Chapter 5

Most Valuable Players

"Do you wanna be mine?" He growled seductively.

"No thanks," she responded nonchalantly before turning to leave.

"W-what!?" Minho stood shocked, no one had ever turned him down before.

"I said no thank you, I already have someone I like," Krystal answered truthfully.

"And who may that be?"

"Taemin oppa."

Minho chuckled, "Yeah right. I don't even think he likes girls."

Krystal flicked her wrist, sending Minho flying all the way across the hall. "Don't speak about him that way," she glared.

He got up and as he walked back chuckled again, "Actually I can say whatever about my godbrother. Anyway if you change your mind, you know how to find me." He winked at her and walked away.

Minho was telling the truth. He and Taemin were, in fact, godbrothers. Taeyeon was Minho's godmother and Boa, Minho's mother, was Taemin's. As children, Minho, Taemin and Jongin were inseperable. They played together often and were over each other's homes constantly. When Minho's father died, Minho changed into a serious boy. No longer was he the cheerful boy he used to be, he stopped playing with the Lee brothers and isolated himself from his family. Though he didn't show it, he was very protective of Taemin and Jongin, but he also was one to follow what everyone else did and picked on Taemin in public. On the inside, however, he wanted to punch himself for even name calling the boy who was like his little brother. Taemin thought it had to do with his father's death so he just allowed Minho to bully him, yet he did always run away when he saw him.

Meanwhile, Taemin had gone across the river to visit Jongin.

"Hyung!" Jongin was sitting on a bench, looking through his cell phone.

"Hello~" Taemin smiled as he slowed his pace over to his brother. "Done with all your classes for today?"

"Yup, just waiting for Suho hyung to finish his last lecture so when can go get a bite to eat." Jongin got out of his seat to hug his brother.

"Aw well wherever you choose to eat, please bring me something~" Taemin tried out his new aegyo he worked on.

Jongin chuckled and blushed at how adorable his brother was, "Yah don't be cute in public, but ok ok I will. Text me when you get out of dance. I'll take it to your room."

"Ani! What are you thinking? You tell me before you come to that side, you understand? Never come over to my side of the school unless accompanied by me or Minho hyung. Or if Mom is here to visit, got that?" Taemin scolded.

"Hyuuung, I'm not a baby." Jongin rolled his eyes.

"You're not immortal either, if something happens to you, I'll provoke Death to take my life," he glanced down at his watch, "I have to go back now, but tell me when you are coming or I will listen deeply to your thoughts and voice to see if you are going against what I say." He leaned in and pecked his brother's forehead. "Bye Jongin, tell Suho I said thanks for taking care of you." Taemin his heels and ran back to his side of the campus.

--

Taemin reached the dance room before anyone else, unlocked it, and right before he slipped in a hand gripped his wrist.

"Aigo!" Taemin wailed and turned his head.

"Taemin-ah have you been avoiding me?" Jinki asked, a slight tone of hurt in his words.

Taemin looked down, blushing a bit before shaking his head. He screeched for a second, just enough to sting Jinki a bit and release his wrist. "Please excuse me hyung, I have to practice my dancing."

"I want to see."

"What?!" Taemin looked up in horror. "No you can't!"

Just in that moment, Kibum had walked up to the room and heard that last bit. "Yes he can, you know we always want people to see if they'd like to be a part of this Taemin."

Jinki looked at Kibum and smiled. "Oh hey Kibum, thanks." He turned back to Taemin to flash a victory smile and waltzed into the room.

Taemin sighed. Great. Now he's gonna see me dance. What if he makes fun-- no who cares if he does. He's probably like the rest anyway. He thought he finally had a friend, but maybe he was wrong.

He walked over to the sound system and connected his iPod. Scrolling, he selected a song to warm up to.

Taemin's hips swayed beautifully, body jerking back and forth, short black hair bouncing along his dance moves.

"Any wider and drool will fall out Jinki," Kibum smirked with arms crossed. He walked to a spot beside Taemin and began to dance as well.

Jinki had turned red from the comment, yet Taemin had paid them no attention. It was as if there was no one and nothing beside Taemin and that music. Jinki's eyes were focused on Taemin, staring at the beauty before him. So perfect. So beautiful. He's so enticing, I just want to kiss his plump lips--

"Shut up!" Taemin swung his hands out to his sides, denting the lockers on either side of him.

"What's wrong?!" Kibum asked with a bit of fear of getting thrown beside those lockers.

Taemin and Jinki locked gazes, Taemin being the first to break it with a glare. "He keeps thinking things..."

Kibum shifted his eyes towards Jinki who was as red as a beet by this point. 

"I-I got caught up in his dance, he looked good..." Jinki said while looking down.

Kibum burst into laughter. "Oh wow! Haha! Okay okay, Jinki keep your erted thoughts in your heart or save them for later. Let Taemin-ah focus on his dancing."

