Chapter 6

Most Valuable Players

Who's aegi? Krystal and Jinki thought simultaneously, causing Taemin to stop his quick movements.

"Ah, that was my little brother." He grabbed his bag and walked over to Krystal. "I'm sorry I couldn't hang out with you today, maybe next time and with the noonas!" He smiled brightly, turning to show off his grin to his three new friends. "Again, I'm sorry," he bowed his head and lifted Krystal's hand, placing a small kiss on it and dashed out the door.

Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Jessica quickly circled Krystal.

"Spill it!" Jessica grinned.

"Weeeeell, ahem... I like Taemin oppa, and w-well I kinda confessed to him already," Krystal responded with a big smile and dark red face.

"Aww! Our little baby girl is growing up!" Hyoyeon exclaimed as she wiped an imaginary tear.

"Yah stop that," Yuri laughed, "Well I'm happy Taemin is befriending people now, hopefully that godbrother of his hops off the bandwagon and protects him too." Her smiled faded a bit. Yuri had developed a big crush on Minho over the years, and she basically knew all there was to know about him. Even small details like this. "He's too hot-headed, getting upset for every little thing," she thought out loud.

"Unnie, he IS a fire demon. Don't forget that if you yourself get him upset, he might just breathe that fire and end you!" Krystal giggled.

"Yeah Yuri, they don't call him 'Flaming Charisma' for nothing!" Jessica nudged Yuri's arm in attempt to get her to relax and smile.

All four girls had forgotten about the other two boys and the rest of the class.

Key folding his clothes and placing them back into his expensive designer bag, while Jinki was just listening intently to what the girls were saying. 

He got up and brushed his hands on his pants and left the room quietly and unseen, once he was out he ran in the direction he smelled Taemin. Yes, Jinki had used his mimicry to take Key's power and used it to take the qualities of a dog. He smelled Taemin's sweet scent that went down the long hallway which led to the front of the school. Jinki quickly morphed into a wolf and sprinted towards the entrance of MVP's Special building. Once he was a few feet away, he spotted Taemin and quickly changed back into his usual body.

On the other hand, Taemin could sense he was being followed but payed no mind to it. He continued to walk at a fast pace and spotted Jongin and Suho.

"Hey guys!" Taemin smiled and waved as he jogged over to the two.

"Hi hyung," Jongin smiled.

"Hello Taemin-ah," Suho greeted.

"Thank you for taking care of him Suho hyung, I know he's a brat," Taemin said while he playfully stuck his tongue out at his brother. 

"Merong!" Jongin stuck his tongue out back.

"No problem, anything for my best friend's cute brother," Suho grinned.

Taemin looked down and blushed.

Jinki was only a few feet away, peeking from behind a nearby tree. Bastard.

Taemin quickly lifted his head and turned towards the direction of the tree and Jinki turned equally as fast to hide.

"Well hyung we should get going before your food gets cold," Jongin said noticing his brother's weird behavior.

"Ah.. right...." He continued to stare at the tree. "Well thanks again Suho hyung!" Taemin bowed and left with Jongin.

The second Taemin had bowed, Jinki crouched down and waddled over to a bush. As Taemin and Jongin passed the tree, Taemin peered around but noticed that who he thought was following his was no longer there.

The two brothers had made it safely to Taemin's dorm room without any problems. Taemin walked up to his door and slowly pulled out his key as he thought to himself. Surely that was Jinki. It sounded like him. But why would he follow me? He unlocked the door and Jongin pushed him in.

"Yah! What the heck is on your mind, why are you so out of it??" The younger asked, a bit frustrated.

"N-nothing. I was just... I don't know... Have you ever liked someone?" Taemin blushed and looked down. He was asking his younger brother for advice. He picked up the to-go box and opened it to find some delicious Mexican food. "Before you answer that, what is this?" He smiled, inhaling the wonderful smell of the food.

"Those are obviously tacos and these things are called -- wait -- oh yeah! Mulitas." Jongin responded, remembering the awesome flavor that food had.

"And that is...?" Taemin inquired.

"Basically a taco sandwich, those are tortillas, that's the meat and cheese, and in the bag there's a bunch of the sides they had." Jongin pulled the small containers that held red and green salsas and small plastic bags filled with veggies and other--" He stopped his sentence as he watched his usually graceful, beautiful brother scarfing down what he had just described like a monster. 

"Thiff ith gweat!" Taemin cheered with the said food in his mouth.

Jongin chuckled and got up to get him some napkins. "Oh yeah! I got you this one rice milk drink called horchata, Suho hyung really likes Mexican food." He turned and found Taemin gulping down the drink.

"Ahh," he said after putting the white styrofoam cup down, "this is really awesome. I never knew there was more than just tacos~" Taemin giggled.

"Aish, so ignorant!" Jongin lightly punched Taemin's arm. "Next time, you and I should go together hyung, or maybe you can go with that mystery person you seem to have a crush on~"

"Yah!!!!!!! Who said I liked anyone?!"

