Chapter 14

Most Valuable Players

The following day, Taemin had gotten up early to go to class. After getting dressed and eating a light breakfast, he ran out the dorm room and down the steps going to the main building.

Once he arrived, he took his time to stroll around before heading to class since he still had about 20 minute before it started. He felt at peace, that is, until a voice spoke to him sending chills down his spine.

"Hey you," Jonghyun called out.

"H-hello," Taemin stuttered and bowed before the elder.

"Long time no see Taemin-ah," the man said before swiftly punching the younger in the stomach.

Taemin let out a weak whimper but cleared his throat, "A-ah, you're right."

"You're not trying to avoid me, are you?" Jonghyun said while widening his eyes a bit, his voice hinting sarcasm.

Taemin frantically shook his head, "No! I've just been with Jinki..."

"And you think Jinki actually wants to be with you?"

The words really made an impact on Taemin due to his previous vision. He remained silent and Jonghyun smirked.

"Face it Taemin, though you're an annoying little , you have a pretty face and nice . But that's all you are to Jinki." Jonghyun saw that his words were really hitting the boy hard so he continued. "I bet you already put out for him, that's really what he wanted. He just wanted to take your powers. That's all he wan--"

Slap

"Even if that's all he wanted, at least he was kind to me and treated me right. Even if he's as despicable as you're saying, he's not as much of an as you are," Taemin responded with a shaky voice and tears in his eyes.

He glanced down at his watch, noticing his class would start in a bit. He turned and ran in the direction of his classroom, leaving a shocked Jonghyun clutching his cheek.

--

When class was over, Taemin waited for everyone to leave first as he slowly put his stuff away. He got up once he saw the last student leave and headed towards the door.

"Yah," a voice called to him.

Taemin turned his head to face Kibum.

"Yes?" Taemin said with a careless tone. He wasn't in any mood for anything. Because maybe his hunch was right, maybe Jinki did use him.

"I heard you slapped my boyfriend." Key said while crossing his arms. "Didn't know you had any courage."

"Didn't know he was such a ."

Key's eyes widened and he lunged himself forward at Taemin, slapping him.

"What did you say?!"

"I said your boyfriend is a , and an , he feeds off of everyone else's misery. Sure, maybe he loves you, but face it, he's a monster that even you know you're afraid of," Taemin gripped Key's wrists and threw him to the ground. "Don't ever ing touch me again Kibum." He began walking towards his next class before he stopped and said, "And don't expect to see me at dance ever again. You can be captain all by yourself, just like you've always wanted." And with those last words, he left Kibum on the ground whose eyes looked like they'd pop out of his head.

--

During his vision control class, Taemin was already worn out and afraid of dying. But what really got to him were Jonghyun's words, and he just wanted to crawl into his bed and never see anyone again.

While he was focusing on trying to call a vision, the door opened and his professor began to speak. "Class, we have a new student."

Taemin turned to see Jinki standing there, waving at him. Jinki quickly introduced himself and bowed before running over to where Taemin was.

"Hellooo~" he smiled.

"Hey," Taemin shortly responded before turning back to face the black wall, placing his hands on his temples, concentration clearly shown on his face.

"Whatcha doin?" Jinki asked cutely.

"Trying to summon a vision, just like you should be doing." Taemin said solemnly. Leave me alone.

His boyfriend's eyes widened, "Taemin, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that I'm trying to work hard and you're bothering me." Please go away, I don't want to see you.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Jinki said quietly before getting up and moving to a seat away from Taemin.

After a few moments, Taemin turned to see Jinki happily chatting to other students. He doesn't need me. Maybe he was right... Tears began to build in Taemin's eyes and he excused himself, running to the restroom.

He the sink and rinsed his face with cold water.

Suddenly the door flew open and Jinki rushed in.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jinki frowned.

"I'm fine, please just leave me alone Jinki." Please.

Open up to me. "Why? Why don't you want me around?"

"Because he finally realized he's nothing but a little plaything," Jonghyun said as he stepped into the restroom.

"What?" Jinki turned around to face Jonghyun. "What did you just say?"

"Oh come on Jinki! How long are you going to keep this facade up? We all know you just wanted his powers and that you wanted to get into his pants."

Taemin started tearing up again and pushed through Jinki and Jonghyun out of the restroom.

"Sorry man, but that was the only way to get rid of him. He's coming between us, you know?" Jonghyun said casually while putting an arm around his friend.

All Jinki could see was red, "Are you psychotic?!!?" Pushing Jonghyun off of him.

"What!? I'm just trying to get my friend back and away from such a loser!" ...

At that moment, the only thing Jinki could think of doing was punch his "friend", and so, he did.

"Awww !" Jonghyun's hands flew up to his now bleeding nose, "Why'd you do that Jinki!?" Tears were building in his eyes from the pain in his nose.