The door creaked open and in came the pool of dancers.

"Hey boss! Other boss! ... New guy!" Hyuna said cheerfully as she pranced to the changing room.

"What's gotten into her?" Kibum asked Taemin.

"She got a new boyfriend," Taemin smiled. He really was happy when others were happy. Especially if it meant the others would be kind towards him.

Yuri walked over to Taemin with her head hung low, "H-hey Taemin... Have you had any more visions lately?"

Taemin shook his head, "Unfortunately not, I'll let you know the second I do. Maybe if I interact with you a bit more right now, something will trigger the power to show me a vision. In the meantime, have you tried to reconciliate or avoid that person?" He was really too kind, especially with those who treated him like the scum of the earth.

Jinki was listening intently, though keeping his head down to pretend he wasn't. He was curious to how Taemin's everyday life was.

Yuri turned towards Jessica and Hyoyeon, sending them a pleading look. "Listen Taemin, we have something to say..." Yuri began.

"We're sorry about how we've been treating you," Hyoyeon continued.

"And we really mean it. We want to be kinder to you. Not just because you can help us, but because you really don't have anyone on your side to protect you from all these s.... Also, my sister seems to have taken a liking to you," Jessica smiled.

Taemin's eyes widened. Are they serious? He listened closely to hear their thoughts.

I hope he believes us, I really do wish to be his friend... So Hyoyeon was being honest.

I don't mind being his friend. I've been a real . Maybe it really is time for me to cut the crap... Jessica was in the clear.

Come on Taemin, accept it. We're being real here.... Yuri pleaded in her head.

He looked at them and smiled, tears building in the corners of his eyes. "Th-thank you...." He whispered, shaking a bit. It was a little overwhelming being able to have friends that weren't his brother, but it was so exciting. Really, this was one his happiest moments.

"Aww! Don't cry Taeminnie-ah!" Hyoyeon squeaked, crushing him in a hug.

"Yeah, be happy that you have three friends! Who will take care of you and protect you, arasseo?" Yuri smiled and joined the hug.

"Ahh, Taemin you're very adorable. I don't understand why we were so mean to you, cutie." Jessica giggled, completing the group hug.

Kibum smiled at the sight. He longed for someone to protect Taemin since he himself wasn't capable of it. "Alright guys, enough of this love fest. We have a visitor and we have to show him that dancing can be fun!" He winked at them and turned to the rest of the members.

Taemin wiped his tears and the girls let go. "Hello everyone, hope your day wasn't tiring. Today you will pair up and dance one of our previous routines together. You either find a partner dance, or critique each other on solos," he informed.

"If you do not want to pair up, you will come to this gentleman," Kibum said as he walked over to Jinki and leaned an arm on his shoulder, "And perform something for him. Girls...Guys...make is y." He looked down to a wide eyed Jinki and winked at him.

"Let's get started." Taemin declared.

"Taemin let's be partners okay! I've really wanted to dance with you since last year," Hyoyeon said and grabbed Taemin's hand, not really giving him much of a choice.

--

"That's a wrap, everyone can go home now~" Kibum sang as he and Taemin wiped off their sweat. Jinki was beyond impressed.

Krystal had suddenly bursted through the door, "Oppa!" She ran to Taemin and hugged him.

Jessica pouted, "Yah! What about your unnie!?"

Krystal giggled and ran to her sister, squeezing her and kissing her cheek. Once the elder was satisfied, Krystal went back to Taemin, who was now shirtless.

"Very attractive oppa," Krystal hummed, eyeing the body that she once had the pleasure of claiming.

Taemin looked down and blushed. "Thanks... why are you here Krystal?"

"Well I was wondering... if you--"

Geu saekkiboda naega motan ge mwoya
Dodaeche wae naneun gajil su eomneun geoya

"Yoboseyo?" Taemin answered his phone after running across the room. Krystal giggled. Jinki thought his ringtone was cute, it was one of his favorite songs by G Dragon. Kibum just smiled to himself at the adorable kid he couldn't be friends with.

"Hyung, I'm on my way back now, please be at the river before I text you. We didn't go far," Jongin informed.

Taemin nodded before realizing his brother couldn't see him. "Ne, I'll pack my things and go right now. See you later aegi~" 

Jongin chuckled, oh how his brother loved and adored him.

Krystal and Jinki felt a pang of jealousy in their hearts, thinking Who's aegi? at the same time.

 

-----

I took long, didn't I? ; A;
I'm sorry! I really am busy, but I look for days where I can type a little bit each time and complete a chapter on a weekend~

 

Please let me know if there's more you'd like to see,
I hope the Minho info was enough for you AptonKey (: 

 

Comment on anything you like, dislike or would like please!
Thanks for reading ^^