"Taemin, you asked if I liked someone and the answer is yes. I have and I do. And I know what it feels like, at first you're frustrated but then you think about that person's features and personality, and you start to melt at the mere thought of them. You may not know this person to well, but you obviously know them enough to have developed small feelings towards them."

Taemin had agreed with the fact that this frustrated him but the second part he disagreed with. He then started to picture Jinki in his mind. Well yeah he's handsome, those small cheerful eyes, his big goofy grin, nice hair, nice body... yah pabo, stop that, -- he's kind and too damn caring, ugh! Jonginnie is right, I'm swooning just thinking about this guy!

"Y-you're right, I do like him... But I'm not ready for a relationship," Taemin stated. "I dunno. I feel like I need to be better, and at least get to know him more."

"Pabo, you do not need to change a single thing about yourself. But you should get to know this guy more." Jongin wanted his brother to be happy. If having this mystery man made his brother happier and protected his sweet hyung, he didn't mind it. Though Jongin was never fond of the idea of his brother dating someone, he was too kind and weak to say no, he feared his brother would get , not that the siren within him minded.

"I know I don't have to change, but there's something I wanna do..."

"Uh-oh," Jongin said playfully.

"I wanna dye my hair... Red."

--

"Hyung, you are gonna kill this crush of yours! If he doesn't fall for you now then just find someone else cause you look hot!"

"Man, you sound creepy Jongin, haha. Does it really look good?" Taemin was doubting his decision though it was too late, he ran his fingers through his hair, staring into the mirror.

"Well I mean we have basically the same face so I can call you hot because I'm hot. But anyway! Yes you're smokin'," Jongin smirked.

"I'm gonna go change and maybe you can come with me to the practice yard, maybe Jinki hyung will be there and I can show you who he is," Taemin left the bathroom and went into his room, digging for his favorite ripped skinny jeans and a loose white top. He pulled on some black boots and linked arms with Jongin.

"I still don't think it's fair that you guys don't need to wear uniform," Jongin pouted.

"You think some of those monsters will ever fit a uniform, you swear! There are some ugly things out there, bumpy, spiky things. Plus, some of the students have exercises and training that requires shorts and tank tops. We don't have time to be changing back and forth." Taemin glanced around, waving his arms to put away his trash from lunch and headed towards the door.

"Show-off, you can just do that manually!"

"Shuddup, that was faster and you know it," Taemin smirked. As they left the room, Taemin waved his index finger and slammed his door, just to annoy his baby brother. 

Jongin sighed but laughed, "Yes okay I get it hyung."

--

Taemin was correct, Jinki was practicing.

I should just leave him alone. He wants to avoid me. I don't know what I did, but I guess I annoyed him. I'll just apologize to him and leave him alone from now on, Jinki thought.

Jinki had lined up his old things he didn't need anymore, and had taken someone's - Minho's- fire powers. He slowly burned each item.

Taemin and Jongin were watching him from behind, Taemin was listening to the elder's thoughts, his heart saddened. His own ignorance was hurting someone else's feelings.

"I have to go apologize to him, follow me and sit on a nearby bench, no scratch that," Taemin waved his left hand over in the direction of a bench and lifted his hand high, aiming to place it 10 feet behind Jinki. "Sit there, scream if anything happens."

Jongin rolled his eyes but he knew his brother meant well. "Okay okay, go get your man." He laughed once he saw how red Taemin became.

Taemin tiptoed over to Jinki and stopped when he was right behind him. The man was too sad to notice the new presence behind him and carried on to burn the last item. A small journal.

Goodbye old friend, you've helped me release all my emotions, but now it's time for me to grow up and stop with such a girly habit.

He lifted his finger slowly, ready to flick the last, tiny flame. But Taemin stopped him.

"No, don't do that," he whispered sadly.

"Aigoo!" Jinki jumped.

"Don't burn your journal pabo..." Taemin sat beside Jinki.

"Wh- oh Taemin, I have to tell you, I'm--"

"No! Don't be sorry, I should be sorry. I misunderstood you, I really want to be your friend. And I realized that I like you too Jinki hyung. Like you, like you." He blushed a light shade of pink as he revealed his feelings.

Jinki just sat there in shock, with a faint smile on his face.

"Oh and there's someone I'd like you to meet, my broth--" Taemin stopped. Where was Jongin? Why was the bench empty? Where was the cry for help he told his brother to do?! Taemin's eyes were wide in fear.

 

--

Can anyone else tell that I really want some Mexican food right now? Ugh, I need some yummies in my tummy~

I have now introduced Minho's power. And OnTae is moving along now, but where the heck is Kai!?

Anyway, thank you to all my subscribers, you really motivate me into writing!
Please leave a comment if there's something: you didn't understand, you'd like to see, you'd like to avoid, and your overall thoughts!

Thank you for reading! <3