"Yeah, you really are such an amazing friend. I thought you of all people would understand how much I love him and want to make him happy. What Kibum is to you and means to you," Jinki paused and used his illusionist powers to create an image of a smiling Kibum and set him next to Jonghyun, Jonghyun smiled at his boyfriend but when he was about to reach out and hug him, he transformed into Taemin and stood beside Jinki. "That's what Taemin is to me. So either you get used to it or get out of my life." The illusion fazed out and Jinki turned around and stormed out of the restroom in hopes of catching up to his boyfriend.

Jonghyun stood there, clutching onto his nose. The words really got him. So he means that much to him huh?

Just then, Minho walked in and saw the vulnerable Jonghyun before him. So he built up all his courage and set his shallow need for popularity aside.

I know I'm not a great cousin, but I hope what I'm about to do makes up for it. "Jonghyun hyung, I'm sorry. But this is for all the times you really messed up Taemin."

And with that, Minho socked Jonghyun across the face, landing the elder on the ground. He got on his knees and began to beat Jonghyun senseless. Each punch burning and sizzling Jonghyun's skin. But the thing was, Jonghyun never once fought back.

He laid there, and he took it.

---

Taemin was sitting by himself underneath a tree near the river that divided the schools. He had cried all the way there, but was now resting his tired eyes and falling asleep.

A figure was approaching Taemin, but the boy was already asleep.

The man stepped closer and crouched down, brushing Taemin's bangs out of his eyes. He smiled and the beautiful boy sleeping. The man leaned in to Taemin's ear and whispered, "I've always admired you from afar, Taemin. Ever since you first came to this school." He brushed his thumb on Taemin's cheek and stood up. Before leaving, he used his power of necromancy, bringing the dried up flowers around the tree to life. Smiling to himself, he took one last glance of the sleeping beauty in the patch of lovely flowers and left.

An hour after the man left, Taemin was stirring in his sleep and woke up when he felt the breeze send a chill down his spine.

He sat up and yawned, rubbing his eyes with his fists resembling a small child.

He looked around and gaped at the gorgeous sight, "Wha-- Wow... What happened here?" He crawled around a bit and began to pick the flowers, feeling better and forgetting about the drama that happened earlier. After picking one of each flower, he stood up and dusted off his pants. And ever so slowly and calmly he returned to his room, where his boyfriend awaited with a broken heart.

--

Once he arrived to his dorm, he slowly turned the handle and went in, finding a panicked Jinki on his sofa thinking dozens of negative things.

He hates me, I'm sorry Taemin, please come home and don't hate me... If you leave me what will I do with myself? I care about you so much, I already love you...

Taemin gasped, and Jinki's head immediately snapped up and face the door.

"T-Taemin? Taemin! I'm sorry, I should've stood up for you sooner! I'm sorry I left you alone, I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

"Jinki... What did you say?" Taemin took a step forward, eyes filled with hope.

"I said I'm sorry, please baby, don't leave me..."

"No... You said-- Nevermind, just forget it. I'm going to make some food, do you want anything in particular?" It was probably just my imagination... and insecurities.

Jinki was confused with Taemin's words and thoughts but instead of answering the younger, he remained in deep thought.

"Ugh, do you even want to eat anything at all?" This time, Taemin's tone wasn't so sweet, in fact, it was a bit snappy.

Jinki looked up in shock, never had Taemin spoken to him that way. Immediately, he got up and walked over to the boy who was boiling pasta and preparing the meat and sauce for it.

"It's lasagna, I'm making enough for leftovers and in case you end up eating some." Like always.

Jinki was hurt that the boy was pointing out his flaws, even though Taemin usually commented on how cute they were. Jinki wrapped his arms around Taemin's waist from behind and hid his face in the boy's neck.

Don't treat me this way. Don't. Please Taemin, you're breaking my heart.

And you're breaking mine, Taemin thought back, tears streaming down his face as he continued to stir the sauce in the pot.

What did I do?

It's what you didn't do and aren't doing.

Tell me.

If I have to tell you, it's even worse. Please let me go. Taemin was now glad that Jinki had mindreading abilities, if he had to open his mouth, he'd be choking on his sobs and wouldn't be able to get a word out.

"Taemin please... Don't do this... I-- I love you."

~~

boop. okay okAY OKAY. I UPDATED PONYO, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, WILL I STOP GETTING SCOLDED 
//cries//

okay but seriously! I hope you enjoyed the dramaaaaa, I needed a bit of angst up in here~
too happy=boring

whoooo was that mysterious admirer? CATHY YOU'LL PROBABLY GUESS WHOOOO~
since he was in my first fic //hinthint//

anyway dudes! thanks for reading and subscribing? (have you been, i don't remember xD)

please comment!
-moe <3