend?"

"Actually not yet, he's about to, but let's give him a scare," Jongin smirked evilly. He grabbed Minho's wrist and ran to hide behind a fat tree.

--

Taemin had frozen, looking around for his little brother. Jinki had gotten up and was starting to feel worried for Taemin, who was in a full panic mode.

"Jongin!? Jooonginnnnn!!!!" Taemin screamed.

He waved his hands up and with his swift movements tossed and rearranged the field, including trees and shrubs.

He then spotted the boy with another familiar figure and all his worry melted away. Jongin was laughing his lungs out while Minho giggled, Taemin just smiled, knowing that Minho was at least friendly towards is baby brother. He waved his brother over and turned to Jinki.

"So before I was so desperately scared, I want you to meet my little brother," Taemin finished.

Jongin walked over, leaving Minho a few steps behind, and bowed. "Annyeong, I'm Jongin, Taemin's devilishly handsome younger brother."

Taemin whacked the back of Jongin's head and laughed, "Yah, get over yourself."

"Nice to meet you Jongin, my name is Jinki," Jinki greeted with a big smile.

"So Jinki, what do you think of my brother's sudden change, pretty cute huh! He's dyed it red before and a bunch of hyungs and noonas were practically throwing themselves mff--!"

Taemin had clasped his hand over his brother's mouth, muffling the embarassing words that had yet to come.

Minho watched from behind, a few feet away. He smiled softly, Jinki was a kind fellow that was for sure. Jinki was also loved and admired by many, completely opposite of Taemin. If the two being together could get people to like Taemin, he was glad, because that meant he could quit the charade he had been keeping up.

"The color looks very nice on him," Jinki said with a sincere smile and turned to Taemin, "You look very handsome." And y too. He wiggled his eyebrows knowing Taemin was listening.

"Y-yah, what's with that..." Taemin scolded with a blush.

Minho cleared his throat and Jongin smiled at him. "Well, I'll be leaving now, wanna come along Jongin?" He smirked. Maybe give them some alone time...

Taemin reddened at Minho's thoughts but before he could speak up Jongin nodded and left with their hyung.

--

Hours had passed and Taemin and Jinki had gone out for a walk, trying to deepen their friendship so that Taemin could feel comfortable with the idea of an actual relationship. They stopped by an ice cream parlor and sat inside.

"So your favorite flavor is vanilla?" Taemin asked as Jinki watched the worker scoop a ball of vanilla into a waffle cone.

"Ne, and strawberry, one scoop of that too please," Jinki smiled sweetly at the female worker who in turn blushed and looked down to scoop his other flavor.

Taemin had ordered chocolate and pistachio. He was gobbling it up and smiled at Jinki oblivious to his brown mustache.

Jinki chuckled and leaned forward, wiping it off with his thumb. Taemin blushed.

"Aigoo, so cute Taemin," Jinki said.

Taemin looked down and his ice cream cone and just stared at it, trying to avoid thinking about kissing Jinki's plump lips until...

Splat

"Omo! Mianhae! I didn't mean for that to happen, sorry hyung!" Taemin pouted as he grabbed a ton of napkins and patted the ice cream off of Jinki's laughing face.

'It's okay Taemin-ah, you know you're very cute when you're flustered," he smiled. "Come on, let's keep walking."

He helped Taemin finish wiping up his mess and grabbed his hand, pulling him out back to the street full of little shops.

"I know you don't wanna be my boyfriend yet, but that doesn't mean I can't treat you as such." Another heartwarming smile from Jinki sent Taemin to cloud nine, he couldn't believe how incredibly sweet and kind this guy was to him. Or how the elder even liked him back, maybe liked him more than Taemin felt for Jinki.

He's holding my hand, but where are we going, his hands are so warm and... tiny and... chubby, omo so cute~ Taemin squealed internally at the thought of Jinki and his cute little hands.

Jinki walked further towards a small kiosk that had tons of phone accessories. He let go of Taemin's hand and signaled for him to look and choose. Taemin pointed and unconsciously held the keychain in the air causing the vendor's eyes to widen before realizing he was one of the "special ones."

In the world they lived in, everyone lived among each other. Both humans and the gifted ones. However, not all was at peace. Though all lived among one another, there were those with evil thoughts and impurities. There were the superhumans who took advantage of their power and terrorized those who were weaker, especially the humans. There were also humans who hated those "things" that weren't normal, and had made an association to hunt and kill those "monsters."

But, Taemin was the son of Taeyeon, who was known by many. After she had settled down and created a family, she became a sweet, caring woman. Loving of all, both superhuman and human. She was treated as a queen by many, though she was humble and modest. She never treated anyone with disrespect. And because Taemin was the son of the greatly known Taeyeon, the humans treated him with respect, unlike his colleagues at his school.

"You like that bunny one Taemin?" Jinki asked with a smile.

"Ne, it sorta looks like you," Taemin giggled.

Jinki smiled and blushed and grabbed the one beside it that had a different colored bow-tie. "I'll take these two, ahjumma." Jinki's bright smile was contagious, leaving a smile on the woman's face as well.

"Kamsahamnida!" Jinki took the small bag from her and grabbed Taemin's hand once more, pulling him to a nearby bench.

He pulled the keychains out, along with taking his phone out of his pocket. "May I see your phone?"

"Ah, yes." Taemin quickly took out his phone and giggled when he realized they had the same phone and same case in different colors.

"So we are meant to be," Jinki chuckled. He pulled the small loop of the keychain through the small hole the case had and made a knot, repeating the steps with his phone case. "There we go~"

Taemin blushed. "Jinki hyung, why are you so nice to me?"

Jinki chuckled a bit before finally answering.

"Because I like you."  

---

I really wanted to end the chapter all cute before I add some drama to this~

but... AH. YES. Let the OnTae commence. 
Hmm what else can I add to this?

Oh, to confirm something, Jongin does not, I repeat not like Suho. We'll learn more about Jongin's life later.

Besides that, please answer the following poll so I can know what to do with Jjong and my life haha!

Please leave a comment, and thanks for reading!