Chapter 2

Most Valuable Players

"Hello," the man said. 

Taemin quickly looked down and the ground, "H-hi."

The man smirked at the boy's reaction, and looked him up and down. "Like what you see?"

Taemin blushed furiously because he did believe the man was handsome, but decided to ignore the question. "Y-you can perform mimicry?" He said before finally looking up.

"That's not all, I am also an illusionist. Look at there," the stranger said while pointing to the beautiful scenery.

Taemin turned his head and looked at the campus that was suddenly becoming a living hell. The trees withered and became dry and black. The skys turned into a frightening scarlet with grey clouds. The grass dried and became patchy, revealing patches of dirt. The students that had been sitting on a bench were no longer there, but were replaced with a couple of humans that were shouting and crying in fear. Taemin's eyes widened at the horrid view in front of him. The man beside him noticed and quickly snapped his fingers, changing everything back to the original scene.

"Wha--How did you do that?" Taemin was all too amazed, and suddenly realized something. "Wait, you have more than one power?"

"I sure do cutie, why?"

Taemin blushed at the compliment. "I've never met someone with more than one ability... I have more than one too..."

The man's face was surprised and impressed. 

"But, before I go into further detail, I'll introduce myself. My name is Lee Taemin, and I'm sorry for so creepily watching you practice."

The man chuckled, "Nice to meet you Taemin, my name is Lee Jinki." He held out his hand. Taemin reached for it and Jinki grabbed it and placed a kiss on it.

Taemin blushed again.

"W-well, are mimicry and illusions your only powers?"

"Ne, that I know of. Even though my mimicry basically gives me everyone's powers."

"It only gave you one of mine though..." 

"That's true, but I guess my power has its' limits too, you know?" Jinki chuckled.

Taemin smiled. This was the first time someone was actually kind to him. 

"I've never seen you around the school Jinki.."

"I often ditch my classes. I like to practice my illusions, if I do show up to class it's just to absorb powers."

"So you're a bad student. I'm not sure if I like you anymore," Taemin said jokingly.

Jinki gasped dramatically, "And here I thought I've made a new friend."

Taemin smiled and blushed at the word. The word he'd never thought he'd hear. The word that was suddenly ringing around his head.

"Well Taemin, come on I'm dying to see your powers!" 

He giggled at Jinki's words and prepared himself, thinking of which he should start with. "Jinki, could you please picture your favorite flavor of ice cream."

Jinki lifted his eyebrows, but then furrowed them deep in thought.

"Mint Chocolate Chip~" Taemin said sweetly.

"Ahh, so you can read minds and you have telekinesis," Jinki smiled. "Anything else?"

"Uh yes, but I'm sorry in advance," Taemin said before he began to sing. He sang a sweet melody that made Jinki's legs unconsciously drag him forward towards Taemin. Taemin let out a small smirk as he continued to sing, Jinki wrapped his arms around Taemin's waist and right when he was about to kiss him, Taemin's song became bitter. He started screeching, tormenting Jinki, whose body was cowering in pain. He fell onto his knees, screaming in pain before Taemin finally stopped.

Jinki got up and looked at Taemin. "You're amazing!" 

Taemin turned red for the nth time and smiled. "Thank you. I have another power, but it's sort of hard to contr--" And as if on purpose, Taemin's eyes lit up.

His eyes became golden and Jinki watched him intently. Taemin's body trembled a bit, and the vision came clear. It was in his own perspective, and it was dark. He saw Jinki, panting heavily on top of him. Sweating and shirtless. He could hear the moans between him and Jinki, and suddenly the vision shut off. Taemin had gained enough control to shut off the embarrassing and shocking vision. He turned 50 shades of red and looked at Jinki, before looking back at the ground too embarrassed to look the other in the eye.

"So what just happened?" Jinki smiled.

"I-I had a vision. I'm also a psychic. I am a mind-reading, telekinetic, psychic siren." He said with a small giggle, hearing his long title.

"Very interesting. What did you just see?"

Taemin's eyes widened and he looked up at Jinki. Should I lie? No lying is wrong... but how could I tell him such a thing? That's too embarrassing! Ugh. 

"It was nothing," Taemin tried.

"No, you're hiding something... Did it have something to do with me?" Jinki smirked.

"N-ne," Taemin shut his eyes tightly.

Jinki stepped closer to him and caressed his cheek seductively. "Please tell me~"

"F-fine... It was---how do I put this--- uhh, well it was in my point of view.... and well you were on top of me," he shut his eyes tightly, "And we were -- uhmm -- please don't make me say it," Taemin pouted.

The gears in Jinki's head were finally grinding and he had realized what happened. He felt a bit embarrassed himself. This , now how am I supposed to ask him out on a date without him thinking I have other intentions...

"Y-you want to ask me out on a date?" Taemin asked a bit shocked. He didn't think he'd have a friend in his immortal life, let alone think about dating anyone. Though he did prefer the male gender over females. "...I'd like to go on a date with you if that's okay," he said with sudden courage.

Jinki was taken aback, he had forgotten Taemin could hear his thoughts, but he never thought the seemingly timid boy would actually take an interest in him.

"Well, would you like to go somewhere right--" Jinki's offer was cut off by the sound of his cell phone.

Aju bbeokigayo
Aju bbeok-bbeok-bbeok-bbeok-bbeokigayo
Dulmanbomyeon nado mollae--

"Hello?" Jinki asked, with a bit of embarrassment at his selection of ringtone. "Oh man! I'm sorry, I completely forgot.... I was sort of busy.. Yeah? Can we hang out tomorrow?... Because I wanted to hang out with someone right now."

Taemin overheard everything and once again discovered a new power. He could hear the conversation happening even though Jinki was actually a large enough distance where one with normal hearing would never be able to hear him. Taemin had advanced hearing, and now he was going to use that conviently alongside with his mindreading.

Damnit Jonghyun, you talk so much. I want to go back to him. I want to start this date already. But what Jinki was actually saying was, "Ok sorry Jjong.. Yeah.. I'll meet up with you tomorrow okay? Yeah... Yeah... Tell Kibum I said hi. Ne. Bye." He hung up the phone. Jeez, finally.

Jinki jogged back to Taemin who was trying to hide his smile. 

"Let's go get some lunch?" Jinki asked with a grin.

"Sure," Taemin said happily. My first friend.

 

--

Hello guys!<3

Thanks for reading ch 2! I hope you enjoyed Taemin's 1st encounter with Jinki.

I have a question, do you guys want side couples or--? I'm
not sure if I should add any because sometimes they get in the way,
but whatever~ Any comments? c:

See you next chapter~